UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Just picked up "No More Heroes" for the Wii. It's amazing as far as game play presentation and story. Graphics seem a little choppy at times, but I've been spoiled playing PS3 and 360 on my hidef 40 inch 1080 p Samsung LCD.

The summary without spoilers:

If you love star wars, assassins, and ninjas, you'll love the theme and styles used

Grand Teft Auto on Crack for manga fans

Tons of Samurai moves and specials using the wii remote

Who needs a sword when you have a light saber???

Boss fights aplenty

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is semi random.

Over the Weekend I was trawling the web and saw a fairly long gameplay trailer for Farcry2...

:o it looks awesome and is on my short list of must pickup games for the end of the year.

T.

p.s. TBT's must pickup (for my 360 - subject to reviews) games in the near or not so near future are: Battlefield Bad Company, GTAIV, Mercenaries2, Fallout3, FarCry2. I'm sure there are other but that's off the top of my head.

This is semi random.

Over the Weekend I was trawling the web and saw a fairly long gameplay trailer for Farcry2...

:o it looks awesome and is on my short list of must pickup games for the end of the year.

T.

p.s. TBT's must pickup (for my 360 - subject to reviews) games in the near or not so near future are: Battlefield Bad Company, GTAIV, Mercenaries2, Fallout3, FarCry2. I'm sure there are other but that's off the top of my head.

Your list sounds pretty good there Tim.

The only difference with my preference of games is that I'm all about people, even in games. That being said I have VERY few single player games. Games to me are just another way of hanging out with friends for me. So games like GTA (and as far as I know Mercenaries and Battlefield) don't really appeal to me even though they look awesome.

Games to me are just another way of hanging out with friends for me. So games like GTA (and as far as I know Mercenaries and Battlefield) don't really appeal to me even though they look awesome.

Mercenaries will have online/offline co-op, Battlefield is built on a strong multi-player history and the rumors are that GTA will have internet play (No one knows exactly what yet though).

I use videogames as escapism and having a bunch of others in tow can dilute that (Think of it as like reading a book), yeah sometimes it's fun to play with a bunch of friends online, other times I'll admit that all I want to do is get away from everyone else and kill some aliens/soldiers/hookers my way and at my pace!

Yep... just like everything else it's all about me baby ;)

T.

I'm beginning to wonder if Smash Bros brawl is actually real or is it a marketing campaign to sell Wiis? It seems that every time the release date sems tolerably close, they delay it again. Curse Nintendo and its forever wait.

I'm beginning to wonder if Smash Bros brawl is actually real or is it a marketing campaign to sell Wiis? It seems that every time the release date sems tolerably close, they delay it again. Curse Nintendo and its forever wait.

Nintendo has done this a lot with their big-name games in the past (relating to Zelda and Mario, particularly). The good thing about it is that it allows them to fix any quirks in the game, and to make sure that it is super-polished (unlike XBox games, which typically get rushed and have to get updated every few weeks through XBL to fix the bugs). But it is a little annoying. It seems like they would err on the side of having a later release date than they expect, rather than an early one which inevitably gets pushed back :confused:

The truth of the matter is Nintendo lives by the words once spoken by Myamotio:

"A Bad game is bad forever, a Delayed game is good soon."

Anyways, for those of you who AREN'T following the Mass Effect Sex debacle I'm here to keep you up to speed.

It's turned into a real circus.

Fox has refused to apologize, but shockingly someone else has:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165633

It's actually quite humerous.

Lesson to learned?

Dont get on the bad side of a thousand crazed gamers.

OMG MASSIVE BRAWL SPOILERS AVAILABLE...

I couldn't help myself, some new characters are

Marth, Toon Link, R.O.B, Game&Watch, Ganondorf, and some blue dude! (Geist?)

Grumble... Two of my most wanted games a have been delayed...

"The company also announced that Battlefield: Bad Company and Mercenaries 2: World in Flames have been delayed until EA's 2009 fiscal year, which begins in April and runs through March 2010. The latter game was scheduled for an August 2008 release, and the former was set for June."

I might even just give up on Merc2 it's starting to look like vaporware, It was originally pegged for a release of June last year.

T.

Lame. . .where is

Simon Belmont

damn it?!

By the way, what's your source Deadpool?

(on an unrelated note, its nice to see another big Clint Eastwood fan around:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094963/ )

Lame. . .where is

Simon Belmont

damn it?!

By the way, what's your source Deadpool?

(on an unrelated note, its nice to see another big Clint Eastwood fan around:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094963/ )

I hope you know Deadpool is a superhero :P

My source? There are plenty. Try www.smashwiki.com, youtube.com, brawlcentral.com, or others.

THERE ARE SPOILERS. DO NOT GO IF YOU DON'T WANNA SEE THE FINAL ROSTER.

I'm sad that

Ridley isn't playable...

As I said in a earlier post, I've beated Halo 3 twice :( So I dug into my end table upstairs and pulled out Quake 4 again and I'm amazed how long this particular game is. Which for me is a good thing, since I felt that both Gears of War and H3 were a little too short. I still haven't beaten GOW, but with Q4 keeping my attention, it might be awhile :D This has definitely been one of the better games I've bought because of it. My only complaint is I have to reload the game everytime I die :P

What changes more than the release date of Too Human?...... Well..... The debate of me getting a PS3. Yeah time to go say that I have changed my mind again and am getting a PS3. What really spiked this was the consant freez ups I am having with my console. Also most of my hard earned discs are becomming unreadible on my console. I know I can just send it in to mircrosoft FOR A SECOND TIME and just wait 2-5 weeks and get my console back JUST TO HAVE IT BREAK AGAIN. Hey, I am serious about it this time and will SELL MY 360 to get a Ps3 along with

1)Rock Band

2)Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

3)Warhawk

4)Resistance Fall of Man

5)Call of Duty 4

6)Assassin's Creed

And in the future:

1)Killzone 2

2)Metal Gear Solid 4

3)Grand Theft Auto 4

4)Army of 2

5)Grand Tourismo 5 prologe

6)Madden NFL 09

7)MLB 08 The Show

8)Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Game of the Year Addition

9)The Orange box

So there you have it. Now no more of me being an annoying little ass. Have fun!

Hey Wii, if you're picking up a PS3 do NOT pick up games like Orange Box for it.

Most multiplatforms don't do as well on the PS3 but some in particular are worse.

Orange box for the PS3 wasn't even made by Valve and it is a half ass job with horrible frame rate and garbage.

wooohooo last night i got guitar hero 3 it is so cool! :lol:

Heck Yes it's cool! I only kew a maximum of three songs from Guitar hero 2, so it's good to finally get some familiar songs.

Rock and roll all night and PARTY EVERY DAY!

I finally cracked open Uncharted: Drake's Fortune last night... It's a really solid game. Kind of actiony, kind of platformy... The greatest thing is that the game "knows" what you're trying to do... If you're leaping for a ledge, you don't have to have a perfectly timed button press to nail it... Get close, and the game helps you out a little... Worst part of the old Tomb Raiders was the timing issues - Gone in Uncharted. Also, there are tons of little treasures to find throughout the game. Most of them are pretty easy to find - look for the little glints of light, and they're there. Graphically, the game's beautiful. I played a couple of levels of it on a SD television awhile back and was blown away - playing on a big, HD set is a world of difference.

I'm giving Uncharted a huge thumbs up!

I finally cracked open Uncharted: Drake's Fortune last night... It's a really solid game. Kind of actiony, kind of platformy... The greatest thing is that the game "knows" what you're trying to do... If you're leaping for a ledge, you don't have to have a perfectly timed button press to nail it... Get close, and the game helps you out a little... Worst part of the old Tomb Raiders was the timing issues - Gone in Uncharted. Also, there are tons of little treasures to find throughout the game. Most of them are pretty easy to find - look for the little glints of light, and they're there. Graphically, the game's beautiful. I played a couple of levels of it on a SD television awhile back and was blown away - playing on a big, HD set is a world of difference.

I'm giving Uncharted a huge thumbs up!

I'm happy that I'm getting it soon.....

http://www.1pstart.com/jws-comprehensive-l...ruining-halo-3/

I found this, and it made me laugh. I have to admit, I have been known to use the Sniper as a close range weapon rather than ranged from time to time. No-scope snipes to the head just make you feel good. :)

Co-Op!

Me and my Brother-in-law (pimpinNAKUMURA) have gotten into Co-Op play. We've beat Marvel: UA, LEGO Star Wars, and Halo 3. We bought CoD4 hoping to carry on the tradition, only to find out after we got home that it's not Co-Op! We are looking forward to Army of Two next month, but in the meantime I figured we could pick something else up. So, I was wondering if you guys recommend anything. I've heard that GRAW 1 and 2 both have Co-Op, but I haven’t' play them before. Any suggestions?? Neo

Co-Op!

Me and my Brother-in-law (pimpinNAKUMURA) have gotten into Co-Op play. We've beat Marvel: UA, LEGO Star Wars, and Halo 3. We bought CoD4 hoping to carry on the tradition, only to find out after we got home that it's not Co-Op! We are looking forward to Army of Two next month, but in the meantime I figured we could pick something else up. So, I was wondering if you guys recommend anything. I've heard that GRAW 1 and 2 both have Co-Op, but I haven’t' play them before. Any suggestions?? Neo

I just picked up Graw 2 on the cheap ($20) and am working my way through the single player stuff, it's fun but very slow paced compared to most shooters out there. As for Co-op it has a ton of co-op options and maps, there are downloads available, most of which are free now too.

As for general Co-op give me a shout sometime and if we can agree on a game I'm more than happy to play coop.

T.

I've been looking at Crackdown. Never picked it up last year, but I was always interested. I heard the Co-Op is pretty fun on that.

I was interested in Kain and Lynch, but that got some pretty bad reviews and I heard Gears of War only has Online Co-Op, no Offline. I still have hope for Army of Two though. I guess I'll pick up GRAW this weekend, I have some B-Day cash left over :D. neo