UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MGM

I thought I would start a thread about what the most likely minimates will be made from the deal where DST can make minimates on anything from MGM's library (or so i have been lead to believe).

so, what do you think........

me? well, i can see them doing some Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I was gonna say bond =)

the original texas chainsaw massacre 2 was MGM, right? I know they own the dvd rights. a chop top and leatherface mate... mmm

2001: space odyssey might be neat.

...and spaceballs =)

off topic, but while looking for mgm movies on wikipedia, I saw there was gonna be a sequel to "the thomas crown affair" :)

I was gonna say bond =)

the original texas chainsaw massacre 2 was MGM, right? I know they own the dvd rights. a chop top and leatherface mate... mmm

2001: space odyssey might be neat.

...and spaceballs =)

off topic, but while looking for mgm movies on wikipedia, I saw there was gonna be a sequel to "the thomas crown affair" :)

Spaceballs minimates w/ Flying Winnebago would be cool.

A list of some of the MGM movies I found by year (not including Rocky or 007 movies)

MGM also owns the libraries of Orion Pictures, PolyGram, and Unitied Artists

Mutiny on the Bounty ('35)

Gone With the Wind ('39)

The Wizard Of Oz ('39)

The Defiant Ones (‘58)

Ben-Hur ('59)

West Side Story ('61)

Exodus (‘61)

The Pink Panther ('63)

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (‘63)

In the Heat of the Night (‘67)

2001: A Space Odyssey ('68)

The Graduate (‘68)

Fiddler on the Roof (‘71)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest ('75)

LOGAN'S RUN ('76)

The Black Stallion ('79)

FAME ('80)

Raging Bull (‘80)

POLTERGEIST ('82)

Pink Floyd, THE WALL ('82)

WAR GAMES ('83)

2010 ('84)

THE YEAR OF THE DRAGON ('85)

Platoon (‘86)

Robocop (‘87)

SPACEBALLS ('87)

WILLOW ('88)

Rain Man (‘88)

A Fish Called Wanda (‘88)

Mississippi Burning (‘88)

Dances With Wolves (‘90)

Misery (‘90)

City Slickers ('91)

The Silence of the Lambs (‘91)

Thelma & Louise ('91)

Get Shorty ('95)

The Usual Suspects (‘95)

Dead Man Walking (‘96)

Fargo (‘96)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

2001:a space odessy, Army Of Darkness, Robocop, and Spaceballs :)

also a box set based on the movie solo [the 1996 movie]and Mad Max. shaft minimates might be cool,too...

solo:

marine

pilot

android

solo

2001:a space odessy

3 astronauts

Hal 9000

Robocop:

Robocop

Officer Lewis

Clarence Boddicker

ED-209

Army Of Darkness:

Ash

Evil Ash

Deadite

S-Mart Ash

If I could make wishes a reality, then I would create Minimates based on the following MGM/MGM-owned characters (they could be mixed together. . .I think that releasing just the best characters would sell better than individual sets for individual movies):

The Pink Panther-Inspector Clouseau

POLTERGEIST-Carol Anne and that creepy short, fat, psychic lady

Robocop-Robocop and the evil dad from That 70s Show

Misery-Kathy Bates w/sledge hammer

The Silence of the Lambs-Hannibal the Cannibal w/liver and wine

The Usual Suspects-McManus (Gabriel Byrne), Stephen Baldwin and Verbal Kent (Kevin Spacey)

Fargo-this one should get its own set, with Francis McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare and William H. Macy

Singing in the Rain-Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds

North by Northwest (!)-Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint

the Americanization of Emily (!!!!!--one of my all time favorite movies)-should get its own set with James Garner, Julie Andrews, and James Coburn

the Dirty Dozen-Lee Marvinmate 1, Telly Savalas, Charles Bronson, and John Cassavetes

Point Blank (!!!)-Lee Marvinmate 2!

Network-William Holden, Peter Finch, Faye Dunaway

There are so many iconic and recognizable movies on this list...I think that since they are making For a Few Dollars More minimates they will not necessarily stay in the sci-fi genre. Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind have the most general memorabilia crap (not to be offensive but the amount of ceramic stuff I have seen for sale in thrift stores and Hollywood tourist traps boggles the mind) and have some very recognizable characters-might be fun. And I am in total support of the Lector/Clarice pack-with liver and Chianti of course. Brains are also acceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

You left out "Escape From New York" ('81). Another unlikely MGM gem, though I never would have imagined that we'd get "For A Few Dollars More" 'mates. I'd love to see:

Snake Plissken/ Cabbie

Brain/ Maggie

Duke/ Romero

Hauk/ President

and as an exclusive (or variant)

"arena" Snake (shirtless w/ cobra tattoo) / Slag(?) (the bald, bearded arena monster).

• 3 weeks later...

MGM owns The Princess Bride. Just watched it today, and had forgotten what a great movie it is.

I think DST could easily squeeze two four-packs out of that movie, but I would be immensely happy with:

Westley as the Dread Pirate Roberts (with removable mask, a la Iron Fist, of course)

Inigo

Buttercup

and... wait for it...

3" Fezzik!

Come on, DST, don't make me start on these customs...

MGM owns The Princess Bride. Just watched it today, and had forgotten what a great movie it is.

I think DST could easily squeeze two four-packs out of that movie, but I would be immensely happy with:

Westley as the Dread Pirate Roberts (with removable mask, a la Iron Fist, of course)

Inigo

Buttercup

and... wait for it...

3" Fezzik!

Another MGM classic. I was just thinking this the other day while sorting my dvds and taking particular notice to any MGM titles I had. The "dread pirate" Westley would also make a good base for a Zorro custom!

Inigo

Buttercup

and... wait for it...

3" Fezzik!

Well, the Princess Bride should be a single wave of figures. No variants:

Buttercup/Dread Pirate Westley with variant Sulu's sword and hand, Fezzik/Inigo with same accesories as before, Humperdink/Count Rugen still same accesories, Vizzini/Max with bellows and wine

Inconceivable you say? Well, maybe but it could be done.

• 1 month later...