UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Movies for Guys Who Like Movies

neolego

-Preface-

The other day me and my close friends were hanging out, chatting. When one of the guys, jokingly, referred to me as "Mr. White" (my last name for the slow people reading ;) ). Then, I quickly answered, *in best Keanu Voice "My name is neo!" This led to a couple of laughs. Then, one of the guys said, "Huh...I don't get it". This began a Discussion on The Matrix and we found out that he never seen it. I informed him that it's one of those movies that, if you are a guy, you have to see in life. So, then we took that topic and ran, and begin to talk about what other movies would fit into that catagory. In essence, what are the movies that, as a guy, are Must See titles.

-Topic-

So, I went home and started working on a list of movies that I thought were "Must See" for guys. There are no guidlines, it can be action packed, or dramatic, or hilarious. In the end, the only criteria is that is a movie that any man on the face of the earth NEEDS to see. I am going to give you list that I have as of right now and I would like to ask for your assistance. If there is a movie that is not listed that you believe is a Guys movie, please reply with your ideas.

• Alien
  • Any Given Sunday
  • Apocalypse Now
  • Apollo 13
  • Armageddon
  • Army of Darkness
  • Backdraft
  • Bad Boys
  • Bandits
  • Batman Begins
  • Behind Enemy Lines
  • Black Hawk Down
  • Blade
  • Blade Runner
  • Bloodsport
  • Blues Brothers
  • Braveheart
  • Caddyshack
  • Cars
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • Con Air
  • Conspirisy Theory
  • Dances with Wolves
  • Daredevil
  • Days of Thunder
  • Deep Blue Sea
  • Die Hard
  • Dirty Harry
  • Enemy of the State
  • Face/Off
  • Field of Dreams
  • Fight Club
  • Firewall
  • For The Love of the Game
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Galaxy Quest
  • Ghost Rider
  • Ghostbusters
  • Gladiator
  • Gone in 60 Seconds
  • Happy Gilmore
  • Hidalgo
  • I, Robot
  • Independence Day
  • Indiana Jones
  • Jack Ryan
  • James Bond
  • Jason Bourne
  • Jaws
  • Jurassic Park
  • King Arthur
  • King Kong
  • Lethal Weapon
  • Lonesome Dove
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Maverick
  • Men In Black
  • Minority Report
  • Mission: Impossible
  • Mr & Mrs Smith
  • Nacho Libre
  • National Treasure
  • Nepolean Dynamite
  • Ocean's
  • Payback
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Pitch Black/Riddick
  • Point Break
  • Preditor
  • Ranson
  • Remember the Titans
  • Road Warrior
  • Robin Hood: Prince of Theives
  • Robocop
  • Rocky
  • Ronin
  • Rush Hour
  • Sahara
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Smokey and the Bandit
  • Snakes on a Plane
  • Speed
  • Star Wars
  • Starship Troopers
  • Stealth
  • T2
  • Tango & Cash
  • The 13th Warrior
  • The Day After Tomorrow
  • The Deer Hunter
  • The Fifth Element
  • The Fugitive
  • The Godfather
  • The Hitchhicker's Guide
  • The Hurricane
  • The Incredibles
  • The Island
  • The Italian Job
  • The Last Samurai
  • The Matrix
  • The Mummy
  • The One
  • The Patriot
  • The Perfect Storm
  • The Prestige
  • The Replacements
  • The Rock
  • The Rundown
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • The Waterboy
  • Three Kings
  • TMNT
  • Tombstone
  • Top Gun
  • Transformers
  • Troy
  • True Lies
  • U-571
  • Unforgiven
  • Universal Soldier
  • War of the Worlds
  • We Were Soldiers
  • Wild Hogs
  • X-Men
  • Young Guns

:)

neo

SAW? And defo need to add Star Wars!

Awesome, that's why I posted the list. You'd be suprised how many movies slip through when you are just running on your brain alone.

Ok, so far, we are adding

-Star Wars

-Blues Brothers

-Apocalypse Now

-The Fifth Element

-The Shawshank Redemption

I will not add SAW or most horror movies because I can't say that any of them seem like must see movies to me. They have their nitch, but there are very few horror movies that warrant a repeat view for me.

I will not add SAW or most horror movies because I can't say that any of them seem like must see movies to me. They have their nitch, but there are very few horror movies that warrant a repeat view for me.

Even The Silence of the Lambs?

How about South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut?

this is a list of must see guy movies right?

true romance (find this movie watch this movie it is the ultimate guys movie)

pulp fiction

kill bill volume 1 & 2

millers crossing

reservoir dogs

four rooms

desperado

oldboy

28 days later

event horizon

raging bull

bubba ho-tep

jackie brown

american psycho

dog day afternoon

rocky I and II

heat

the big lebowski

the good, the bad, and the ugly

blazing saddles

young frankenstien

american history x

unleashed

clerks

carlito's way

escape from new york

ill add more later

I have the Bourne movies listed under "Jason Bourne" as they are some of the greatest action movies of all time. Clearly better than Die Hard, Mission Impossible, and Rush Hour put together :).

I would agree that Citizen Kane is one of the greatest movies of all time, but it doesn't belong on the Man list. I'm looking for movies with Balls to the wall action, or slapstick funny, or Out of the world explosive. Something that will keep you on the edge of your seat, an adrinaline rush type of movie. I would not classify Citizen Kane as any of that, though it is one of the greatest, ever!

Thank you guys for all the sugguesttions. I will be adding quite a few from those that have mentioned.......although I do have to say, I'm not sure Steel Magnolia's is gonna make it ;). Maybe you should come over this weekend Ivan, we are having a Movie night Sunday........it might be good for you :D. neo

But have you actually seen Steel Magnolias?

It's a great movie about six hard-drinkin', hard-rockin', hard-partyin' Southern chicks who are all hotter than a billy goat in a pepper patch! They're not all equally hot, some are better than others to be sure. But you wouldn't turn any of them away because they got sharp knees or nothin'.

The movie starts out with all the girls in some beauty shop comparing sexual conquests. The stories get lewder and more obscene as they progress. It was like they were competing for the most erotic story. Then suddenly one of the girls faints and has to be taken to the hospital. I thought that was an odd turn, but hey, I'm no filmmaker.

It turns out the girl who fainted doesn't have any money or insurance, and she needs some super special brain surgery to survive. So the rest of the girls get together and plan out ways to raise money. First they all get jobs in the local bar, where they can call the shots and use their female attributes to drive the patrons crazy. You know, twirling liquor bottles and dancing on bar stools and such. Unfortunately, poor investments and unwise business decisions outweighed all the incoming titillation money and they were unable raise the capital they needed. The friend's condition was worsening so they had to turn to less conventional means... a calendar!

They hired a flamboyantly homosexual photographer to take strategically obscured nude photographs of the girls. But when the film was developed at the local drug store, the helpless clerk mixed it up with the film from a Russian secret agent. You can guess what happened, they ended up with a calendar of nuclear energy plant photos. Understandably, these did not sell well, but they did arouse the suspicion of the federal authorities who arrived in black helicopters. With a lot of flirting and giggling they were cleared of all espionage charges.

But those charges should have been the least of their fears. While the girls received the spy's photos, the KGB received all their naughty calendar photos. At first the Russians didn't know what to make of them. "Is this what Americans do in their nuclear facilities?" "That doesn't look like a radiation suit to me." "Oh my, what is she doing with that depleted uranium rod?" And so on. Further investigation was clearly necessary, so they sent a team of six hunky secret agents to find out what was going on.

Somehow the girls found out the Russians were coming, so they all hopped on their Harleys and start riding west. They make it through two states before the Russians caught up and huge firefight ensued. The girls' shotguns were no match for the Russian uzis and rocket launchers and the rolling battle came to a halt in a shopping mall parking lot. The girls made it in to the nearest clothing store and used mannequin limbs and display racks to disarm the Russians. Eventually it's all hand-to-hand combat except the Asian girl (Oh, didn't I tell you? One of the friends is Asian.) knows kung-fu and she's jump-kicking and hiiiiya'ing all over the place. Something explodes and the whole mall caught on fire.

They fight they're way through the flames to the Bath and Body Works store. They then strip down to their skivvies and apply large amounts of lotion to each other for protection from the harmful UV rays being emitted by the fire. After about twenty minutes of lotion application someone notices the propane store across the way. They decide that fire and propane make a bad combination and they start running (in slow motion) toward the food court where they encounter... a group of ninjas!

I won't go any further because I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone. But it's a great movie and definitely well worth a rental.

Not to mention The Dirty Dozen and Green Berets. Let me take a look at my movies Neo and I'll get back to you with my list :D

there are a few questionable as purely "GUY" movies.

buuuuuut

-40 year old virgin, totally a guy movie

-grandma's boy, a nerd guy's movie

-versus, it's a japanese film, absurd and awesome. CHECK IT OUT.

-smokin' aces. explosions and death and comedy. see it if you haven't.

-hot fuzz. funny as hell, people die, good times are had.

I will think of more later