Video Game Discussion

neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a PS3 I haven't opened, can't find a Wii, and am afraid to buy a 360 due to possible malfunction.

Decisions, decisions...

Gotta do something before the end of the year. Micro Center has $200 in rebates on the 360. Without that discount, it's officially out of the race!

If the break downs are seriously the reason your worried, don't be. Now that launch was a year ago, breakdowns rearely (if ever) happen and it comes with a warranty. (Plus I bought an extended one for 2 years for $50).

Plus, any decent PS3 game is available on the 360... :rolleyes:

I know it would be a lot harder decision for me if I HAD a PS3 in my possession, and couldn't get ahold of a Wii. But, since I'm not in that predicament I say anything OTHER than the PS3.

After all the questions and hesitancy, I took the plunge. I am now the owner of a brand new Xbox 360!

My first game was Oblivion. Bad choice- I was dozing off during a marathon run through the land...

I wised up and picked up Project Gotham Racing 3 and haven't looked back since. I got a raincheck for Gears of War- Target has it on sale for $39 this week, so it was sold out...

(My copy of PGR3 had a copy of Forza Motorsport for Xbox packed in with it. If there are any Xboxers that are interested in that, drop me a PM)

I got my wife a Nintendo DS Lite for Christmas because she really wanted something that could play Mario and Brain Age. She has fallen in love with the DS, and I'm getting a kick out of playing it too.

My question for anyone else who has the DS Lite - what other games do we need? We have Super Mario World, Brain Age and Sonic. Not looking for a specific genre of game - just want to know what games other people enjoy and recommend. Thanks!

After all the questions and hesitancy, I took the plunge. I am now the owner of a brand new Xbox 360!

I finally got mine 3 days ago, and IMO, one of, if not THE, best systems I've ever played on!

I got my wife a Nintendo DS Lite for Christmas because she really wanted something that could play Mario and Brain Age. She has fallen in love with the DS, and I'm getting a kick out of playing it too.

My question for anyone else who has the DS Lite - what other games do we need? We have Super Mario World, Brain Age and Sonic. Not looking for a specific genre of game - just want to know what games other people enjoy and recommend. Thanks!

Elite Beat Agents is a blast! Just played it today, and it's a ton of fun.

Definitely Elite Beat Agents. It's currently my favorite game. Other notables (besides those you mentioned) include:

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis

Yoshi's Island DS

Clubhouse Games (a crapload of card and board games on your DS)

MarioKart DS

Tetris

WarioWare Touched

Also, you weren't specific on which Mario game you have. If it's not New Super Mario Bros., you'll need to add that one to the list as well. :)

The next-gen systems get all the attention, but the Nintendo DS is no slouch. If I could have only one game system, it would be the DS.

*DISCLAIMER*

"Minivenom is not an employee of Nintendo and has not been paid for this endorsement. He's saying it because he means it."

Also, you weren't specific on which Mario game you have. If it's not New Super Mario Bros., you'll need to add that one to the list as well. :)

Oh, it's the New Super Mario Bros. I think it rocks pretty hard, and I never played Mario. My wife starts playing and I don't see her for hours.

And thanks for the list of games! We'll be sure to check them out.

Elite Beat Agents? There is probably something wrong with me (but you knew that, right? :P ) but I CANNOT seem to get into it. It just seems bizarre and frantic, to me. Along with WarioWare. It's not that I hate them; it's just that the only way I'd play them again is if I was paid. :huh:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! How can you even lay ANY kind of insult on WarioWare? God personally signed a contract with Nintendo giving them exclusive rights to every kid with A.D.D. when they put out that game.

Glad to hear you like it Handsome. Not sure if it's a possibility for you or if you've experienced it before, but the most exciting thing about XBox is the online play. It's just done so freaking well. If you have any questions too, feel free to ask. ;)

As you may have noticed, I do not have ADD. It seems as though every other thirteen year old child on God's Green Earth does, I know, but you may have also noticed that I am not every other child. <EG>

Ego boost over, I wanted to change the subject for a moment. Is Marvel: UA really set in the Ultimate Universe? Spider-Man sounds like he's 30, Nick Fury is white and Deadpool, Doc Strange and a few others are all wearing their original, not Ultimate, costumes! WTF?

As you may have noticed, I do not have ADD. It seems as though every other thirteen year old child on God's Green Earth does, I know, but you may have also noticed that I am not every other child. <EG>

Ego boost over, I wanted to change the subject for a moment. Is Marvel: UA really set in the Ultimate Universe? Spider-Man sounds like he's 30, Nick Fury is white and Deadpool, Doc Strange and a few others are all wearing their original, not Ultimate, costumes! WTF?

It's set in Bizarro world. :P Really though, they just used the designs they felt like, it's not in Ultimate, but it's slightly off from 616. I think it's still 616 though, maybe 617. :D

Tut tut at 13 yrs old, should you be using that sort of language? :unsure::P

T.

...WTF?

Tut tut at 13 yrs old, should you be using that sort of language? :unsure::P

T.

Actually, you're right. :lol: I threw that in because EVERYONE ELSE HERE SAYS IT. See? You guys are a bad influence!! :P Although, in my mind, that stands for "What The Foogal", but that's just me. :D

...WTF?

Tut tut at 13 yrs old, should you be using that sort of language?

T.

Actually, you're right. :lol: I threw that in because EVERYONE ELSE HERE SAYS IT. See? You guys are a bad influence!! :P Although, in my mind, that stands for "What The Foogal", but that's just me. :D

I'll "bad influence" you! :P No problem Al, no one cares what you say, as long as you and the F-Bomb don't go on a rampage. Besides, go up to Mom and tell her WTF, and she'll ask what it stands for. No one in the "real world" cares.

EDIT: Oops, off topic. Sorry! To be on topic, let's try discussing something. Anyone else play Gunbound?

I'll "bad influence" you! :P No problem Al, no one cares what you say, as long as you and the F-Bomb don't go on a rampage. Besides, go up to Mom and tell her WTF, and she'll ask what it stands for. No one in the "real world" cares.

EDIT: Oops, off topic. Sorry! To be on topic, let's try discussing something. Anyone else play Gunbound?

"No one cares" here's a quick test for both of you... go up to your mum and when she says something to you say "What the Fuck" in it's full and see how she reacts :);)

Guys I was just pulling Alph's chain over it, :mellow: it didn't bother me but thought that bragging about being 'not like other 13 yrs olds' then following the crowd and swearing seems an awfull lot like a average 13 yr old to me.

Anyways here's my random back on topic question, Any gossip on a price drop for the 360 soon?

T.

Did you miss Boxing day!?!?!? :o

Compared to Canadian prices Boxing day was HUGE!!! Normally a Premium package is 500 here. On Boxing day everywhere had them for 400 (and some as low as 350!!!)

It's still Boxing Week, you might still be able to get ahold of one for cheap. ;)

Did you miss Boxing day!?!?!? :o

Compared to Canadian prices Boxing day was HUGE!!! Normally a Premium package is 500 here. On Boxing day everywhere had them for 400 (and some as low as 350!!!)

It's still Boxing Week, you might still be able to get ahold of one for cheap. ;)

lol yes I missed boxing day, but was out of town on Vac so there wasn't much hope of shopping & it wasn't a shopping kind of town :)

T.

Just FYI - one of the absolute coolest presents I got this year for Xmas was my wireless Nerf PS2 controller. The lovely Mrs. saw me looking at them (and drooling) and suprised me with one. It is absolutely the best controller I've ever owned (the guts that make it work are by Pelican). It runs on 2 AAA batteries.

There's nothing quite like the feel of Nerf, y'know? It's like I'm playing the game while holding onto a Nerf football, which is very cool when playing football/sports games. :D If you happen to find one (I've seen them at Best Buy and Game Stop) and are in the market for a new controller, pick one up! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Here's a review from IGN (they gave it 9.1 out of a possible 10 points)

http://gear.ign.com/articles/739/739323p1.html