neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whew!

That was tough. Good to have you back Neo!

So I picked up biog brain academy for the Wii the other day. I loved it! ... For a day.

Here's my pet peeve about Nintendo's focus on the "casual gamer." A lot of the games a great but only for about a day. I've already experienced all Big Brain Academy has to offer. There goes $60. :(

Nestle my friend, you are preaching to the choir. I started out so in love with the Wii and I think it had A LOT to do with Zelda. Now, Zelda is a memory and there is nothing else to play. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Wii. It's the first thing I pull out when friends come over, but I see where the Wii has cast aside the Hardcore gamer. I do not believe this will always be the case, but right now the Wii has only served to attract casual gamers and non-gamers while leaving the Hardcore fan playing a 360 or PS2/3. Now, on the horizon we have Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros., etc. But, in the long run, when games like Splinter Cell, Transformers, Madden, etc come out, I will always, ALWAYS pick it up for the 360 for better graphics and better online play. Nintendo is not going away, they are just now appealing to a new audience, for better or worse. neo

Hey, sorry for the double post, but I had a quick question.

I'm and jonesing for my Xbox back........it's been a LONG wait :). My question is to any of you that have had to send you Xbox360 back to be repaired. I received an email saying on Sunday (6/24) saying they recieved my Xbox for repair. Obviously last Sunday would have been a week, making today 9 days with no word. The guy originally told me it would be less than 2 weeks to get my 'box back. Can someone just make me feel a little better and let me know about how long it took for you to get yours back? I'm a patient guy, I know it hasn't been two weeks yet, but I'm really hoping to get it back soon.........I miss it :(. neo

Hmmmm... It varies. I've had some really fast... And some not so fast.

You read the article I linked above?

Anyways, if you got the email 9 days ago saying they received it I'd say it's a good bet you'll get it within the next 5 days.

BTW, have you PLAYED any Zelda since you lost your 360?

Yeah, I acutally pulled Zelda out last week and did a lot of fishing and running around. However, I found myself replaying Link to the Past and Ocarina on the VC, so I've been Zelda Busy lately :). No matter what happens, as long as I have a Zelda Game I can make it through any dry spell, lol.

Thanks for the encouragement NINTENDOwii. As much as I love Zelda, I'm looking to get my hands back on my 360, if for nothing else, I miss the heck outta my Worms :D. neo

I'm a huge Zelda fan! I love Ocarina of Time and Windwaker on the GC, and regularily go sailing or ride Epona on it. I don't have a Wii, and haven't played Twilight Princess yet. It's so darn expensive on the GC. It's like £40 here pre-owned, and nowhere has it new. I'm well annoyed at that. I'm really looking forward to the DS Zelda game. That's gonna be awesome.

I know these are old games, but does anyone play Morrowind or Fable on the original X-Box?

I know these are old games, but does anyone play Morrowind or Fable on the original X-Box?

Morrowind... I played that game to death on the PC when it came out, I still think it's better than Oblivion (except obviously graphically).

and as we are talking 'elder scrolls' I just picked up Oblivion for my 360 last week, I had it on the PC when it came out as I'm a huge fan of the series but my PC is lacking the umph to play it properly with the graphics turned up.

I still gotta say I hate the levelled creatures/rewards as it totally takes away my urge to explore, being list driven and pretty much the same monsters/rewards whichever dungeon you are in at that level is no substitute for risking an extra hard dungeon for special loot or feeling the urge to get payback by going into an easy dungeon and slaughter a bunch of creatures that gave you such a hard time when you started the game. Also it kills the urge to progress your character as you never feel you're getting more powerful as the world gets more powerful with you.

Having said that, just wandering around looking at the countryside still amazes me.

T.

I love the map on Morrowind. It is truley amazing. The graphics aren't great, and the combat could be improved more than a little bit, but it is a really fun game, and will last you years to fully finish.

Hey, sorry for the double post, but I had a quick question.

I'm and jonesing for my Xbox back........it's been a LONG wait :). My question is to any of you that have had to send you Xbox360 back to be repaired. I received an email saying on Sunday (6/24) saying they recieved my Xbox for repair. Obviously last Sunday would have been a week, making today 9 days with no word. The guy originally told me it would be less than 2 weeks to get my 'box back. Can someone just make me feel a little better and let me know about how long it took for you to get yours back? I'm a patient guy, I know it hasn't been two weeks yet, but I'm really hoping to get it back soon.........I miss it :(. neo

id start calling xbox and getting some free stuff from them

What VAsh says is funny... But kind of true. I think it's too early to push that card, but as someone who has had 4 360s die XBSupport is ALWAYS willing to give out free stuff. I'm not sure how many things they've given me, but you'd be surprised. ;)

I just purchased Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. I played it once on the Gamecube. Plus the game was $25 for the Wii. The Wii really isn't a very hardcore system. I also just picked up The Darkness for the 360. I have only played the first few levels and so far it is cool.

If you're considering buying a PS3 (or already have) don't worry, I'm not going to make fun of you... After the information I'm looking at hits you'll be in tears pretty soon anyways.

Turns out 3rd party games are have a HELL of a time making games for the PS3. To such an extent that there will be NO football games running at over 30 frames per second in the next year (Football games run at 60fps on the 360).

This is just one example, however as more and more games/companies jump ship.

In fact, this one is almost humerous:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160735

Nestle, YOUR KILLING ME!! I went and saw Transformers Tuesday night and even thought I've read multiple reviews from the game, I STILL WANT TO BUY IT. What the CRAP is the matter with me :D. I really hope they get a Demo out so when I get my 360 back I can give it a test run first.

By the way, what new Demo's have they released in the last 2 weeks? Just curious??

And, finally, thanks for the bit on the PS3. It always brightens my day to read negative press for Sony :). neo

Well I'm still willing to try the movie out. ... Just not the game. :P

As for new demos there are plenty. I mentioned Project Sylpheed while you were gone. It's a space fighter game by Square with a great deal of depth (play the tutorials!!!) that I might actually buy. A whole bunch of XBL games came out too along with a quirky Pikmin-ish game called Overlord where you command little Gremlins to do your bidding.

(For those of you who don't know Pikmin is a game about commanding armies of little plant people).

Nestle, YOUR KILLING ME!! I went and saw Transformers Tuesday night and even thought I've read multiple reviews from the game, I STILL WANT TO BUY IT. What the CRAP is the matter with me :D. I really hope they get a Demo out so when I get my 360 back I can give it a test run first.

There is a downloadable demo of the DS version if you go by a download kiosk. Obviously not the same as the 360 version but it might give you an idea of what to look at.

Has anyone played Spider-man 3? I borrowed it from my mate today on PS2, and I am really not impressed. The graphocs have been updated quite a bit from Spidey 2, but the combat and swinging is terrible in my opinion. I much prefer Spidey 2, there were so many more combos, you could shoot weblines at your enemies, up to 4 in fact, and on this you just get crappy web balls. What is the point? The black suit isn't all that great either.

I really don't like this game much.

Ok, first up, here's a quick not thanks to 360.advancedmn.com:

Last on the list is Battlestar Galactica. The TV inspired Xbox Live Arcade title looks to be a top-down space shooter. Players will be able to partake in multiplayer space battles with up to eight players online. The multiplayer modes available will include Firefight, Skirmish and Domination. A single-player campaign will also be available that includes missions straight from the TV series. Choose from either defending the Galactica, or play as the merciless Cylons with a penchant for human extermination. Battlestar Galactica will let players fly four Human and four Cylon ships from the Viper II to the Cylon raiders, all with unique weapon capabilities. No release date has been given for Battlestar Galactica, but, it will be available on Xbox Live Arcade later this year.

HECK YES! Don't get me wrong, I love my Virtual Console, those games are classic. BUT, I have to say that the Xbox Live Arcade is my Favorite Innovation of the Next-Gen. I think I play Worms more than anything. Plus you can download free trials of each game. Ah, I love it, and as much as I love Worms, Battlestar might just be my new favorite game. Seriously, I haven't seen it yet, but if it looks and plays as good as the show is, this may just become most anticipated game of 2007!!!!!

Also, just to follow up Dan's reaction to Spider-Man 3. I actually really liked the game. In fact, I liked it more than Spider-Man 2. Really, it is basically Spider-Man 2 with a nice waxy finish. Sure, their are some combat issues, but in reality Spider-Man 2 wasn't much better of a game. The true fun, IMO, with the Spider-Man movie games are the freedom of swinging and getting the feeling of Spider-Man. I liked the picture taking in Spider-Man 3, that was kinda fun, and there were some good things. In the end though, I beat the story and traded it in. In the long run, it just isn't a great game and, just like Spider-Man 2, will lose it's luster after a while. Without pledged support for updates, like Crackdown, the game is really just a fun few minutes of web swinging, but in the lush world of true Next Generation gaming, Spider-Man 3 will fade into the night. But hey, that's just my opinion :). neo