Video Game Discussion

neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh man........I need that, guess I'm gonna have to go get another Points card after work :). Thanks for the link Nestle.

Since E3 is behind us, I sat down last night and made a list of all the games that I want and all the games that are Must-Buys for the rest of the year. Here is my list (for those interested):

August:

6 - Worms 2 (DS)

14 - Madden 08 (360)

21 - Bioshock (360)

27 - Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)

September:

25 - Halo 3 (360)

October:

1 - Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

30 - Call of Duty 4

November:

1 - Mass Effect (360)

1 - Assisans Creed (360)

6 - LEGO Star Wars Collection (360, DS)

12 - Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

December:

3 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)

That is just my "Must-Have" list, a number of them are already reserved and paid for. There is a small list of games that I want, but I'll wait until I see the reviews and check my funds. A few of those games are Splinter Cell: Conviction, Spider-Man Friend or Foe, Two Worlds, The Orange Box, Ace Combat 6, Project Gotham Racing 4, and Tiger Woods 08. So, what are you guys most looking forward to the rest of the year? neo

Well, I'm back in the saddle again. Friday afternoon I went and picked up the original Halo. I have never played Halo previous to this weekend. However, with all the hype over Halo 3, I went ahead and pre-ordered the game. So, thinking about this 3rd installment, I thought I could only do it justice to play through the first 2 before September 25th. So, I spent all weekend treking through Halo 1. I haven't finished it yet, but I have to say that I love it. I can see where the hype comes from. I'm planning to be through this game by the end of the week and pick up Halo 2 next weekend.

Other than that, I played the DEMO for Bomberman Live and Pacman HD, both of which I'm going to pick up just as soon as I get to the store and pick up another points card.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the weekend. I have to be quick about beating Halo 1 and 2 though, because next month is Madden and Bioshock, and I'm gonna be busy :). neo

Neo: I took your advice and got WarioWare: Smooth Moves. I can honestly say that I've never played anything like that before! It's pretty entertaining. I was stuck on the Wario Dance Boss Battle (Tiny Wario board) for a while before I got it. Now that I have the multiplayer mode unlocked, I need to give that a try with some friends!

I'm thinking about getting Sonic for the Wii next. Any opinion on that one?

Oh man........I need that, guess I'm gonna have to go get another Points card after work :). Thanks for the link Nestle.

Since E3 is behind us, I sat down last night and made a list of all the games that I want and all the games that are Must-Buys for the rest of the year. Here is my list (for those interested):

August:

6 - Worms 2 (DS)

14 - Madden 08 (360)

21 - Bioshock (360)

27 - Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)

September:

25 - Halo 3 (360)

October:

1 - Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

30 - Call of Duty 4

November:

1 - Mass Effect (360)

1 - Assisans Creed (360)

6 - LEGO Star Wars Collection (360, DS)

12 - Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

December:

3 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)

That is just my "Must-Have" list, a number of them are already reserved and paid for. There is a small list of games that I want, but I'll wait until I see the reviews and check my funds. A few of those games are Splinter Cell: Conviction, Spider-Man Friend or Foe, Two Worlds, The Orange Box, Ace Combat 6, Project Gotham Racing 4, and Tiger Woods 08. So, what are you guys most looking forward to the rest of the year? neo

Zelda for the DS for me.

Smas Bros for the kids is going to be a huge hit at Xmas! :D (Dad will have to try it out too....)

I'm thinking about getting Sonic for the Wii next. Any opinion on that one?

I have opinions, but you don't want them :P.

Actually, my advise would be to rent Sonic first. It's really not that good of a game and it's pretty short with almost no replay value. Unless you are just a diehard Sonic fan you would probably be better served staying away, but if you are still interested I would rent it......you will be glad that you saved your money :). neo

I'm not sure when it happened, but somewhere along the lines Neo and I started to agree on everything.

Sonic IS definetly a rent first game. I don't agree with it being bad, as a matter of fact it's really cool... Kinda. It's WAY too hard for not enough game. The mission setup is horrible.

Sadly these 2 reasons are enough to make a reallly cool IDEA for a game hard to want to play.

Boss battles are cool, but in the end I didn't play it for more than a day.

I agree Neo.

As for Halo:

WELCOME TO THE HALO NATION!!!!

The story from the 1st game is fantastic. The 2nd, well not as much...

But what you're experiencing is only a FRACTION of how freaking awesome Halo is.

Just wait til you take the fight online. ;)

Honestly, I'm not one for "Themed Systems". I never liked the PokeMon DS or the Donkey Kong N64 and I really don't like the HALO Xbox360. I like keeping things simple and modern. All of my systems are located in the living room and I don't want my entertainment center to look like the ceral isle at the store :D.

However, that being said, I'm sure they will sell alot of them. neo

Honestly, I'm not one for "Themed Systems". I never liked the PokeMon DS or the Donkey Kong N64 and I really don't like the HALO Xbox360. I like keeping things simple and modern. All of my systems are located in the living room and I don't want my entertainment center to look like the ceral isle at the store :D.

I'm with you on those, but this is the Simpsons. How can you resist Homer's head? :biggrin:

:blink: the kid is flying?

i know the game came out like almost two years ago but can somebody help me with kingdom hearts two?

i bought the game the day it came out and have been stuck at this gay @$$ part ever since! how the heck do you beat demux the second time you fight him! i mean the part after tron and before the fight against the 1000 heartless.

maybe theres something wrong with my game because i have put hours into trying to beat it, bought the guide, and researched all of the internet on how to beat this damn part but i still cant! somebody please help!

Alright, I hear the call for help and will respond!

You are currentl;ly playing one of my fav. games of all time there Punisher (and the 1000 heartless spot is SWEET!!!!!)

Also, the only 2 places I died were fighting Demux the 1st & 2nd times (weird coincidence).

It's not hard, just a little frustrating. When he brings the music notes to life grab one by the head and swing it around til you bash all the other ones apart. It's WAY faster than beating them all individually. It's all about being timed. Bash 'em fast!

That solve it?

Man, I've never played Kingdom Hearts (never owned a Sony Anything), but I have to say that I've always wanted too. I was actually REALLY close to buying a PS2 when KHII came out, but I held off. However, there has been some rumor in the winds that the Xbox 360 might be getting a deluxe version of Kingdom Hearts I and II before III is released across multi-playforms. Again, this is a rumor, but I'm holding my breath because I really, really want to play this masterpiece! neo

I actually bought a PS2 specifically for KH. Then a few years passed and KH2 came out!

KH2 is NEARLY perfect with it's sole flaw being the way-too-long "tutorial." (like 3+hrs).

As for the 360 version I can pretty much guarantee the first 2 won't be landing there Neo (sorry). But I'm holding to the hope that the 3rd might land on it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT a PS fan, but KH makes it worth it...

Crap, I need to find some loser who owns a PS2. Wait, I guess I don't need to specify "loser", if they have a PS2 isn't that already know..... ;) Kidding....really :P. Anyway, none of my friend own a PS2, I wish blockbuster still rented them. Maybe I should look into getting a used one just for Kingdom Hearts, I can always trade it back in when I'm finished......

neo

Well I picked mine up used back in the day, so there's nothing wrong with that.

Damn I hope KH3 doesn't land on PS3... :(

As for KH...

To get the whole story you'll have to play both.

But KH2 is a million tiomes better gameplay wise.

I mean KH1 isn't bad, there are just some problems with camera and stuff...