Video Game Discussion

neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch, I wouldn't want that to happen to my Xbox. My whole entertainment system is based around it, just like yours. Do you have a place to take it for repairs?

seriously google the xbox 360 hot towel trick

works till you decide on a along term fix

That's scary... Apparently gets it hot enough to melt the solder? god knows what it's doing to the rest of the components then :blink:

T.

BTW folks Since I put my 360 horizontal It's not hung once since then, so if you get random hanging then I recommend not having it standing up. I think a lot of the air thats sucked into the system gets drawn in through the base and standing it up blocks that and causes overheating?

T.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!

I turn on my 360 today and who do I find? Ady... Playing Viva Pinata! What's more he's level 22 after only owning it 1 day!

Beware, NO ONE is beyond this game's corruptive addictiveness.

Viva Pinata for everyone!! :D

Is Pacman part of the Live arcade stuff? My wife mentioned something about they have updated the mazes for the first time in 27 years, does this ring a bell with anyone? Since I know my wife would love to have one of those big arcade consoles(Stand up) that we grew up with. Although she just corrected me and said that she wants Tempest, as Pacman's for sissies :P

Is Pacman part of the Live arcade stuff? My wife mentioned something about they have updated the mazes for the first time in 27 years, does this ring a bell with anyone? Since I know my wife would love to have one of those big arcade consoles(Stand up) that we grew up with. Although she just corrected me and said that she wants Tempest, as Pacman's for sissies :P

Yeah Pacman Championship edition is in the arcade

Wow, I feel SO LONELY without this Thread being in the top 5 :). It is true, my Xbox 360 died. MS is going to repair my system for free, they totally rock. I should be getting the self addressed return box over the weekend and then I just have 2 weeks to wait.........2 EXTREMELY long weeks.

Why am I sad, right? I still have my Wii. Wii, ha. Someone, I vote Nestle, needs to take me out back and give me a good beating. After all this time of my arguing how great the Wii is, I'm 360less and very sad. Yesterday I pulled out Zelda and started playing through it again. It should last me the next two weeks until my 360 comes back, but it almost pains me to play it. As great as the Wii is at Party-type games, and it is, the Wii is not a hardcore gamers friend. I went to go find something, anything to buy and play. I couldn't find anything that looking interesting or decent enough to spend my money on.

So now, I will sit back and play Zelda for the next 2 weeks while I watch Fantastic Four, The Bigs, and Transformers come into the Xbox library.......and there is nothing I can do about it. In the end though, it's all good news, I'll get a newly repair unit and have it in plenty of time to prepare for the Final Fight! Someone play some Worms Online for me :(. neo

Well I'm not gonna beat you Neo. I think, you and I pretty much are in the same place and agree on most things vid3eo games. It only took us a year. :P

As for Zelda, I beat it and loved it. There's plenty to play there for the next two weeks. Let me know as you get farther into it. :D

Neo,

I know what it's like to go through the boring process of getting a 360 repaired.After a week after playin' mine my 360 broke.The only diiference is that it broke back in november and i got it repaired id april...........Just hold on for two more weeks......................

i feel your sadness................. :(

Just because my Xbox died and I'm going through HD Withdrawls doesn't mean we have to stop talking :). Here is a few interesting tidbits that just came on the web. They are achievement lists for 2 of my most anticipated games.

Transformers:

1. Pride of Bumblebee You've scouted the world thoroughly. All the secret icons have been collected.60 points

2. Pride of Megatron 200 Autobot Drones have fallen before you.20 points

3. Pride of Optimus Prime 200 Decepticon Drones have met their match.20 points

4. Transform and Roll Out You've transformed for the first time.10 points

5. Robots in Disguise You've transformed 500 times.25 points

6. Keeper of the AllSpark You have achieved 100% completion.75 points

7. Sideways Motion You can handle turns with ease. Achieved full Slide Skill.15 points

8. Wrong Way! You're living dangerously. Ram 250 Cars.15 points

9. Shot Putter You've sent objects flying. Achieved full Throw Skill.15 points

10. Speed Demon You've really burned rubber. Achieved full Speed Skill.15 points

11. What Challenge? Complete your first Challenge sub-mission.10 points

12. Pride of Ironhide You are the epitome of an Autobot. Achieved full Heroic Skill.15 points

13. Pride of Brawl Your destruction comes naturally as a Decepticon. Achieved full Destruction Skill.15 points

14. Mad Skillz You are skilled beyond belief. Achieved all Skill items on all levels.40 points

15. We Don't Need Roads Who needs roads when you can fly through the air? Achieved full Jump Skill.15 points

16. Root of all Evil You take pride in destroying your enemies. Achieved full Evil Skill.15 points

17. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.25 points

18. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.20 points

19. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.25 points

20. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.20 points

21. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.25 points

22. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.20 points

23. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.25 points

24. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.20 points

25. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.50 points

26. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.25 points

27. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.20 points

28. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.25 points

29. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.20 points

30. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.25 points

31. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.20 points

32. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.25 points

33. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.20 points

34. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.50 points

35. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.50 points

36. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.10 points

37. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.10 points

38. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.40 points

39. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.30 points

40. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.30 points

41. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.10 points

42. Secret Achievement Secret achievement.10 points

Halo 3:

1. Landfall Finish the first mission of the Campaign.20 points

2. Holdout Finish the second mission of the Campaign.20 points

3. The Road Finish the third mission of the Campaign.20 points

4. Assault Finish the fourth mission of the Campaign.30 points

5. Cleansing Finish the fifth mission of the Campaign.30 points

6. Refuge Finish the sixth mission of the Campaign.30 points

7. Last Stand Finish the seventh mission of the Campaign.40 points

8. The Key Finish the eighth mission of the Campaign.40 points

9. Return Finish the final mission of the Campaign.50 points

10. Campaign Complete: Normal Finish the Campaign on Normal.125 points

11. Campaign Complete: Heroic Finish the Campaign on Heroic.125 points

12. Campaign Complete: Legendary Finish the Campaign on Legendary.125 points

13. Iron Finish the Campaign, then find and claim this skull.10 points

14. Black Eye Finish the Campaign, then find and claim this skull.10 points

15. Tough Luck Finish the Campaign, then find and claim this skull.10 points

16. Catch Finish the Campaign, then find and claim this skull.10 points

17. Fog Finish the Campaign, then find and claim this skull.10 points

18. Famine Finish the Campaign, then find and claim this skull.10 points

19. Thunderstorm Finish the Campaign, then find and claim this skull.10 points

20. Tilt Finish the Campaign, then find and claim this skull.10 points

21. Mythic Finish the Campaign, then find and claim this skull.10 points

22. Spartan Program Recruit Win your first game in matchmaking (Online).10 points

23. UNSC Spartan Earn your Sergeant rating to be recognized as a true Spartan (Online).15 points

24. Spartan Officer Advance to the Spartan Officer ranks (Online).25 points

25. Two for One Score a Double Kill with a single spartan laser shot in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).5 points

26. Too Close to the Sun Destroy an enemy banshee with the spartan laser or missile pod in a ranked playlist or in campaign.5 points

27. Triple Kill Kill 3 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).5 points

28. Overkill Kill 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).5 points

29. Lee R Wilson Memorial Score 5 grenade sticks in any ranked free for all playlist (Online).5 points

30. We’re in for some Chop Destroy an enemy vehicle with equipment in a ranked playlist or in campaign.5 points

31. Killing Frenzy Kill 10 enemies without dying in any ranked free for all playlist (Online).5 points

32. Steppin' Razor Score a Triple Kill with the sword in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).5 points

33. Mongoose Mowdown Splatter an enemy with the mongoose in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).5 points

34. Up Close and Personal Kill 5 enemies by melee or assassination in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).5 points

35. Fear the Pink Mist Kill 5 enemies with the needler in a ranked free for all playlist or in campaign.5 points

36. Headshot Honcho Kill 10 enemies with headshots in a ranked free for all playlist or in campaign.5 points

37. Used Car Salesman Destroy a vehicle that has three enemies in it in a ranked playlist or in campaign.5 points

38. Marathon Man Locate and access all Terminals in the Campaign.40 points

39. MVP Earn the MVP in any ranked playlist (Online).5 points

40. Maybe Next Time Buddy Board the same vehicle within 10 seconds after being boarded in any free for all playlist (Online).5 points

41. Demon Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the second mission.10 points

42. Guerilla Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the first mission.10 points

43. Cavalier Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the third mission.10 points

44. Askar Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the fourth mission.10 points

45. Exterminator Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the fifth mission.10 points

46. Ranger Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the sixth mission.10 points

47. Vanguard Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the seventh mission.10 points

48. Orpheus Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on eighth mission.10 points

49. Reclaimer Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the final mission.10 points

Well, there you have it, 2 really awesome games coming out soon. Anyone care to discuss? I'll mention that I'm excited and suprised to see that many "Secret" Achievements for Transformers. Hopefully we'll get some nice goodies. neo

I'm kinda surprised the Halo achievements list popped up here.

I saw it the other day on another website.

I think my only disappointment with the Halo achievements are their focus on Campaign. I mean I understand it encourages people to play the campaign and it gives offline people something to do. Also I see that there are lots of multiplayer achievements, it's just disappointing that they're only worth like 200pts.

I say this because it reminds me of GRAW. My friend had completed single player and I had not. He had twice as many achievement point as I did but I had played probably 4x more. And you hear stuff like "he doesn't have many achieve. points" or "he's really good, look at his score!"

In these multiplayer games I'm not sure single player is a good indicator of skill that's all.

As for transformers, I probably won't buy it but that won't stop me from renting! :D

What, Transformers is a MUST-BUY for me, I cannot wait to get a hold of this game. The hard part is waiting a week before I can play it!!!

Since this is the thread I am most found on, I thought I'd make my announcement here. I am taking the family back home to Florida for the Week. We are having a little vacation. We are leaving tonight and will be gone until next weekend. We are flying with little miss Kira (my new daughter who is only 11 months). It will be her first flight.....and maybe her last, lol. Anyway, you guys won't be seeing me around for a while but don't get too down without, I will be back! Have a great week and maybe when I get back I'll my Xbox back :D. neo

HEY NEO....................

I hope you have fun in my state :biggrin:

if you have any spare time i would suggust going to disney....your younger children might enjoy that

my xbox live might be fixed by the end of the weekend :D i hope to see you all on live.........

Yeah, have fun Neo.

I'll try and keep this thread alive in your absence. Ready?

Okay here goes:

... So... How's-- Stuff?... Anyone?

I'll keep you company... as for me and video games... Been trying to find time to work through the single player of Rainbow 6 Vegas but having to do it in babysized bites cos lifes such a mess at the mo.

Not really playig much stuff online cos It's been forever since I played anything online and can't face being taunted by a bunch of 12 yrs!

Also looking at getting a newer bigger High Def TV... but that'll likely wait til after SDCC as I'm not getting much time in and it seems silly to buy a new TV and then not have time to play on it :|

T.

im waiting for bomberman live.. and i picked up splinter cell double agent today for 10$.. and tim if you want some friendly older competetion online hit me up while playing gears one night and ill get ya into one of our 20 somethings games we are constantly playing

I'm actually in the same boat as you Tim, but for different reasons. I played the Halo Beta in May, but since I haven't been playing much at all. It's not cause of the little annoying kids, but rather not much desire to play. This will all change in 3 months I'm sure with Halo, and maybe before that, but who knows. ;)

I'm trying Neo! Really I am!

So I downloaded a demo the other night that I was sure I wouldn't. It's called Project Sylpheed. To my surprise, it's friggin sweet!

Definetly worth downloading for free to try.

I haven't gotten into this type of game since Rogue Squadron!

My only gripe is that it's single player. :confused:

Well guys, if you didn't already know, I'M BACK......I made a new thread about it, go read it then come back......

.....finished? Hope you enjoyed the pics :).

Anyway, I didn't do much gaming while gone on vacation and I am still waiting for my 360 back from Microsoft (Lord Willing it will be this week!!!!). However, I DID pick up Transformers: Autobots for Nintendo DS to play on the go. Let me say that, while I was skeptical about a movie tie it on the DS, most are god awful, I have to say that Transformers is really fun. It's got it problems, but overall I'm incredibly impressed. I've been playing off and on since last Wednesday (I'd say roughly 10 hours total) and I'm only at 50%. The game starts you off an a rookie Autobot that you get to name. You then so around the Open 3D world and scan different cars that you can become. You can be a hot rod or a pickup or a helicopter or a ice cream truck. You can customize the colors as well. While the majority of the game is played as your rookie robot you do get missions as the Autobots thrown in for fun. I've played as Bumblebee (several times) and Ironhide and Jazz and Optiums. The collision is hit or miss at times and the driving is very simple and there are occasional glitches, but I'd say this is the best Movie Tie-In I've ever played on the DS and one of the best DS Action/Adventure games that I've owned. If you have any questions about the game please ask, I'd be happy to answer.

Also, on the subject of games, I'm thinking of getting Transformers: The Game and The Bigs for my 360 as soon as I get it back. I know that Transformers received horrid reviews and The Bigs is getting pretty average scores. Did anyone get this game or has anyone played them? What do you think, can someone give me some insight?

And finally, a big shout out to Nestle and TBT for trying to keep the board alive in my absence :D. I'm just glad to be back. A whole week without internet can really get to a guy! neo