Video Game Discussion

neolego

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I play with my friend's Wii (snicker snicker) whenever I get the chance. I'm hoping to get one for my wife & I this Christmas. We have a PS2 but hardly ever play it. We're not into button mashing and combos and high-def graphics, we just want to pick up the controller and have fun. We're definitely getting the Star Wars Lego game. Wii rules!

Well, I'm not really one to follow gaming news like E3.............oh, who am I kidding, I just got done watching the show live (online of course) :). Go Nintendo!

Here are some of the main highlights:

-Wii Zapper will be released THIS YEAR with Nintendo Software for $19.99

-Smash Bros will be released December 3rd, 2007 - no new characters announced

-Mario Galaxy will be released November 12th, 2007

-Metroid has awesome FPS controls which includes a Lock-On that sill lets you pinpoint aim

-Metal of Honor 2, Madden, Fifa all confirmed for Online Play

-Mario Kart Wii confirmed Online and for 1st Quarter 2008 - along with exclusive Steering Wheel

-WiiFit Shown and Demo'd for a release in the first half of 2008

-WiiWare Channel launches next year

-Check Mii Out Channel coming soon where you can check out and import/export created Miis

Well, that's that. It was an OK show, but nothing to write home about. I love the little videos from Nintendo, but they were lacking in the "Umph" catagory like last year. Who is the rest of the cast of Smash Bros? Where was the huge new IP that Nintendo always brings? Metroid Online? Harddrive Attachment? While everything was nice and solid, there just wasn't anything to get really excited about. All in all it will be a good Holiday season for the Big N, but Microsoft will get the majority of my money this year, no questions asked. Final Grade for Nintendo's Press: B-

neo

Actually now Spider-man 3 has grown on me a bit. I like the black suit alot. I love the way it looks and the power. I'm annoyed by the villian on it, namely

Lizard

as I really wanted him in the next film, and the next game will be weird if he is in it again with a different origin. The swinging still annoys me a bit, as sometimes the web is atteched to nothing, and sometimes I hit invisible walls.

I also don't like the Crime wave parts, I prefered the random crimes, and talking to pedestrians for missions.

I still prefer Spider-man 2, but this is an alright game, I was just expecting better.

Hey, on the Spider-Man front, did anyone watch the Microsoft Press? Because if you did, there were various clips from the upcoming "Spider-Man: Friend or Foe". From the vids, it looks really promising. It's more comic based graphically than SM3. It isn't Cell Shaded like "Ultimate Spider-Man" but it isn't Photo Real like "Spider-Man 3". It's at a nice place right in the middle. From the clips that I've seen it looks to follow all 3 movie story lines and it looks to play as a Co-Op game where you get to play as Spidey, Vemon, Green Goblin, Sandman or Doc Ock. Nothing has been confirmed at this time, I'm just telling you what I saw. Here are a few pics so you can see for yourself:

779910836_1d50d747b0_o.jpg

779910968_b04fa47ef3_o.jpg

779911096_f8baf29e0c_o.jpg

779911104_05a69ffac9_o.jpg

779911112_9489a3c8e6_o.jpg

All in all, this is the most excited about a Spider-Man that I've been since Ultimate Spider-Man. Hopefully Activision can pull it off! neo

OK, Wii-fanboys: I have Wii Sports and Wii Play. I need a new game and want something else like these (fun/easy/multiplayer). Raving Rabbids, Mario Party 8, Monkey Ball, Big Brain Academy, Wario Ware, etc all come to mind. Any recommendations???

OK, Wii-fanboys: I have Wii Sports and Wii Play. I need a new game and want something else like these (fun/easy/multiplayer). Raving Rabbids, Mario Party 8, Monkey Ball, Big Brain Academy, Wario Ware, etc all come to mind. Any recommendations???

Let's see, I can try to help. Just to give credit to my answers, I've owned Rayman, Monkey Ball, Warioware, and Big Brain and my Sister owns Mario Party so I've played it often. Of the five that you've listed the only one I can say that I still own and still play regularly is Warioware. But, to be subjective, here are my thoughts on the games:

Warioware

Pros:

-Tons of Games

-GREAT use of the Remote

-Has a Few Really Fun Multiplayer Modes

Cons:

-Some Control Issues (very few games)

-Sometimes hard to understand games

-Addictive!

-Limited Multiplayer

Overall Warioware is a Blast, it's one of my favorite Wii Games that I own. The controls are almost flawless, while there are a few games that seem glitchy (I'm looking at your "Abduct"). One of the greatest features is the ability to practice just a single game over and over, so if you are having problems with one, you can hone your skill. While I will admit that the multiplayer is a blast, the cutting the rope game is so much fun, it seems limited comparted to some others. Final Score: 9.0

Rayman: Raving Rabbids

Pros:

-Zany, Crazy Comedy

-Very Innovative in most of it's games

Cons:

-Shoddy Graphics

-Weak multiplayer Support

-Pointless Story

Overall R:RR was a fun experience for a few days. I bought it at launch and to be honest, the first few times that I played it I was great. Then I realized that once the humor wears off it is really a mediocre game. Sure, it has it's jewels (like the FPS stages), but mostly it just wears out too fast. And, with the week Multiplayer support, it doesn't warrant replay. This was the first Wii game that I traded it. Final Score: 6.5

Super Monkey Ball: Bananna Blitz

Pros:

-Single Player

-Monkey Wars

-Colorful, Crisp Graphics

-Multiplayer Friendly

Cons:

-Weak Controls

Overall I did really like Super Monkey Ball. The graphics were nice and colorful and the games were fun. To be honest, this a game that you should buy for Single Player. The old tint and roll game is flawless with the Wii Remote. However, when it comes to the Minimates that is another story. Not to say there isn't some fun to have. Monkey Target and Monkey Wars really stand out, but what hurts is that close to 80% (estimate) of the games are buggy and just not very fun to play. Final Score: 7.5

Mario Party 8

Pros

-It's Mario Party

-Great Party Game with Friends

-Great Controls

Cons

-It's Mario Party.......8

-Not much has changed....

Overall Mario Party 8 is a Mario Party game. If you like them, you are going to like it, if you don't like them you aren't going to like it. Outside of the new unique controls, there is NO DIFFERENCE. Hardly any new characters, Levels that, while they are new, serve no great purpose to the Next Generation hardware. If it wern't for the Wii Remote, this game could have been released on the GameCube - Lame. But, in the end, it is still a lot of fun, and the controls are almost always SPOT ON! Final Score: 8.5

Big Brain Academy Wii Degree

Pros:

-Fun AND Eductional

-Multiplayer

-Great Control

Cons:

-Very "Non-Hardcore"

-Can be very Simple

-Can be very hard

Overall I LOVE my Big Brain. I loved it on the DS and that hasn't changed. It's fun to be able to play a simple game that exercises your brain as well as your hands. The Multiplayer is great, much better than the DS version, as you can play togther at the same time. The controls are always spot on and you actually both use the screen at the same time - It's split screen where your pointer only works on your side. Very innovative and fun....if you're into that learning/playing thing. Final Score: 9.0

Well, there you have it, just a few thoughts about those games. Like I said before the only one I would recommend to anyone would be Warioware. However, if you like Brain Age and Big Brain on the DS then I would also sugguest you pick up Big Brain Wii Degree as well. Hope that helps. neo

Hey, sorry to Double Post, but I wanted to make an announcement:

MY XBOX HAS RETURNED!!

I recieved my certified UPS box about 3pm yesterday afternoon. I had a bunch to do yesterday so I didn't really get to play much. I did go ahead and download Demos for Project Sph?, NCAA 08, Blue Dragon, The Bigs, Ace Combat, Stuntman, and Harry Potter. Then, once they were downloaded I started on all the trials for XBLA, There is Golden Axe, Sonic, Bomberman, Missle Command, Prince of Persia Classic, and several more. I can't want to get home tonight, I'm going to be Demoed out.........and then I'm going to the store to get some new games :). I want to pick up Transformers and I may pick up The Bigs, depending on how the demo plays.

So, I just wanted to let you guys know I'm BACK! See ya onlive. neo

Anyone else having problems with their Wii shutting off randomly? The Nintendo help guide says this could be from a lack of ventilation/overheating, but the Wii at our house is in an open entertainment center. No doors, plenty of ventilation....

Not me, as you all know my Xbox has suffered through the awful Three Ring of Fire episode, but my Wii has never given me a problem. I don't really know what to recommend. I keep my on the Nintendo Stand, Vertical within 6 inches of my Xbox 360 and I've never had a problem with it. Of course, I've never played more than several hours at a time. neo

I just wanted to chime in and say that I've had my 360 since X-Mas, and I haven't had one problem with it. Guess I got lucky!

Well, not to rain on your parade Logan, but I bought mine at Launch (that'd be 2005) and I didn't have 1 issue with mine until about a month ago. That's almost 2 years. Your lucky because now you have a manufacturers warranty for 3 years :) enjoy the security! neo

Well I finished Spider-man 3 this morning. Tbh I enjoyed the game, but after I loved Spidey 2 so much, I had really high hopes for this one. I was disappointed that simple things were left out of this game that were on the last one like helicopters and multiple weblines. I was also disappointed in the final level. I was looking forward to teaming up with New Goblin, and taking on Sandman and Venom at the construction site, but what do we get? Harry flying around above you, only hitting Venom twice, and handing you a few explosives. Also it was confined to the sand pit out front, not the whole building, which would have been really great. Overall, that that impressed. 4/10

Has anyone found all the Spidey emblems or meteorite pieces?

I don't suppose so :P

Also my screen says that your post is 666 neo?

Well, smack a vertically challenged cricket player, you are right. Either way, it's good to know that it's behind us.......Until we reach 6,000 replies :).

On another gaming subject, for the 360 owners, what theme do you have on your dashboard? Did you purchase one? Would you recommend one? Do you just use the Default? or Did you make your own?

As for me, I have this awesome pictures of the Black Spider-Man 3 logo with webs all around the screen. Right now that is what my background is. I want to change it though and I don't know what to change it too. I really like the new animated TMNT Theme and the Battlestar Galactia theme. I'm really hoping in the near future, maybe the fall update, that you will be able to customize each blade and not just 1 picture for all blades. neo

I don't think it will mean much. If anything I think that Peter will push the 360 even more as part of EA and we might even see some exclusive type of stuff in the future. neo

I just wanted to chime in and say that I've had my 360 since X-Mas, and I haven't had one problem with it. Guess I got lucky!

Well, irony in all it's not-so-splendid glory happened. Today, I was playing Some Guitar Hero and my 360 made some funny noise, so I shut it down, and now my tray won't close.