UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

London Film And Comic Con

Vigilante

For all you brits out there, there is a film and comic convention in london; various film and tv stars and possibly some comic writers/artists. The website is http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/ Is anyone going?

Patriot

I'd love to go. When is it and how much is it? I mean Hayden Panettiere will be there! lol. Do you live in London Patriot?

EDIT: OK I see its this weekend so I doubt I'll be going. I have too much on.

Yeah, I do live in London. I'll tell you what it's like; maybe you'll be able to go next year.

Patriot

Edit: Seeing as I now know this is my hundredth post, I feel I should do something special...soo...parcheesi?

That would be awesome. I love comic cons. Anyone heard of Memorabilia at the NEC Birmingham? Anyone been to it. Its like the London one with celebs and stalls, but smaller. I go to it quite often and end up spending more than I should. The last one I went to was somewhat disappointing as there was a severe lack of minimates!

Yeah, I hope they have some good minimates there... I'll probably spend a bit too much there as well as I hear the guests are charging for autographs! Also, what kind of minimates were they selling at the Memorabilia con? This is my first con so I don't know what mates they'll have; whether they're exclusives or not.

Patriot

Nothing exclusive. I picked up a few varients cheap one year though. A few people may be selling the latest stuff and some old. You may be able to get the Avengers wave before the rest of us Brits.

Ah, cool. It'll be nice to (possibly) see some variants; it's a pity marvel wave 16 doesn't really interest me that much (please don't kill me!)...

Patriot

BLASPHEMY!

lol. How can you not want Thor, Scarlet Witch and Quiksilver. If you do see them, just tell me how much they were there. Thanks

Sure thing! I plan to get wonder man and she-hulk, but nothing else.

Is it strange that you and me are the only people who are psting in this thread? lol

Patriot

I don't know why no one else is using this? I guess no one else is going?

I guess... nice pic btw.

Patriot

I'm going to it tomorrow! Hopefully it won't take too long to get in... how long have the queues been in your con?

Patriot

I came, I saw and I went...

Not all that great in my oppinion, went Sunday... guy in the pink dalek shirt, got mobbed by a guy in an Alien rubber suit... browsed all the stores and saw quite a few nice trek items, a few rare prototypes of AA Trek figures, way over priced though.

In my whole day I saw a total count of three boxes of minimates... yep, three boxes of minimates :P Not that popular at a 'comic'con all though there werent many comics either :/ anyway had fun almost saw Patrick Stewart, I saw Clare Bennet, Peter and Nathan Pitrelli, Dominic Monaghan, Nana Visitor, I didnt see Mr. Bennet (btw cant remember there names, calling them by there character names) lots of Star Wars extras except Kenny Baker.

Good day out, dont think I'll be going again.

Cheers,

Tk