UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Concerning Spider-Man 3, I don't think that it's an "exact port" in the scheme of things, but it's as close as you could get. The same team that is making the PS2 and Xbox version are working on the Wii version. The graphics and gameplay are pretty much the same. The only real difference is the motion controls. To sweet you press "B" on the Remote and motion the controller like you were fishing (in a downward chop). Then, press the "Z" button on the nunchuck and make the same motion for the other hand. That is how the swinging is handled. While is sounds fun, I really can't imagine fighting the new Goblin, Mid-Flight, having to keep Swinging while trying to battle, it just seems sort of complicated......but maybe they'll pull it off. The rest is much like Zelda, where you walk with the Stick and swing the remote to attack. Basic "Port" Motion controls. But, as disappointed as I am, I still hold out hope that we'll get a solid, fun game. I still think that a FPS (First Person Spidey) game would be awesome and totally take advantage of the Wii motions........there is always next year :). neo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I didn't scan through the entire thread, sue me :P But has anyone played Lost Planet and does anyone know what the difference is between the regular 360 and the collectors edition 360 game? I was all set to pick this up today, but couldn't see putting out the extra $20.00 of the CE :rolleyes: Also, has anyone played the new Ghost Recon or Fear game for 360? While I do love the Ghost Recon, I was a little bummed the new one is still set up south of the border <_< I think it would be nice if it was set up in another country with civil war problems. Another game I would love to see have a sequel is the Perfect Dark. I have to say out of all the games Ady recommended when I first got my console, that one is fun still :D Of course, it would be nice if you could change the gender of the hero, but then I guess it wouldn't be all about Joanna then.

Donny, here's what I've got for ya:

-Lost Planet is a VERY "arcady" game. If that's your thing go ahead and scoop it up. It was the best selling videogame for January, so if that gives you any idea of how popular it is... It's not my thing tho. :confused:

I really don't know the difference between the 2 copies though, sorry.

-Oh, do you mean Ghost Recon 1.5? Just kidding. GRAW 2 is prettier, and adds new gadgets... But for me that's just not enough. Side by side comparison with GRAW1 it blows out of the water, but for me to drop $70 or whatever it better revolutionize the game. <_<

-FEAR is really cool. It's different from the other shooters out there. Rent it first and it could lead to a purchase. :thumbsup:

-RARE hasn't announced and PD sequels so don't hold your breath... But Halo 3 is coming and since PDZ was essentially a watered down Halo you've got all your dreams packaged right there. :biggrin:

Yeah I was excited for the first GRAW but like Nestle said it is like a GRAW 1.5. I liked the demo of Lost Planet but didn't purchase it either. If you guys haven't tried Dead Rising then I would recommend that. Right now that is probably in my top 3 360 games. Dead Rising, Oblivion, and Gears of War.

I've been working at a video game store for almost a year now. I haven't tried alot of new games. Stuff just doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. I still have two games for my DS that I haven't even opened yet.

Yeah, I still need to pick up Oblivion for my wife. That was a early recommendation of Ady's and we've heard some good things about it since on G4. I think I'll wait for the price to go down on Lost Planet or Ghost Recon(1.5). Halo 3 is definately on my list. I have Gears of War, just haven't cracked the case open yet. For some reason I've been replaying some of the other games, the nice thing is I keep finding new things. Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

Hey, that's what this round table thread is all about. :thumbsup:

So, what does everyone think of the Zephyr?

Good choice for Microsoft?

Personally I think it's a really nice machine, but it risks alienating the faithful 360 owners of the last year. I mean when I bought mine at launch I thought "I'll get the high end one so it can last me the whole generation without upgrading." Then, low and behold my model is outdated.

Why couldn't HDMI be on the original machine?

I'm at a point where I'm trying to convince friends to make the Zephyr their first 360 purchase so I can buy the hard drive off of them.

Over all though, I think it's a good idea.

But what about the Wii's success? Shouldn't Microsoft be trying to cater to the "cheap" gamers. Y'know changing the "Core" version?

Sorry Vash, I still need to pick up the wireless router or plug in the internet connection :confused:

:lol: No Nestle, sadly I haven't. Right now I'm in a dilemna. My computer is downstairs and so is my 360, but on opposite walls and we haven't decided if where the tv is, is the final resting place. So I don't want to put a hole in the wall for no good reason, which is why I've been toying around with the wireless router. As I don't feel I'm using the 360 to it's full potential at the moment :confused: Oh and Vash, before I get into the arena, I want to make sure I last more than 5 minutes.

Well I just got Guitar Hero II. I promised I wasn't going to get it but due to peer pressure from my friends I did. I recommend it but eveyone just says why not play a real guitar? Well I don't get microsoft achievement points playing a real guitar! :)

Wow, I take a weekend off and everyone starts talking. I'm sure now that I'm back this thread won't move again :).

To Don: There is no difference in the Lost Planet versions as far as the game is concerned. The CE comes with behind the scenes type of crap. I would only recommend CE of games for die hard fans of that series, in this case I would save $20 and stay away.

While I agree Rare needs to make another Perfect Dark game, it's not for the same reasons. I actually picked up PDZ at launch and did not care for it. I'd like to see Rare take the game and return it to it's once former glory.

Lastly Don, you NEED to get online. Even without a Gold Membership, it's a must have, it's part of what makes the 360 awesome. The ability to browse and download free Demos and Trailers, plus the Xbox Live Arcade games, the ability to Download movies and TV shows in HD, and best of all the ability to stream your home music and movies through your PC. It's honestly why I still have my 360.

To HotStuff, I've played the Dead Rising demo. While I will admit that I loved the game I refused to buy it. It's just a person preference, but I don't like blood and guts kinds of games. That is also while I do not own Gears of War. But for those that like gore type stuff, Dead Rising is pretty fun.

To Nestle, you're talking about the "Xbox Elite" Edition? I have mixed feelings. Let me start by saying that I have no interest in it and will not buy it. HDMI, while nice, really doesn't make that much of a difference.......it really doesn't people. We always want to reach for the next best thing, but honestly I have several items (DVD Player, HD Reciever, etc) that I've compared using both Component and HDMI and while there is a slight difference, the untrained eye will never be able to tell, you can take that to the bank. In fact, the only thing that I am remotely interested in is the new HDD. However, the price is outrageous. In fact, I got a email from Microsoft yesterday that went like this:

"Dear neolego,

Please remove your pants and bend over the table and I will try to make this as painful as possible

Thanks,

Bill "The Antichrist" Gates"

Seriously though, I really want the 120gb HDD will probably cave and buy it because of my growing library of videos, etc. If you want to know my honest opinion, MS should make the 360 available for USB HDD, though that will never happen because they enjoy making us pay for their 3rd vacation house in the Caribbean.

To Everyone, They just announced the Spring Dashboard Update. Something like 1,600 changes will actually take place. The most noticable thing will be an on Dashboard Instant Messager that will utilize the new Keyboard attachment for the controller. There is also a new Blade that is being added as well as a number of other cosmetic updates plus extended support for Video playback. You can read in all in detail RIGHT HERE! And for those too lazy to click over, here's a shot of the new keyboard:

360keyboardru9.jpg

On the subject of games, I would recommend Ghost Recon 1 over 2 right now. Like Nestle said, there isn't enough of an improvement to warrant another $70. Play the crap out of 1 and in 6 months or so 2 will be $30, then buy it :D. Now, anyone that hasn't played Marvel Ultimate Alliance yet, you need to play/own that game, especially if you are a comic fan. I beat it twice when I first bought it and then I got away from it because of the Wii. However, with the new Heroes and Villians pack coming out tomorrow I wanted to brush up on my skills so I played it all dang weekend and remember why I loved it so much in the first place.

On last thing before I go, on the Wii front. Super Paper Mario is out today! (although most people won't have it until tomorrow). I don't know if anyone else is looking forward to the game, but I love the Paper Mario series and can't wait to get my hands on this game. All the reviews have been great and it is the 1st High Quality Action/Adventure/RPG released since Zelda. It's a much needed shot of life for Nintendo's little while box.

That's just about all I have to say about that. Just got some things off my chest. So, I guess I'll continue this conversation next weekend, since that's when everyone seems to want to talk ;). neo

Wow. Ever consider being a novelist Neo? :tongue:

My brother is as excited as you are about Paper Mario and I'm sure he's going to run out and grab iyt any minute.

That keyboard stuff is really intersting. Not only will it continue to bring 360 & PC together it should also breathe new life into MMOs on the 360. Good job Microsoft. :thumbsup:

Oh, and Don. Neo's right. If it was JUST about playing great games you might as well buy a PS2 (as they have the largest variety). The reason you have a 360 is online play. (You just don't realize it yet).

Seriously though, it is the best thing the machine has going and the only area where no other console can touch it. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback Neo, much appreciated :thumbsup: I've got a couple more questions for everyone. Has anyone played the Splinter Cell(XB360) or Star Trek games? These got reduced in price(I wish Oblivion would too :P) and I'm thinking of grabbing them. As I've said before, my wife likes to play games were there's clues and strategies and I like blowing, shooting crap up :D So I was curious what everyone's thoughts were. I also agree that I need to get my shit together and get online. But until we get the new tv and the computer lined up with each other, I'm not too worried about it. Right now I have quite a list of spring/summer things that need to be done in and out of my house. So when I have the time to get online or play a game, I'm a little thankful.

OK, onto my next and last question. This should a easy one for those who have played the game Perfect Dark. Just like Ghost Recon, I've beaten it in the novice phase and moved on to the next level. Unfortunately I've hit a road block, I think it's Mission 10? It's the one after the jungle mission, where your in the temple, that I do know. Anyway, I've made it far enough in the game that when I reach the point where I use the camspy(I've blown up the controls and delayed the lift). My problem is the wooden bridge is in a down position and I can't cross it to activate the camspy :confused: Is there something I've missed or a way to bring the bridge up? I went back and played the easier point, but wasn't able to duplicate that same problem. Does anyone have any ideas or that can direct to a place where I can get the answer without buying into something :lol:

No clue about PDZ, sorry Donny.

As for Splinter Cell:

It's got aweseom multiplayer! But soingle player focuses on stealth over explosions. If big and loud is your thing, this is NOT your game. Wait until you get onto XBL before you pick it up. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback Nestle'. Do me a favor though, don't call me Donny :thumbsup: You can call me Don, Dondi or Donster. But Donny is right up there with Donald and isn't my name or nickname :confused: Hopefully you understand, since it's right up there with calling Ady, Andy and we know how much he loves that :lol:

Just a few quick things. First, the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Hero/Villain pack was finally released yesterday. It included the 8 new characters (Hulk, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Venom, Doom, Magneto, and Sabertooth) and some new mission discs for each. I haven't been able to play much but what I've played is cool. Hulk and Vemon were two of my first and they are both really cool. Cyclops is also much better than the X-Men games. Overall, very promising, here's hoping this isn't the last DLC that we see.

Also, a new PokeMon Generation has arrived and this time it's ONLINE! Of course, you have to use the lame friend code, but online is online and it's awesome. Please post your Friend Codes as you play through the game (they become available when you reach Oreburgh City).

neolego's Friend Code: 4381 8487 6070

See ya online! neo

AHHHHHH!!!!!!! so after two months of 360 bliss this past week my machine started to freeze up.. doing my research everything pointed me towards just the fact that my machine was overheating.. (makes no sense because it sits on top of my tv stand with nothing near it) but anyways.. popped in GoW this afternoon to play.. and the magical red light ring of DOOOOOOOM!!! appears.. microsoft says i will have a shipping box tomorrow and should get my 360 back within a two week period starting from the time i called them today... so

xbox you will be missed... /cry

Ok folks, I've decided that I'm gonna treat myself and splash out on a 360 in the next couple of weeks.

The question I have is a simple one, elite or premium? - odds are I'll be taking the box online but not using it as a media center as I have a pretty good solution for that already.

Btw does anyone know of a decent but fairly cheap way of connecting the 360 to WIFI, all my comp kit sits at the office end of my place and well I dont want to have cables everywhere. Also does a WIFI connection work well enough for online gaming etc?

Thoughts?

T.

Well, let me take a shot at it TBT!

First, you are asking about what box to buy. Since you don't have one I would have to recommend the Elite above and beyond and for 2 reasons. 1 the extra HDD space and 2 the HDMI. I have the Premium 360 and love it, in fact I would prefer the white over the black anyday. HOWEVER, as a big HD junkie I was pretty ticked to hear about the added HDMI feature. Plus, for about the same price you are getting 6 times the memory. For the money the Elite is the way to go.

As for the WiFi, I would say you have to go wireless. The 360 is all about Next-Gen and Next-Gen is WIRELESS!! I have the certified MS Wireless Network Adaptor that was released with the system. It clips into place on the back of the 360. It looks nice and performs GREAT. I download at a pretty decent speed and have never had a huge lag problem online. I can't speak for any other adaptor, but I would recommend the MS Wireless Adaptor to anyone.......it is $100 though.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions let me know, I'll see what I can do ;). neo

my 2 cents.

xbox 360 elite -$479 - black, hdmi port, 120gig hdd

xbox 360 premium - $399 - white, 20gig hdd

both include hidef video cables and one month free of xbox live.

It really depends on if you have the extra cash for the elite.. if you do buy it. If not the only difference in the actual 360 itself is the HDMI port on the elite system. the hard drive is removable on both so if you get the premium and decide later you want the larger hard drive you can pick one up for about $180ish. I also recomend the spending the money on the extended warranty offered by microsoft in the box when you purchase your 360. see ya online when i get mine back.. :(

Seems to me that the HDMI port and the extra 100gb are worth the extra $80, If I'm spending that amount of cash I might as well do it properly :)

I'll feel me being drawn to the Elite..

T.