UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

DEAD RISING = Too Violent (unless of course you're into that)

Honestly, I downloaded the Demo of this game and had a blast. It was fun and looked great. But I just can't bring myself to support that type of needless violence and extreme gore. Now, if they added a "PG" option with little to no blood, I would have been first in line.

That being said, if you are into the extreme violence and death and blood that zombie moves/games bring, you will really enjoy the game. Just the demo alone was worth the download so I'm sure the game is pretty entertaining for fans. neo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoa,. hold on there Neo...

I agree with you... Partially.

I'm totally up on the Wii. I'll be buying it right away. All the games I'm, looking forward to for 360 aren't til next year (Mass Effect, Resident Evil 5 & Halo 3).

That being said, Ghosst Recon feels the most "next gen" of most games on 360. Solid graphics and some of the best (multiplayer) gameplay make it one I come back to more than any other.

Sorry, allow me to regress a little. Ghost Recon was amazing in most ways. The graphics were beautiful and the sound and feel of the game were great. I will also agree that the Multi-player was one of the best I've ever played (in FPS that is). However, my point was that it was just a FPS with polish. Sure, it did a few new things, but in the end it wasn't "Next Gen" IMO. Now, on that subject, RS: Vegas is looking pretty nice. :) neo

Okay, that makes sense.

To be honest, I'm not in it for the "next gen" thing. I'm just in it for the new, best games. And, since XB isn't making games anymore that leaves me with 360... ;)

That being said, I don't think it's the best FPS I've played. Halo 2 will own that spot for another year :P .

It is, however different and new. The download makes the game even sweeter (if you can choke down the extra $10) with double the maps, the original maps @ night/morning/dusk/day, more guns, more faces, more uniforms & more game types. Team Battle is loads of fun with BOTS thrown into the multiplayer mix making it more like battlefield or battlefront.

I'm all about multiplayer. It doesn't matter how sweet a game is, if it's single player it's not gonna hold my attention nearly as long.

That's why I'm picking up the Wii... Smash Bros. :D

But... Even that can't be considered "next gen". :unsure:

Alright, let's tackle another game.

Ady, I noticed you've played quite a bit of N3. Any good?

I LOVED Dunasty Warriors 2 when it came out! I played the Demo for N3 though I thought I might end up throwing the game out the window if I had it. It's fun, but MAN is it frustrating!

Also, is the demo level the REAL first level? Cause if so, that game is HARD! :(

Nestle, apologies about last night, the better half uses the 360 too under my gamer tag, hence me not responding.

N3 is pretty cool, the plot is gibberish but its fun that demo is based on the second level for the second character, but the demo is ahrder than the standard level. The game does have its fiendishly difficult parts though, if you have the time its probably a good game to rent over a long weekend rather than to buy.

IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR LEGO STAR WARS II!!!!!! :spiderham:

in case you can't tell, I want this game bad!

I preordered months ago. The wait has been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

o

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

o

o

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

long!

Maybe she'd be interested in getting her own gamertag (or making YOU get a new one since she got the the gamerscore). My wife has her own. If you buy it in a package it's not too bad. I dunno what prices are like in the UK, but here a package sells for $80 -$40 Headset -$25 off a game -Other little stuff. Already though a year of XBL is $15. That's just over a buck a month!

Well after 3 weeks of cable issues and a fantastic installer on Thursday, we finally have new cable in the house and the computer is in one of the places I always wanted it :D So now I need to drill a hole from one wall into another to run the ethernet cable from my modem to the XBox ;) So my question is, how hard is the downloading of the Xbox updates? This is all pretty new to me, but I'm blown away so far with how easy it was to install. Kind of hoping I can get to this on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Anyway, if anyone has a trick or a easy way to update the old Xbox games, please let me know here and thanks in advance again for the suggestions.

Maybe she'd be interested in getting her own gamertag (or making YOU get a new one since she got the the gamerscore). My wife has her own. If you buy it in a package it's not too bad. I dunno what prices are like in the UK, but here a package sells for $80 -$40 Headset -$25 off a game -Other little stuff. Already though a year of XBL is $15. That's just over a buck a month!

Yeah its something we've thoguht about but she insists on us sharing one (I think shes in denial about how much of a gamer she is), only problem for me is if she got her own she'd want live too, and a live subscription is nearer $100 a year over here, I think cheapest I could get it would be $50,

Well after 3 weeks of cable issues and a fantastic installer on Thursday, we finally have new cable in the house and the computer is in one of the places I always wanted it :D So now I need to drill a hole from one wall into another to run the ethernet cable from my modem to the XBox ;) So my question is, how hard is the downloading of the Xbox updates? This is all pretty new to me, but I'm blown away so far with how easy it was to install. Kind of hoping I can get to this on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Anyway, if anyone has a trick or a easy way to update the old Xbox games, please let me know here and thanks in advance again for the suggestions.

Its easier than you could ever imagine. Everything updates itself.

Hmmm... That's pretty pricey. Well, let me know if you guys are REALLY considering it. Cause if you're on the fence we could always come up with something like me buying a apckage for you here and mailing it there. (After all, my dollar is like .5 to yours).

Don it's this hard:

Put in game.

360 says you need to update to play this game online.

Press download.

Wait a minute

Ta Da! :D

Finally set up on Nintendo WiFi. (didn't want to fool with it until I got moved)

So far, I've only registered my MarioKart game. I'm no snaker either, (though I should probably learn how to so I can do it when playing against others who do it) so if you are you'll be kicking my ass quite easily.

Here's my MarioKart friend code:

It seems that a lot of people here have a DS. Maybe there should be a sticky for friend codes. It would be easier than having to search through 4+ pages of random video game discussion.

Sweet Action.

I picked up LEGO: Star Wars II yesterday for the DS and 360 (check my gamertag if you want). I've only played through the first couple of levels, but I actually forgot just how much fun LEGO: Star Wars was. This is better in EVERY way and looks wonderful in HD.

I haven't played around much with the DS version, but it's basically the same game just scaled down.

Anyway, give me a few days and I'll get a full review up (for those who care). I can say with confidence though, I would recommend this game to anyone, especially Star Wars and LEGO fans :). If you have any questions I'll try to answer what I can about either of the versions. neo

Yeah, haven't been big into Lego's in awhile, but I liked the look of this game. So I'll look forward to your review. I'm still having a blast with Call to Duty 2, I need to get my brother in law in her to drill a few holes for me to run the ethernet from my modem to my box. I know I asked this question before, but I'm going to ask it again. How difficult is it to download extras and upgrades to the 360? Is it like the computer for the most part, put the disc in the 360 and hit enter on the computer? Just curious on what everyone's experience has been with this feature. Thanks again, so far I've really enjoyed my system.

Yaaahhhh!! I was waiting for someone to say that :lol: As I said before, I love how easy it was to snap together and play. So I was hoping it was the same with the rest, thanks Ady ;)

Yeah, I have to admit that the Xbox 360 is one of the most userfriendly techs that I've ever owned. It's bacically a computer, but not anywhere near as complicated. Even my wife is a pro at browsing pictures and music from the PC.

Just to reassure you though, I had a few minutes this morning to turn on the 360. They released a roster update for Madden. It downloaded in a matter of minutes and with in 5 minutes I was browsing my all new rosters and I didn't have to do anything but cloose to download. It's really that easy. neo

Sweet Action.

I picked up LEGO: Star Wars II yesterday for the DS and 360 (check my gamertag if you want). I've only played through the first couple of levels, but I actually forgot just how much fun LEGO: Star Wars was. This is better in EVERY way and looks wonderful in HD.

I haven't played around much with the DS version, but it's basically the same game just scaled down.

Anyway, give me a few days and I'll get a full review up (for those who care). I can say with confidence though, I would recommend this game to anyone, especially Star Wars and LEGO fans :). If you have any questions I'll try to answer what I can about either of the versions. neo

YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!! i got it too, and im supposed to be doing homehork, so i cant play it....