UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Callin out to the Mini Masters for HELP

Jason

I call my lcs today to have him hold me the avengers set like usual. He says im sorry I got them in on MONDAY! A FREAKIN MONDAY? Im thinking WTF?

So now it gets better, he has SOLD the chase. I can still get the regular set off him but does anyone have or know where I can get the Thor chase? I really dont wanna start missing mates now due to the stupid ship whenever schedule. This is just retarded

I'm highly suspicious of that Monday ship date!

Diamond ALWAYS ships to comic stores on a Wednesday (unless there's a holiday) and this would be the first exception to that.

As for finding the Chase, I cant help but good luck... that's why they call it a chase you know ;)

T.

I call my lcs today to have him hold me the avengers set like usual. He says im sorry I got them in on MONDAY! A FREAKIN MONDAY? Im thinking WTF?

So now it gets better, he has SOLD the chase. I can still get the regular set off him but does anyone have or know where I can get the Thor chase? I really dont wanna start missing mates now due to the stupid ship whenever schedule. This is just retarded

Honestly, i'd maybe not buy the other six from you LCS... i've found it's WAY easier to buy a whole wave at once (with variant) from online retailers, than it is to chase down that stupid variant all by itself on Ebay or something.

i want to say that i saw the Avengers wave on AFX for a decent price (including Eric Masterson/Bearded Thor) but their site isn't loading for me at the moment, for reasons unknown.

But even if AFX doesn't have it, lots of other online retailers... and even Ebay retailers... regularly sell the full set.

Well hes usually been cool at saving me the whole set as long as i called

so i figured this wave would be no different

and i would go with an online seller but no one has the full sets lol

plus i gotta have em in hand SHE HULK THOR!! ARRGG lol

After seeing this topic it got me thinking. What if my local comic shop had gotten the zombies in early? So right before I posted this I decided to call and they said that they could confirm that they would be available because he had them in hand already since, get this, Monday. It actually says on the diamond select website that they shipped things on the 27th, which was this monday. He also told me that he wouldn't be putting them for sale tommorrow since tey weren't suppose to be released until then and since quite a few people preordered them and he wanted to make sure that those people received theirs.

This news vexes me greatly, for I too am a person who relies on the East Coast delayed wednesday release to get the variant...

All the way back since Frosted Iceman, when the brilliant scheme 1st dawned on me, so long as I showed up 1st thing in the morning on the day of a new minimate release, I was able to secure the variant...

However, if the store I usually go to got them two days ago, that goes right out the dang window doesn't it?

My only hope is that there's either a: Something fishy about your store, and it's just an isolated incident, or b: Even if my store got them Monday, that they enforce the Wednesday release date. (There's actually a very good chance of it, because it's a store that's very anal about release dates... sometimes they leave the door to the back room open, and I actually see things on a Tuesday, sitting in back, that shouldn't be out 'til Wednesday, and I whimper at the stupidity of having to wait a day for something that's sitting 3 feet away from me... this time however, it may work in my favor...)

*Shakes fist* I better get that Beardy Thor... If you've made me worry for no good reason, I'll bash you good! (Just kidding, just kidding... hehe...) ... But if it turns out when I get there tomorrow that we're in the same boat, then I feel your pain.

heres an update on me

I ordered the avengers set minus chase and the zombie box set from stuckakid :) heh

I also may still be getting the chase from elsewhere

also i called around and no one else i called will have these till tomorrow

makes me wonder more about my shop

They are out, picked up my Avengers, and Zombies! been there since yesterday, and I was the first one to buy any...yaaay!

oh yeah, wolvie has an alternate hairpiece, and luke, spidey and hulk have the pointy venom fingers. Cap's head is one molded piece, and wolvie's boots are now one piece with a L and R stamped into them

I am so stoked. I have the zombies waiting at my shop and they will have a case of the wave and I bought the complete x3 set with variant on ebay which will arrive tomorrow and thanks to xVashx I might have an iron man 2 pack coming tomorrow. I am going to be drowning in mates. What is sad is I still haven't put away my mates I bought at the con which means I will have around 70 mates to run rampant!!! ahhhh these are some d@mn good drugs :banana: