• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woo Hoo!!!

Welcome aboard TBT!!!

You can pick up the wireless adapter cheap on EBay.

As for games in order:

-Halo 2 (it still works on the 360)

-Gears of War

-GRAW 2

-CrackDown

-Perfect Dark Zero

OK, have to ask everyone that is in the know. With the new XBox Elite, does that mean my XBox360 is obsolete? I know that I can switch out my hard drive and all that, but was just curious. I also heard on G4 today that they are going to be upgrading the graphics and something to make the console play quieter. Is this only for the new Elite or both consoles? Anybody heard of this or is it just a rumor? I'd hate to hear that I already need to upgrade my console that I've only had for less than a year :(

Fret not, its got a bigger HD that you can buy separate (if you'll ever need it) and an extra output for HDMI (that makes no difference).

As for the quiterness, it happens, my friends 360 has a different DVD drive thats quieter than mine, this stuff happens all the time, as new materials come on the market they get used, everythings still compatible etc, just the elite is using a refined manufacturing process etc.

Yeah, it's funny you mention that dvd being quieter. When I play the games it seems much louder than when I play dvd's Ady, it's weird. But since it's sitting next to the fan in our bedroom, I really don't notice it too much. Thanks for making my fears lessen.

Top 5 games? Hmmm, let me do it this way:

Xbox 360

1. Oblivion

2. Guitar Hero II

3. Marvel Ultimate Alliance

4. G.R.A.W. (1 or 2- 1 is better ;) )

5. Burnout

I would also like to point out, LEGO Star Wars: Original Trilogy if you did not play it on a Current-Gen. Also, I've heard Gears or War and Crackdown were really good, but have not owned them so I reseve my recommendation (although the Demo for Crackdown was sweet)!

As for Current-Gen, if you haven't owned an Xbox I would recommend:

1. Any Splinter Cell Titles

2. Destroy All Humans 1 and/or 2

3. Psychonauts

4. Halo 1 and/or 2

5. Ultimate Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2

neo

considering i currently only own 3 games im going to list those three

Gears of War (make sure you download the newly available map pack)

Saints Row (GTA clone.. with some things done right some things done wrong.. but still a fun game and something kinda nice just to kill time with.. also has a decent and pretty indepth story

Halo 2

microsoft is also sending PGR3 my way.. as they put it.. to say sorry for taking so damn long to get me my shipping box(still dont have it)

enjoy

Awesome, you can add one more game to your list TBT: Spider-Man 3 !!

I got it Saturday (I had to wait and see the movie :D ). I played it some saturday and some sunday and have come to conclusion that I love it. It's kind of hit or miss. The best to explain it is Spider-Man 2.1, if you will. Much like the DVD that was just released, it's bascially Spider-Man 2 the game, with new gloss. Sure, it follows the Spider-Man 3 story.....but barely. Here's a quick review based on a few hours of play:

Gameplay:

-Much like SM2, web swings, zip lines, punches, and kicks are all handled very easly. At it's core it is a button masher. As you unlock new moves and stuff you can add a little depth, but even then you will button mash the majority of the time. Swinging feels great though. After no more than 10 minutes of gameplay I was swinging like a pro. If you enjoyed SM2's gameplay you will enjoy SM3, it's that simple.

Graphics/Sound:

-Spider-Man is HD is nice. For the most part this game shines, but it does have some weakness. The big ones are Framerate and glitches (mainly on the street). As far as Framerate goes, it doesn't suffer that bad. Trust me, after watching the game on the PS3, you will think the 360 version runs at 60 fps, lol. When it gets bad is when you are low to the ground and there is a lot going on or when you are swinging though fog, etc. The worst is Times Square, it's so crowded with people and lights and billboards, etc. It does slow down. The glitches that I mentioned are more from the street perspective. I have lost count of how many cabs I've seen drive up to a redlight and stop right in the center of another cab. Only for the light to turn green and that cab drive away while the 1st cab is still stationary. While it doesn't take away from the game at all, it's a little weak to see that so often. In the end though, once you get on top of the empire state building and take a look around, you will agree HD is better.

Story:

-No so hot right now. Again, I haven't went much into the story, but from what I've played so far it's pretty vague and uninspiring. The best thing I can say about the story is that they've added 3 city gangs that you get to take to school, it's a nice feature for the ol'web head.

Overall:

-I love it. It's got it's problems, but like the movie it's strengths far out weight them. It's not the leap to Next-Gen that you want to see of such a popular title, but it is at least a step in the right direction. I'd love to see more story focus and I'd love to see more Gang interaction, but overall it has enough to keep me busy for a while, at least until the next great super hero game comes along :).

Pros:

-NYC, you can go anywhere and it's a blast

-Web Swinging is by far the most satisfing part of the gameplay

-42 Missions is enough to keep you busy

-Updated Random Crimes including Bank Robberys and Run Away Cars - much better than Ballon Chasing

Cons:

-Chuggy Framerate at times

-Not really innovative

-No Goblin in the 360 Version

-No Online Co-Op

neo

Technical question for the 360 owners. I've been watching dvd's on the 360 for the past week while I've been sick in bed with no problem. That is until last night, I was watching a dvd and the episode was just about to end when the frame locked up. Then of course it jumps ahead to the FBI credits for no reason. I took the disc downstairs and played it on my regular dvd player and no problem, played through. Thinking maybe it was hot, I let it sit overnight and stuck the disc in again this morning and it duplicated the same glitch. It seemed to play the second disc with no problem, but it's just been this disc so far. So is it the disc or the 360? I've only had the game freeze up on me once, when I had been playing for a long period. Anyway, you guys are the experts when it comes to some of the problems. So let me know if I need to return this or the dvd to the store?

^^Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too Ady. I'll go and see if I can replace the dvd and see if that solves the problem. Like I said, I've been pretty fortunate when it comes to the 360. So I'd rather replace the dvd than the 360 at the moment :D

Just wanted to say that I got Spidey 3 for my DS and I love it! I think it's great how everything is controlled by the stylus.

So remember that top 5 360 games I mentioned a week ago?

It's already changed. First Crackdown has announced a LOAD of downloadable content. A Dozen weaapons, half a dozen vehicles, plus LOADS of game types. Including a mode where you can ramp up your powers to as much as you want. That's right, punch a guy a million miles, jump over tall building in a single bound. This game just got a whole lot better! But, once again, just like before I only suggest this game to XBL owners, since, this IS XBL content. If you're offline, skip this game.

Secondly, has anyone played Viva Pinata? Okay, laugh it up. But I DARE you, rent this game. You'll ber ADDICTED in no time. The problem is this game is geared towards absolutely no one. It's kiddy visuals make adults skip it, but the game is FAR too complex for any kid. Let me explain. You get a garden and simply grow it however you would like attracting any animals you'd like. You start with worms whoract Birds & Hedgehogs. If you grow flowers you'll attract bees, but flys eat flowers. Frogs and Spiders eat flies. Spiders also eat ants. Mice eat Turnips and Rabbits eat carrots. Foxes eat your Rabbits and Snakes eat your mice & Frogs. Ants need honey which is made by bees but they don't get along with ants. Confused? I've just named the BOTTOM rung of the ecosystem. It goes all the way up to crocodiles, Elephants, Horses, VCows, you name it. Balancing the garden can be extremely difficult BUT SO MUCH FUN. Seriously... Try iit.

K, so anyone who has a 360 but DOESNT have a HDTV? Go buy one.

My beloved TV died this morning, leaving me with no choice but to spend money I can ill afford on a new one.

Oh my god the difference is amazing.

Ady - who cant log in for some reason

Man, I would agree. Playing the 360 on a SDTV (Standard Def) is like speding a night with Jessica Alba and leaving your clothes on - Just not as much fun :D. You need to play the 360 in HD, it's really that amazing! neo

Ady, I'm curious which HD tv you went with? I still haven't made my HD Flatscreen decision :P Of course now the LCD seem to be putting out one's with the 1080, but I'm torn between that or the Plasma sets. I'm definately interested in what Gears of Wars would look like on either one of these. Nice analogy by the way Neo :lol: I was running through Costco awhile back and saw Revenge of the Sith on one of the lcd tv's and was amazed at the clarity of the picture. Thank god the cost are coming down, hopefully that will continue so I can replace my downstairs tv too.

Ady, I'm curious which HD tv you went with? I still haven't made my HD Flatscreen decision :P Of course now the LCD seem to be putting out one's with the 1080, but I'm torn between that or the Plasma sets. I'm definately interested in what Gears of Wars would look like on either one of these. Nice analogy by the way Neo :lol: I was running through Costco awhile back and saw Revenge of the Sith on one of the lcd tv's and was amazed at the clarity of the picture. Thank god the cost are coming down, hopefully that will continue so I can replace my downstairs tv too.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-AV-48WP30-Widesc...4853196-3767269

thats a link to my tv.. had it for two years now and havent had a single ounce of trouble out of it.. the picture is stunning.. going from my non HDcable to the HD goodness that is my 360 is simply stunning.. anyways.. dont know if youre looking for something that large.. but just thought id toss my tv out there..

OK, I have a litlle over 40 games. Here are my favorites:

Rainbow Six: Vegas

Ghost Recon 2

Oblivion (didn't care for it when I first bought it over a year ago, started playing it again recently and I am hooked!)

Crackdown (get the downloadable content)

Dead Rising

Guitar Hero 2

Viva Pinata (very addicting)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (be sure to download the extra characters)

Games that are coming up I want:

Darkness (loved the comic)

Tenchu Z (stealth ninja action)

Turok (you get to kill big dinos, nuff said)

Halo 3 (duh)

Shadowrun

Bioshock

Assasins Creed

Half Life 2: Orange Box

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-AV-48WP30-Widesc...4853196-3767269

thats a link to my tv.. had it for two years now and havent had a single ounce of trouble out of it.. the picture is stunning.. going from my non HDcable to the HD goodness that is my 360 is simply stunning.. anyways.. dont know if youre looking for something that large.. but just thought id toss my tv out there..

Vash, thanks for the link. That would be awesome for the downstairs, but the one I'm buying first is going in the bedroom :D It is close to the size I want in a flatscreen and luckily lcd's are getting larger in the those. I'm thinking 48"-50, 52 ;) Since I've read that it's better to get bigger when it comes to flatscreens, but I don't want to get too outrageous for just the bedroom :P Right now we have a 27" old school Samsung(about 9 years old or so), to me though, the 37-42" look too small. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will keep that in mind when looking at one for teh downstairs.

T_C, thanks for putting up Rainbox Six on your list. I've been eyeballing that one and Hitman recently. I still need to get Oblivion for the Mrs., as Ady recommended that one way back when. Like most games though, I'm trying to wait for the prices to go down before I pick them up. Right now I only have about 5 games and still too chicken to go Live and get my ass kicked by a 12 year old in Nantucket or Biloxi Mississippi :lol: Of course once I get the tv and hook up the computer, I won't have that excuse :confused: :

Well I have Live now... I'm super impressed at how painless and easy both the wifi and the live were to setup.

Gimme a few days to get myself sorted and maybe some of you guys can use me as cannon fodder online :D

T.