Video Game Discussion

neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry for pushing you Neo... It's just because I care.

Do you realize that you only have 38 more days to finish Halo 1 and beat Halo 2?

Time is ticking my friend...

You'll be happy to know that I'm having a FULL-ON Halo party tonight. And, whatever we don't finish tonight, we are having an All Guys, All Movies, All Games, All Nighter on the Sunday before Labor day. We ain't going to sleep until Halo is Beat and we've watched the Matrix, 300, and Gladiator..........Ah....it's going to be a good night :D.

I'm still sucked in by Madden. I didn't realize how much I actually missed it, until I player several years of crap to now finally have a quality game again. Too bad it's only going to have my attention for just one more day - - - - BIOSHOCK comes home tomorrow *giddy scream*, can't wait! neo

Hey guys, just a quick update, I beat the original Halo last night. My Brother-In-Law came over last night and we played until 1am and finally finished the dang game. It was awesome. The last level, racing through the ship on the warthog, was complete adreniline. Man, I was so dang happy. It was fun by myself, but with him it was AWESOME! I am going by to pick up Halo 2 this afternoon. We are meeting again this next weekend and then we are having an All Nighter on Sunday (9/1) for Labor Day! From now on, it will be known as "Masterchiefkickingthecrapoutofconvenatalienscumbagswithatrickedoutassaltrif

leandshotgun Day"

9/25/07 is looking further and further away :). neo

Dang...that limits my conversation alot,

One can always hope... I know you're new and excitable but you dont need to post replies to EVERYTHING in every thread.

If it doesn't add anything of interest orvalue to the thread then it's a waste of everyones time.

Just some friendly advice. :thumbsup:

T.

The only way I'll buy a PS3 is if they make Blu-Ray the only Next Gen format.

On the subject of must wanted games, those you listed Dante are some big ones. If you read a few pages back we have been talking about out most wanted games of the coming 4th quarter. Halo 3 is huge around here as is Orange Box and Call of Duty 4. Assasin's Creed and DMC are both Demos first for me. However, that isn't a bad thing. Bioshock was a Demo first as well, and that has turned out to be a Masterpiece.

Of course, of all the games this coming season, I'm MOST pyched about LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Series :D in HD. neo

Neo if you thought Halo 1 was sweet, now think about this:

That game is 6 years old.

Can you think of any games that calibre that are that old yet still playable?

I can think of games a year old I wouldn't play... :whistling:

Anyways, H3's campaign coop will be 4 PLayers... ONLINE!!! :lol:

Dude, you got me there. I was thinking about it, there is "Classic" status where you could play games like Punch Out and Super Metroid for all Eternity and then there are new games that are awesome but loose their luster really fast. Halo is one of the few games that has transended that relm and even if there went sequels would still be a great game to play for the first time.......6 years later. The last game that I would put into this true "Classic" catagory would be Ocarina of Time...........but that's for another discussion.

To answer your question Dante, LEGO Star Wars is one of my TOP 5 favorite games of all time. Not only is it both comes collected in one with polished HD graphics, but it is also about the acheivements, Online Multiplayer, and best of all, a number of new features including new levels. I would pay $100 bucks for this game, it's just my kind of game. With this coming out in the winter and then LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman due out next year, I'm going to have a LEGasim pretty soon. By the way Dante, there are two things that I really like, the first is The Matrix and the other.......well, I'll let my screen name do the rest :). neo

Interesting that you should mention Ocarina.

I agree. That and Jet Grind Radio for Dreamcast are the 2 games I would put in that category. Too new to be "classics" but still phenomenal.

I'm not gonna lie to you. Even though the story insn't as hot Halo 2 is even better. The story isn't quite as hot (I HATE the Arbiter), but it'll prepare you for what's coming in 3.

Things to use (or not to use) in Halo 2 are:

-The Plasma Pistol: USE IT!!! It is one of the best guns in 2. A charged shot will completely drain someone's shields. Paired with ANY other weapon, it's awesome.

-The Needler: NEVER use it. The most useless weapon in 2. It is NEVER worth picking up. Sadly, though the rest of the guns in the game are balanced this is not. I can go more in depth on the hunk of junk if you'd like, but you get the idea.

-The Rocket Launcher: Of course you should use it. What did you expect me to say? SEriously though, it was upgraded in Halo 2 to be the Bane of every Warthog driver's existence. Instead of firing a rocket instinctively at a vehicle hold down the trigger when pointed at one. After a second a 2nd cursor will appear. Put the second smaller cursor in the first and then let go of the trigger. It will "lock on" to the vehicle. Damn rockets.

-Energy sword: Wait until the reticle turns red before hitting the trigger. You will do a lunge attack that kills in one hit.

There are LOADS of more garbage I can think of, but I think you've got the jist of the important changes for Halo 2. Just keep using all the tricks for for Halo1 like Assassinations, Motion Sensor (Crouch walking anyone?) and crouch jumping (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT), they all still work in H2.

Just 35 days til Halo 3.

Looks like someone likes Halo 2 as much as me, Whats your gamertag Nestle? I'll play with you sometime.

PLEASE DO NOT USE PLASMA PISTOL! It takes no skill and is really annoying when used with BR (known as noob combo)

You didnt mention my favs. Plasma grenades or 'stickies'. I love chucking these babies around.

Someone didn't want me to make this post as I lost power twice while doing it. It was longer but I'll edit it when I can be bothered to type it all out again.

Looks like someone likes Halo 2 as much as me, Whats your gamertag Nestle? I'll play with you sometime.

PLEASE DO NOT USE PLASMA PISTOL! It takes no skill and is really annoying when used with BR (known as noob combo)

You didnt mention my favs. Plasma grenades or 'stickies'. I love chucking these babies around.

Someone didn't want me to make this post as I lost power twice while doing it. It was longer but I'll edit it when I can be bothered to type it all out again.

I, uh, won't overreact but THE PLASMA PISTOL IS FAIR GAME! It is in the game to be used! Taking out most of the game for "fairness" ruins it. And that's why I hate Major League Gaming.

My GT is: Nestle 18

As for the PP, it may be cheap but it is a legitimate tactic. The name noob combo has always been humerous to me, because when I was a noob there's no way I would've thought of it.

I left out stickies because though important to H2 they weren't really changed for H1.

Sorry but PP is one of my pet hates on the game.

Another new thing is the Guass Warthog. Basically a grenade launcher on the back of a hog. Capable of killing a guy one shot and taking down a tank quickly. get a good driver, and a rocket launcher/BR in the side seat and you've got it sorted.

I still need to buy a 360. Man I need a job. Why won't people hire 16 year olds much? Sucks.

Obviously you don't live here.

There is so much work in Alberta that a 16 year old can get a starting job of $14 whereever he wants.

Oh, and Dan's right. The Gauss is one of my personal favs. Being a driver I'll use a normal Warthog, but when they're parked side by side (Like in Gulch Wars on Containment) I ALWAYS pick the Gauss.

While we're talking changes, The Brute Shot is another good alternative. In Halo 3 it's even better, but essentially it's a Granade Launcher with a giant blade on the back for hitting people.

I agree with DeadPool, however. Poeple school me ALL THE TIME with the noob combo, but it's fair game. I can use it too. If I don't, it's my own mistake.

Halo 3 will see a lot less noob combo, however as holding down the trigger with a charged PP drains it's battery (And there is less homing to it's energy ball). However, if you shoot a vehicle with a charged up burst it will fry the vehicles controls for about 10 seconds.

I live in Birmingham, England and everywhere says you must be 18. It sucks.

One of my fav things about halo 2 is custom games where you can just have fun, like Cat and Mouse and Mystery Murderer. Ever heard of these?

I love Brute Shot. The blade kicks ass. I'm more of a gunner than a driver.

I'm really against the PP so I refuse to use it. Although I do like that it can stop vehicles on the next one. I somehow need to raise £300 before H3 comes out.

Any ideas other than selling my limbs and organs, I may need those.

I live in Birmingham, England and everywhere says you must be 18. It sucks.

One of my fav things about halo 2 is custom games where you can just have fun, like Cat and Mouse and Mystery Murderer. Ever heard of these?

I love Brute Shot. The blade kicks ass. I'm more of a gunner than a driver.

I'm really against the PP so I refuse to use it. Although I do like that it can stop vehicles on the next one. I somehow need to raise £300 before H3 comes out.

Hmmm, never heard of either of those customs.

What are they?

Well in Cat and Mouse go to Coagulation (works best with 6 people) you get two people in Wraiths on Blue team (they are the cats) and the other four in warthogs (they are the mice). The objective is for the cats to kill the mice within the time limit.

Game is 6 minutes long. Cats can only boost at 5 minutes down and they can only shoot at one minute.

Its quite fun.

Mystery Murderer. Oddball. Ivory Tower. One person is timekeeper, and in pregame lobby they choose a killer by sending them a message. This must be kept secret. In the game the killer has to kill off the other players one by one without getting caught. Other players can't kill anyone, unless they see someone kill another. Killer can't kill time keeper. If you aren't the killer and kill someone other than the killer you must kill yourself. Whoever kills the killer gets to choose the next one.

Great fun. Recommended for about 8 people.

I somehow need to raise £300 before H3 comes out.

COUGHsellmeyourminimatesCOUGH. COUGHi'lltakethemoffyourhandsforareasonablepriceCOUGH. COUGHnotforthreehundredquidthoughCOUGH.

I must get my cough sorted out one of these days...

Patriot

Haha!

I would get some cough medicine from your doctors. Or perhaps some Soothers. ;)

Or Minimates... COUGHCOUGH. -_-

Patriot