UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Not that anyone cares, but I felt the need to tell everyone that I've just completed the Sweatin' difficulty on Elite Beat Agents. Damn, talk about a hard final level. It was one of the most difficult (if not THE most difficult) ending sequences of a video game that I've ever experienced. I can't recommend this game enough. If you have a DS, you NEED EBA.

Yes, I'm proud of myself. Yes, I realize that makes me a much bigger geek than your average toy collector. No, I don't care. :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats MiniV :thumbsup:.

Anyways, Wii Seeker said my local Best Buy is getting Wii's on the 15th, so I made a Promise "If I don't get it then, I'll just get a 360 and get a Wii when the Demand goes down ;)" then, I'll be able to play the BK games :biggrin:, I might try out that Wireless Racing Wheel if I buy Burnout Revenge. And I already Pre-Ordered Halo 3 with the Helmet and stuff so, I'll be having fun with a Wii60 (A Wii and a 360) :lol: . Also I got that King Bobble Head yesterday :lol: he's on top of my computer right now as I'm typing this.

...:::Halo11701:::...

Anybody playing Rainbow Six Vegas? I picked it up over the weekend when Best Buy had it on sale for $40 and it's pretty cool. I've only been able to play it for an hour or less at a time- I'm not even in Vegas yet. Mexico is lovely this time of year...

If you do have it, how's the online? I haven't tried it yet because I'm still trying to get the hang of it and don't want to be cannon fodder for some little punk...

I also saw that the price of Fight Night Round 3 has dropped to $30. That will be my next purchase for my shiny new 360...

Ok, cheers man.

My profile name is Allsey82. Been playing Pro Evolution recently, but often multi-player up Ghost Recon and Gears of War. Hopefully getting Lost Planet this weekend.

Well, I'm not really into those games. But, If I get a 360 I'll be Playing Halo 2 or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Video games are my life :lol: just kidding, ...:::Halo11701:::...

Why bother buying an XBOX 360? Splinter Cell: Double Agent - next generation and a really good game. A Halo 3 demo will also be available this quarter its rumoured.

Why bother play the Demo when I pre-ordered the Legendary ($100) Version? Also, I play SC:CT because I like the Co-Op.

Plus I can't buy SC:DA :whistling:, ...:::Halo11701:::...

Hey Guys, it's been a while. Just wanted to give you guys some updates on Christmas stuff. I got Elebits, Super Monkey Ball, and Dragonball Z for the Wii and I got Yoshi's Island DS and Elite Beat Agents for the DS, for Christmas.

So far I've spent most of my time with Elite Beat Agents. That game rocks so hard. Yoshi's Island is everything you would expect, just another example of how, given Nintendo's guidence and charm, even a 2D platform game in a 3D world can be great. It's just as good as the first, but with some new twists (thanks to the new babies).

On the Wii side, I've played a lot of Elebits. I have to say that Elebits is probably my new favorite Wii game, next to Zelda of course (which I still havent' beaten). Elebits isn't great by "Next-Gen" standards, but what it lets you do with the remote using physics is amazing and a lot of fun. As much fun as the single player is though, Multi-player rules.

Monkey Ball is more of the same. The single player is really good, but the minimates take a hit. Some a good, but most are odd and a little off. They keep the old faves fun to play, boxing, bowling, golf, target. Plus the new games like darts, disc golf, and the astroid games are pretty fun. In the end though, Monkey Wars steals the show. It actually plays better than any of the other FPS games released. Very fun 4-player.

DBZ is a little more mixed. it has a very steep learning curve. To be honest, I haven't started the story mode yet because I'm still not comfortable enough with the controls. That being said though, I am getting there. It's very cool to be able to pull off special moves with the Wii Remote and it's slowly starting to become 2nd hat. For any DBZ fan I would say this is a MUST HAVE. It is also the only fighter right now on the Wii so it's defintely worth it.....at least until Smash Bros comes out!

Well, I'm back full time now, so I guess I'll see you guys around. Also, for anyone wondering, I did NOT get any 360 games for Christmas because I didn't want any and didn't ask for any. It's all Wii for me :). neo

P.S. Just in case anyone is unaware, my Gators are UNDISPUTED National Champs :D

Ummm... Because your "Legendary" version is 11 months away?

Maybe :pinch:. Anyways I'm really starting to question if I should get the Wii now. I mean, Nsider's are starting to say the Wii doesn't have good games now, but, the 360's games are $10.00 more than other systems. My question to you all is, Should I get the Wii now or get a 360 now and get a Wii when the Demand goes down?

That's a hard question to answer for someone else. I have both systems and love them both for completely different reasons. While my Xbox is the Father of my living room streaming music and movies from my PC as well as downloading all kinds of cool content from XBL, I spend all of my game time on the Wii. It will really just come down to what kind of player are you. I have Ghost Recon, Oblivion, Madden 07, Marvel: UA, and LEGO: Star Wars on the 360, however I have not put a game into my 360 since November 19th........and don't plan too for some time. While on the Wii, some games are throw away (as with all launches), but Zelda is simply the best game ever made. Throw in Madden, Call of Duty, Wii Sports, Elebits, Excite Truck, Dragonball (for fighter fans), and next week's Warrioware and you have plenty of quality stuff to play. So again, it's completely up to what kind of player that you are. I would, for sure, recommend you get both systems eventually, but it's up to you where to start. Of course, if you are asking for my opinion, I would say Wii without hesitation. neo

That's a hard question to answer for someone else. I have both systems and love them both for completely different reasons. While my Xbox is the Father of my living room streaming music and movies from my PC as well as downloading all kinds of cool content from XBL, I spend all of my game time on the Wii. It will really just come down to what kind of player are you. I have Ghost Recon, Oblivion, Madden 07, Marvel: UA, and LEGO: Star Wars on the 360, however I have not put a game into my 360 since November 19th........and don't plan too for some time. While on the Wii, some games are throw away (as with all launches), but Zelda is simply the best game ever made. Throw in Madden, Call of Duty, Wii Sports, Elebits, Excite Truck, Dragonball (for fighter fans), and next week's Warrioware and you have plenty of quality stuff to play. So again, it's completely up to what kind of player that you are. I would, for sure, recommend you get both systems eventually, but it's up to you where to start. Of course, if you are asking for my opinion, I would say Wii without hesitation. neo

Yeah, I decided to get a Wii, since around March there coming out with an updated version of the 360. I can't wait to get the Wii!

Ahhh, my favorite fanboy... How's she goin' Neo? :thumbsup:

Personally, I'm on the same boat as Neo. Wii & 360 all the way. I think however I sit a little more on the other side. I love Zelda (not the greatest game EVER made though... That still belongs to Halo 2) and other games are fun, but I've still been playing both my systems evenly (perhaps a little more 360 even).

Halo, as for the "upgraded 360," I thin you may have stumbled onto what we like to call a "rumour." Though, it's likely true that we will see a new 360 I doubt it will be as early as march. Here's the OFFICIAL word:

"Murmurings of an upgraded Xbox 360 have circled for some time, and when the pictures leaked, an announcement seemed likely. GameSpot sat down with Microsoft's Chris Satchell, general manager at the company's game developer group, and he acknowledged the leaks were real, though remained mum on whether we'd be able to buy it.

"We're always working on prototypes and new technologies and just playing with stuff in Redmond to see what's interesting. ... At the moment, everything you might have seen is just looking at our experimentation back in Redmond, not really a product that we're thinking about announcing," he said.

That'd too bad -- but our money says an upgraded machine's still coming this year."

Care of 1up.com

Yeah, I decided to get a Wii, since around March there coming out with an updated version of the 360. I can't wait to get the Wii!

Actually, forget what I said here^. It turns out I'm getting a 360 this week. But hey, that's still great! I can finally play all three of the BK Games I bought, and I have a good TV for the 360. I gave up on the Wii, For now ;) I'll just get it when I could walk in, grab it, purchase it and leave. It's going to be good with a Wii60 :thumbsup:.

Dude, don't hold your breath. It's going to be a while before you can find one.

The thing I love the most though is yesterday I went to 2 Target stores looking for "Pita Snackers" and while I was there I browsed the Game section. Both Targets had at least 5 PS3 units in stock and no Wiis. In the second store I was in I asked the guy behind the counter about the PS3 and sales. He said they've had those PS3 since last Friday and they have not sold one. Ah, I love it :). neo

Wow.

I thought there were more suckers out there.

Guess not. Good to hear though. We all know how I feel about the PS3... :verymad:

Yeah, the PS3 ain't selling so well :tongue:. Anyways, Click Here Would you say this TV's good for the 360?

Thanks in advance, ...:::Halo11701:::...

Well that's the cheapest I've seen a HD TV, so thumbs up for that!

The only sketchy thing about it is that it can only manage 480p.

But at that price, you can't really go wrong.

After all, you could buy 8 of those for the price I bought mine for.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a day. But that's because I got the 360!!! Yeah heres my story: We go out, go to Circuit City, get the 360 with a Free game (I got Need for Speed: Most wanted, I plan on selling it), go to Toys 'R' Us to use our gift cards on a Controller but we couldn't find one so we go to GameStop and purchase a used Wired controller. And that's my story :), if you want to be my Friend on Xbox Live gold my Gamertags right below ;).

EDIT: BTW Ady, I accepted your Friend Request. :starwars:

I know you all probably think that I'm just a big sunshine pumper, but I can't help it. Here I am, drinking the white kool-aide again. After a week of playing Warioware on the Wii, I have a new favorite game. The great thing about Warioware is that it's so fun for everyone. My wife loves it even more than me I think :). Then, Monday night I downloaded The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, which is regarded as one of (if not the) greatest Zelda adventure ever. Then, yesterday then announced that Mario Kart 64 will be released NEXT WEEK! Seriously, I can't see how the Wii will not rule the known world........but again, maybe that's just the fanboy in me :P.

Now, so that I'm not completely biased, I did also hear this week that they are bringing "Worms" to Xbox Live Arcade. Worms, for those who don't know, is a turn based tactical game where you play as a team of worms. Worms Armegeddon for the Dreamcast was the first Worms game that I played and I couldn't stop. Last gen they made the move to 3D, but nothing beats the old 2D game. Of everything coming out this year on the Xbox360, Worms is definitely in my top 5.