UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

If anyone needs any helps with missions I'm at 25% done, and living in Bohan.

Brucie's my favorite character. Little Jacob is just too hard to understand, and I listen to a lot of dub reggae.

Has anyone else gotten the 70 dollar hooker service? I'm glad to see it before all the moms get crazy.

Edited by 616commando

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a heads up for Wii owners. Buy.com has a Wiimote recharging station on sale for $9.99. I signed up for Google checkout and got 2 for the price of 1. Shipping is free.

IMO this is a deal! They come with batteries adn they plug into the USB port on the back of the Wii. That'll make keeping the 'motes charged SO much easier for my kids!

Dude, thanks for the Tip. I just completely my checkout and I ordered two for myself. Awesome Deal and with all the Mario Kart I've been playing it will come in very handy! Thanks again.

As for gaming news, did anyone else download the "Nintendo Channel" today? It's really cool and has several really cool DS Demos to download. This has been a long time coming!! neo

MY XBOX BROKE AGAIN :(:(:( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's problem is that when ever I turn it on, it just freezes up. Every fickin' time. And the bullshit thing about it is that Microsoft (group of mutherfuckers) want's to charge me $100 because " my warrenty ran out". Well, I guess I will have to wait on GTA 4 and see if Rewards1.com really works. It would be the only way I could ever get another xbox again. Why is that? Simply because my Dad doesn't care enough for my entertainment and would rather spend the moner on my Step mom or wine or other things besides. I just guess the rewards1 is the only way I can get a xbox. I hope it works.

Just a heads up for Wii owners. Buy.com has a Wiimote recharging station on sale for $9.99. I signed up for Google checkout and got 2 for the price of 1. Shipping is free.

IMO this is a deal! They come with batteries adn they plug into the USB port on the back of the Wii. That'll make keeping the 'motes charged SO much easier for my kids!

Dude, thanks for the Tip. I just completely my checkout and I ordered two for myself. Awesome Deal and with all the Mario Kart I've been playing it will come in very handy! Thanks again.

As for gaming news, did anyone else download the "Nintendo Channel" today? It's really cool and has several really cool DS Demos to download. This has been a long time coming!! neo

FYI. My order shipped this morning. I should have the new charging stations in a few days.

I skipped the download. Hearing that it has some DS content (FINALLY!) I may have to reconsider. Thank you for the tip! :D

I received my Chargers yesterday and they are great. Especially for the money I paid!!

Now, I would like to wax poetically for a moment. Since we have no blogs, I have to vent somewhere and it might as well be here.

Anyone who has known me for a while probably knows my love and devotion to the Nintendo Brand. I was one of the first people on the site to promote the Wii and have supported it ever since. Now, don't take what I'm about to say wrong because I do love my Wii and it's produced some of the greatest games I've ever had the privilage to own (Super Paper Mario, Smash Bros, Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports). One of my favorite features of the Xbox 360 has been the LIVE Arcade. I have at least 10 games downloaded that I play regularly. So, I've been really looking forward to the release of the WiiWare here in the US. I've been following the reviews and watching everything closely because I love the simple, pick up and play nature of the Arcade. With games like Lost Winds and Defend My Castle you can't really go wrong. In fact, I bought 2 Wii Points cards last week in anticipation and I intended to buy 4 of the 5 release games (I have no interest in Pop). So, last night I got home from work and sat down with the Shop Channel and began downloading. I went with My TV Show Game first. It's a trivia game that let's you use your Miis in a 4 player Game Show (and it's a lot of fun by the way!). So, it was taking a little while so I turned the TV off and left. When I returned to the TV it was downloaded and on my downloaded screen is says, Blocks Remaining After Download: 10! That's it, I have only 10 blocks left after downloading 1 of the 4 games that I wanted. So, where does that leave me.......I DON'T KNOW?!?! I play most of my Virtual Console games pretty regularly, I use the Internet Channel, Picture Channel, and Weather Channel daily. So, my only option at this point is to start deleteing all of my Virtual Console games and probably several of my Channels. Then, if say, I want to play them on a whim.....I can't, I'll have to log onto the Shop Channel again and wait for them to re-download..........but of course, that's after I delete another game to make room for the re-download. I can't say how disappointed I am with Nintendo right now. In fact, I haven't deleted anything because I'm at the crossroads of wanting to buy the news games but not sure I want to support Nintendo again until they listen to the hardcore fans. I want to be able to own every V.C. game and every WiiWare game and not have to delete and re-download or transfer from card to system all the time. That is a lame business model and for a company as well known and experienced as Nintendo is a disgrace.

So, a warning to Wii fans looking to add a few WiiWare titles. Most of them are between 200 and 300 blocks, so if you have even a small amount of Channels right now, there is a great chance you don't have the space for the new WiiWare stuff. So, enjoy!

neo

Ouch that really sucks. You'd think they'd bring out some sort of memory card, or extra hard drive. I dunno how Wiis work. Do they have an internal hard drive? Are they compatable with external hard drives?

The Wii is build with a built in Flash Memory. I want to say 512mb, but I could be wrong on the number.

There is an expansion slot where you can insert an SD card. HOWEVER, that is used as a storage and not an expanded Memory. As in, you can copy your Channels/Games to the SD card but you cannot access them from there. You have to copy them back to the Wii before using them again. For instance, if I were to copy Ocarina of Time to my SD card it would free up space on my Wii for a new WiiWare game. But, if I wanted to play Ocarina, I would have to go into my SD card manager and copy Ocarina back to my Wii which is a chore in and of itself!

Originally it was stated, it the earliest days of Wii, that you could attach an External Harddrive via USB. That was never an option though, you cannot, at this time, expand the memory in any way!

There is a really simple fix to this. I downloadable patch that would either a)allow for the SD slot to extend the memory capacity of the Wii Channels Dashboard, allowing for everything on the SD card and built in Flash Drive to be accessed from the Wii Channels Dashboard at all times. b)allow for external Hardddrives (via USB) to extend the memory capacity of the Wii Channels Dashboard, allowing for everything on the external Harddrive and built in Flash Drive to be accessed from the Wii Channels Dashboard. c)both of the afore mentioned items, allowing for everything on the SD Card, external Harddrive, and Built in Flash Drive to be accessed from the Will Channels Dashboard at all times. That would be the simplest thing to do and for most of us, we probably have an external HDD or SD card laying around that we can use right now. Come on Nintendo, give us a break! neo

I completely agree with you there Neo. I've always seen Nintendo as the 'good guys' of the video game world, but this drags them down a notch.

I don't actually own a Wii myself, but I can see how annoying that would be. I've almost run out of space on my 20GB Xbox Hard drive, so I can't imagine how little you must be able to have on a 512MB drive.

Come on Nintendo, read the above post and take heed!

BREAKING NEWS...............NEW PITFALL GAME FOR THE WII:

pitfallwiifj6.jpg

This is going to be AMAZING.........we haven't seen a Pitfall game since the GameCube:

pitfallgcze6.jpg

oh crap.....

This is my point exactly, this is why the only games that I own for Wii are 1st party!!! Lazy, Cash Hungry, Development, it's going to be the death of the Wii. neo

BREAKING NEWS...............NEW PITFALL GAME FOR THE WII:

oh crap.....

This is my point exactly, this is why the only games that I own for Wii are 1st party!!! Lazy, Cash Hungry, Development, it's going to be the death of the Wii. neo

Because First party games are original and not all just rehashes of 80's games in 3D with more characters and added unlockable trinkets that Nintendo fanboys are so in love with?

T.

Well, it's been pretty dead around here for a while now. Either a) everyone's out enjoying the spring weather or B) everyone here bought a copy of GTA IV. Either way, that just leaves me here all alone, lol.

Anyway, it's WiiFit day everyone. I picked up my copy last night and played with it for a little while. I'm really taking this thing serious. I'm not going to rely on WiiFit to make me skinny and buff, but I am going to use it as a method to drop some much needed poundage, along with a better diet and various other activities. I debated started a new Thread for WiiFit progress, but thinking I may be the only one doing it, I figured I could just add it in here. So, I present WiiFit:

boxgl5.jpg

-So, I didn't reserve the game because I figured as long as I got one on the 1st day their would be plenty. However, when stores Stopped their pre-orders I'll be honest, I got a little scared. So, I ran down to my local Wal Mart at about 11:30pm and was the first in line for the WiiFit. They weren't even allowed to keep the boxes on the floor, they had to keep them "in the back" until midnight. Lame, I know, but I went with it. So, at 12am they roll this pallet of boxes out. There are 2 WiiFit's to 1 box and there were easily 30 or 40 boxes (so, that's 60 to 80 games for those keeping score). Kinda made me feel dumb for gettings scared, but at the end of the day I was able to score my copy 1st in line :).

insideflaput0.jpg

-Here is the view as you open the top of the box. You can see snuggly packed is the game CASE (yeah, I'm looking at you Wii Sports) and 4 AA batteries.

unboxedci9.jpg

-And, here is what's inside. You have the Board, the game, 4 AA Batteries, 4 Leg Extensions (for thick/long carpet) and 1 Manual. I have to be honest, I saw the media packs that the reviews were sent and they had little WiiFit ankle socks. I know, little and stupud, but I was really hoping for some of those socks........man, I really wanted them!

balanceboardtu1.jpg

-Alright, here is a close up on the board. I have to say I COMPLETELY love the board. It looks like the Star Trek Enterprise and Steve Job's love child. As with anything Nintendo, it's super well made. I was kinda of afraid, being a bigger guy, at the durability of the board, but I can say without a doubt I have no worries getting my big self on the board!

boardunderav0.jpg

-Here is the backside of the Board. You can see where that batteries go, and there is also a Sync button by the Battieries much like the Wiimote. The one cool thing I wanted to point out here is the handles. You can see on both sides, small handles that work VERY well. When I went to pick up the board my thought was, this may be weird, but the handles are placed perfectly!

wiifitmenuct8.jpg

-Here is a shot of the Main Wii Menu option for the game. Clean and nice, what we've come to expect.....and I love the green!

wiifitchanneltu5.jpg

-And, here is a shot of the Wii Channel that you can download. As you add users, they all show up at the bottom along with the graph of what's been going on. Kinda cool if you're into that thing!

obeseou2.jpg

-Finally, the bad news. I'm OBESE! I read stories of how people may be upset and I thought that was silly, but truthfully, I was a little sad when they gave me my reading. But, that's the truth people, I'm fat! I need work, and my new WiiFit is going to help with that. If anything, knowing this makes me even more determined. By Christmas I'm going to be a lean, mean, playing machine........hopefully :).

So, that's my introduction to WiiFit, hope you guys enjoyed. I will be posted as the weeks/months go so you guys can follow my progress. Not that you care, but all the same, I will. neo

Edited by neolego

I got it a few weeks ago, and I'm not really using it to lose weight (I should try the opposite because I'm underweight) but for fun. The balance games are fun and I like how you don't need to be that good at it to unlock anything. I really like the

Penguin Slide

balance game, and

"Zazen"

is hard! I only managed 30 seconds, but I guess I'm just too hyperactive! Good luck Neologo in losing some weight!

Vig

Ok folks... Let's get this topic away from how chubby we are and back on track ;)

How far are you guys through GTAIV?

I've spent a lot of time just mucking around with my friends online but have started to settle into singleplayer mode...I just hit the "3 leaf clover" mission and wow it's kind of crazy!

T.

Ok folks... Let's get this topic away from how chubby we are and back on track ;)

Well I'm sorry to ruin you're fun with talk about a Video Game in the Video Game Discussion there Timbo :). I guess not everyone here subscribes to the gang related death and violence that is so morally sound :blink:. By all means let's kick back with a 45 and tell our hooker to slide over so we can chat it up ;).

Nothin' but love for you man :D! neo

I'm currently on the second island. the game is enjoyable, but I skip all the cutscenes because of the amount of swearing.

Well I'm sorry to ruin you're fun with talk about a Video Game in the Video Game Discussion there Timbo :). I guess not everyone here subscribes to the gang related death and violence that is so morally sound :blink:. By all means let's kick back with a 45 and tell our hooker to slide over so we can chat it up ;).

Nothin' but love for you man :D! neo

Aren't you turning into our own little Jack Thompson?

LOL - Why don't you come down off that soap box and join us in the real world Neo? Seriously you sound like a pompous ill informed arse...

Firstly as far as I'm concerned your opinion on GTA counts for nothing, If you have played the game even once (or even the series?) then I might have some respect for your opinion but as it stands you're one of those people who is preaching against something that they only know through second hand opinions & chinese whispers.

As for morally sound we've had this debate before and you've never given a good answer...

How is playing GTA any worse than you playing CoD4 and killing people?

Please get over the fact that GTA IV broke a lot of records and is the highest selling videogame ( entertainment release?) ever. The fact you wont play it because you are scared you'll go into a hooker killing frenzy means nothing to the rest of us, you're missing out of one of the finest videogames ever created, yeah it has a darker side to it ( albeit done very tongue in cheek), but then so does life.

Seriously Neo quit the crusade and stop whining every time someone posts about a game you're too scared to play you just come off as a bitter old lady who's horrified the world isn't the way they want it to be.

( Of course I say the above with nothing but love! )

T.

Seriously, my post was more of a joke since I was discussing other games and you were the one that brought the subject back to GTA. I was just making the point that there are other games out there that can be talked about (although, no one seems to want to talk about anything else).

As for my "soapbox", I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. My perspective comes from my play time with the Series. No, I haven't played GTA IV. But I owned GTA III and loved it from a gameplay standpoint. Then, I tried to play Vice City but it was much worse so I quit playing the games. I heard that San Andreas was even worse. So, I'm glad I stopped when I did.

Sure, my post was Sarcastic and Synical, but that's just me. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Honestly, I'm glad that you enjoy the game. I do feel that morally killing people in a war setting is completely differently than murdering someone in cold blood on the side of a street. But hey, that's just me. I also agree that IV is amazing in everything that I've seen and heard, from a gameplay standpoint. It will be a benchmark where by all other Sandbox and Crime related games will be compared for years to come. I agree with all of that, but that doesn't make it acceptable in my opinion. So, I've chosen one side of the line and you've chosen the other side and it's all good. If my snappy, sarcastic responses are offending you then I apologize and I will lay off. Everything I've said was in a kidding matter, if you want to bath in chocolate pudding and run around town buck naked duck taping barcodes to peoples butt cracks that's fine by me.......that doesn't mean I have to do it with you :).

So, let's talk about GTA IV so more, shall we! neo

I was just making the point that there are other games out there that can be talked about (although, no one seems to want to talk about anything else).

I do feel that morally killing people in a war setting is completely differently than murdering someone in cold blood on the side of a street. But hey, that's just me.

Everything I've said was in a kidding matter, if you want to bath in chocolate pudding and run around town buck naked duck taping barcodes to peoples butt cracks that's fine by me.......that doesn't mean I have to do it with you :).

So, let's talk about GTA IV so more, shall we! neo

Ok so perhaps I took your reply a little too seriously this time, but that was based on your previous comments about GTA (you'll have to go back several pages) and that every time someone mentions GTA in this thread you change the topic of conversation.

GTA is outselling anything else out there at the moment, it's the top game on live and almost all of my friends list is playing it, so it's not surprising people want to talk about it, I sat through half a dozen pages of talk about who is best in smash brothers so you can damn well listen to the GTA talk mister! ;)

I'd like to see if we can discuss the 'killing for war is ok but on the street isn't' logic you have for video games. Surely killing is wrong no matter what? Therefore surely if you are playing a game and getting pleasure from killing someone then it's wrong... if it's not wrong then how is GTA wrong? You cant have it both ways.

So you know the chocpuddingnakedducktapebarcodeass game? - do you play with the american or international rules variant (FYI those who don't know US version has longer barcodes and ingredients in the pudding)? - I wondered what the people 6 remaining people on the planet are doing while the rest of us are playing GTA ;)

T.

So you know the chocpuddingnakedducktapebarcodeass game? - do you play with the american or international rules variant (FYI those who don't know US version has longer barcodes and ingredients in the pudding)? - I wondered what the people 6 remaining people on the planet are doing while the rest of us are playing GTA ;)

T.

We're trying to find a copy of Mario Kart Wii while still kicking ass at Smash Bros. Yes, MKW is sold out where I am. Oh well, another shipping should come in soon.

I wondered what the people 6 remaining people on the planet are doing while the rest of us are playing GTA ;)

T.

I don't know, but we have our GTA IV Bashing Meeting on Saturday, so I'll ask them ;).

As for the sake of a friendly argument, I'll take the discuss on killing. I can't speak of the story of GTA (since as you've pointed out, I haven't played it). On the other hand the, CoD is talking about preventing a global attack of Terroists. Now, you can't tell me that Sgt. John Doe in Iraq right now is doing the same thing as a Crack Addict walking around Battery Park! Our solider's are fighter a war for the Freedoms that we all enjoy. In turn, they are fighting fully trained, armed soliders of an opposing force. If you want to be general, it's more like Chess than a Killing Game. It's two trained warriors facing off against each other for what they believe. It's the same thing as Vader vs. Luke or Leonardo vs Shredder. You have two parties that have chosen opposing sides and the only way to resolve the conflict is battle.

Now, to contrast that with GTA, you can run over grandmas carrying home their groceries. You can carry a Katana down the road and lop people's heads off. You can use the services of a Hooker and then beat her to death with a Ball Bat. That cannot even compare to what is being portrayed in CoD (or any war game for that matter). It's sensless, pointless killing for nothing more than the amusing of the gamer. And, before I get bashed for my statements (again), I know that you don't HAVE TO DO THAT in GTA. You can simple kill off the corrupt (or MORE corrupt) gang leaders or whatever. Killing innocents is an option, I understand that so I'm not paint the game with a board brush. What I am saying is that it's possible and really, in a lot of circles, it's celebrated.

Again, to each is own and those that like GTA that's fine. But to say there is no difference between the killing styles of War and the Crime sidicate is completely inaccurate! neo

I wondered what the people 6 remaining people on the planet are doing while the rest of us are playing GTA ;)

T.

I don't know, but we have our GTA IV Bashing Meeting on Saturday, so I'll ask them ;).

As for the sake of a friendly argument, I'll take the discuss on killing. I can't speak of the story of GTA (since as you've pointed out, I haven't played it). On the other hand the, CoD is talking about preventing a global attack of Terroists. Now, you can't tell me that Sgt. John Doe in Iraq right now is doing the same thing as a Crack Addict walking around Battery Park! Our solider's are fighter a war for the Freedoms that we all enjoy. In turn, they are fighting fully trained, armed soliders of an opposing force. If you want to be general, it's more like Chess than a Killing Game. It's two trained warriors facing off against each other for what they believe. It's the same thing as Vader vs. Luke or Leonardo vs Shredder. You have two parties that have chosen opposing sides and the only way to resolve the conflict is battle.

Now, to contrast that with GTA, you can run over grandmas carrying home their groceries. You can carry a Katana down the road and lop people's heads off. You can use the services of a Hooker and then beat her to death with a Ball Bat. That cannot even compare to what is being portrayed in CoD (or any war game for that matter). It's sensless, pointless killing for nothing more than the amusing of the gamer. And, before I get bashed for my statements (again), I know that you don't HAVE TO DO THAT in GTA. You can simple kill off the corrupt (or MORE corrupt) gang leaders or whatever. Killing innocents is an option, I understand that so I'm not paint the game with a board brush. What I am saying is that it's possible and really, in a lot of circles, it's celebrated.

Again, to each is own and those that like GTA that's fine. But to say there is no difference between the killing styles of War and the Crime sidicate is completely inaccurate! neo

Firstly you are not actually winning a war, you are playing a video game, both are killings for the enjoyment of the player. If the guy is a mobster out to kill you for stealing his drugs or a "terrorist" who is trying to retaliate for you invading his home country you are still shooting a representation of a human being... I didn't realize "Though shalt not kill" had loop holes.

How about CoD deathmatch, there is no "righteous cause" going on there it's just a bunch of people shooting one another for fun?

I'm amazed at your 'Luke verses Darth Vader etc. comments' it shows a worrying glorification of the whole subject of war. War is no more or less a game than running an old lady over on her way home with her shopping is. Innocent people die in wars, usually in the thousands.

I had a whole paragraph here about war, perspective and "being right " but deleted it because it strayed too close to the 'no politics' policy of the website.

I guess one of my issue here is that you are blatantly being contradictory on either the price of life or the irrelevance of a video game. We both know it's wrong to kill someone in the real world, the question is if it's wrong to do so in a videogame and if so what makes on type of killing different from another?

T.

...I didn't realize "Though shalt not kill" had loop holes.

We both know it's wrong to kill someone in the real world, the question is if it's wrong to do so in a videogame and if so what makes on type of killing different from another?

T.

OK, we are just going to have to agree to disagree. My logic may be off, but you're doesn't hold water either.

First let me address the Ten Commandments. The bible says that there is none righteous, the Ten Commandments were given to show that we are not good enough as humans to earn God's favor. It was a Measuring stick that was given, that could NEVER be met (outside of Christ). Thou Shall Not Kill is in the bible, then a few books later we have God commanding the Army of Israel to infiltrate pegan nations and Kill, not just their Army, but Men, Women, Children, and even their Livestock. Proverbs tells us there is a time for War and a time for Peace, a time to live and a time to die. All of those things are ordained by God. Sure, we are to strive to follow the Law, we are to live our lives with that as a standard, but there are exceptions.

Second, to address your last comment, I agree that there is a difference between real life and video games. I can't fly but I like to play Iron Man. I'm not a pro athlete (as WiiFit will tell you), but I LOVE Madden. And I've never warped through a pipe to another dimision but I love Mario. Games have always been about the fantastical, things that aren't real. However, Last-Gen really moved into the "Realism" catagory that takes things to another level. This can be good and bad, but maybe you're right. Maybe there is no difference in killing, just maybe there is only black and white. I mean, when I play LEGO Star Wars and I chop Stormtroopers into pieces, they don't come back from LEGO heaven. And after I've sliced through Mutants on Marvel: UA they lie on the floor until they disappear. So, I agree that Killing is involved in most of the game that we know and love. My issues with games like Call of Duty or GTA or Saint's Row or Mafia or any game like that is that they try to make it real. Wolverine is NON-Fiction and he's fighting in Asgard. LEGO Luke is in a Block Galaxy Far, Far Away. Those things can't even been considered as real, because they are made to be Fantasy, which is why games were created. So, to you there might not be a difference, everything is Black and White, and honestly you may be right on this one. However, to me there is a grey area. I'm OK Laster Blasting Droids, I'm OK Claw Slashing Failed Super Soliders, and I'm OK drilling a bullet in the head of a Terrorist.......I am NOT OK with walking down the street with a Bat and beating people to death in any game that tries to replicate real life!

So, like I said, we're just going to have to agree to disagree. You are probably right, there is no difference in Video Game killing, it's all the same, either good or bad. But, I will have to politely disagree with you from my personal opinion and we can just both enjoy different games.

Now, onto a less controversial subject: President Obama as the next Pope! (j/k :P) neo

Edited by neolego