UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Biased.. Right. :rolleyes:

JK Neo.

But, as much as we agree on stuff we've got to both be aware by now we disagree.

I too have been playing Wario Ware for the last week... And you know what? It's just not what I hoped it would be. I mean, yeah the mini games are awesome and addictive, but for me Wario Ware is all about multiplayer.

Smooth Moves almost seems like a step BACKWARDS from the GC Wario in that they've dumped all the multiplayer styles for a couple "hot potato" games.

Maybe I just had too high of expectations.

I'm just not feelin' it.

I don't mean to come accross as negative though. I love the Wii and I love Zelda... I just haven't found enough there yet to write off my XBox.

I'm as stoked as you are about Mario Kart though! Woo!!!!

I don't need Link to the Past though. Ocarina of time is my fav. Zelda and I already have it on a GC disk. :thumbsup:

As for Worms being in your top 5 XB games... Huh?

I love worms as much as the next guy but what about Mass Effect? Halo 3? Blue Dragon? Crackdown? Virtua Fighter 5? Burnout 5? Guitar Hero? ShadowRun? C&C Tiberian Wars? GRAW2? The Darkness? BioShock? Half Life Orange? Unreal Tournament 2007? Turok? Fable 2? Assassin's Creed? Huxley? Army of Two?

*Please note I don't actually care about most of these games but I'm just showing this is a big year.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I last spoke in here I hadn't played the Wii, but OMG *droolz* I love it, I didn't realise how small it was and the games are wicked... I love wii sports :D Especially the boxing <G>

Okay not sure if its been mentioned yet but the PS3 is set to hit Europe around 23 March but the price is what is going to hit ya £425 for the 60gb version and the 20gb to be released later in the year, so if your thinking about buying one your gonna be hit hard and very badly for obtaining a paper weight.

cheers,

Tk

HOLY CRAP!!!

Sorry, had to take a minute to compose myself.

SONY has publicly stated this week that a price drop in their systems will not happen any time soon.

Sorry Europe... You don't get reasonably priced PS3s til 2014. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm going to stick to my 360 and call it good until the Blu-Ray-HD Wars are over :rolleyes: While I'll be one of the last to purchase either one anytime soon :down: As far as the Wii and the Playstation? I'm going to pass, neither one are giving me that warm and tingle feeling I have with my 360(and I haven't even hooked it up to the internet yet :P).

Now, Nestle, I'm know it's going to be a big year, I just LOVE Worms that much. Right now my top 5 would be: 1.Mass Effect, 2.Crackdown, 3. Worms (XBLA), 4.Assasin's Creed, 5.Guitar Hero. I would like to note that Guitar Hero would be #1 if it included a wireless guitar :P stupid Microsoft. neo

Hey guys, just wanted to say the other day I went to GameStop and I sold 4 of my games to buy 3 Xbox games (Battlefront 2, SC:CT and Call of Duty 2) And I'm so happy I got these, I've played BF2 before, but I never bought it. I've had SC:CT Before, but I got the GCN Version and I hated it :verymad:. So if you guys have any of these games, maybe we can play sometime ;).

...:::Halo11701:::...

Ah, new week, new things to discuss.

In the relm of Nintendo, I have to say that everyday I spend with my Wii I find more and more fulfillment with my investment. Yesterday I had a Super Bowl party at my house. The game was over roughly 9pm (central). I had about 20 people over. 2 close first of mine were like, dude we want to play Golf. So, I turned on Wii Sports and we play a quick 3-hole game of golf as people began to watch. 2 hours later we started a championship Boxing match after numerous Boxing matches with everyone in the room. Not to brag, but I did win. As everyone was getting ready to leave, Amy (22) said, "I didn't know that [the Wii] could be such fun, we should have skipped the Super Bowl and played that all night." Just another testament to, not only the mission, but the reach goal of the Nintendo Wii.

Feb is looking to be a pretty decent month. Today Super Mario World came out on the Virtual Console and it's rumored that Donkey Kong Country will be out next week. Plus we are getting Wii Play, SSX, and Sonic all this month for the Wii.

But, it's the Xbox 360 I'm most looking forward to this month. Shocked I know (I'm looking at your Nestle :) ). I downloaded the Demo of Crackdown over the weekend and I have to say that I'm really looking forward to this game. I am not a big fan of GTA, more because of the trash than the game itself. While I am still hesitent about the content of Crackdown (gore, language, etc), the game plays like a champ. For those unfamiler, Crackdown is a GTA style sandbox game. You play an "agent" who is out to clean up the city. You can shoot or beat anyone you see, you can "borrow" any car you see, and you can pretty much go anywhere you see. The nice twist in Crackdown is that it plays more like Hulk: Ultimate Distruction. As you level your guy up he gets more superhuman strength and abilities. For instance, after you level up enough you can pick up a bench or rip off a car door and throw it. Then, as you level up more you can eventually pick up a car and throw it. Same think we jumping. You start with an exaggerated leap and then as you progress you can litterally leap over buildings. Anyway, it comes out later this month and it's one of the only games that I've actually been looking forward to on the 360. You can also play the full game online Co-Op with a friend. So, if you are getting the same, let me know so we can get together. My Xbox is not very happy with me (SEE HERE) so I need to hurry up and get something to play :D. neo

LOL.

That post was just for me, eh Neo?

Anyways, I'm here as always to play "opposite side of the coin". :whistling:

It looks like I too, will be picking up Crackdown... But not for the same reasons as you. :confused:

See Microsoft has used Bungie's Halo 3 Beta as a method to make money, depriving any fans of the game a chance to play.

The first the 2 methods were rediculous.

-Sign up @ Halo3.com and if you BARELY PLAYED ANY HALO 2 RECENTLY YOU WERE ACCEPTED.

-Play 3 hours of Halo 2 online between Feb. 1 & 3 then register on Feb 5, AT SOME RANDOM TIME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY SO THAT NOONE CAN GET IN!!!

Anyways, the last option is to buy Crackdown. Damnit Microsoft... I hate you. :verymad:

The game itself is cool. I did enjoy the demo... But it feels a lot like GTA, and if you've played one you've played 'em all... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was reading something about that. To be honest......I don't really like Halo.............

***runs and hides***

"Is it safe to come out?" :D

Honestly, I never owned an Xbox, but I rented Halo 2 when I got my 360 and I wasn't that impressed. I'm not a very big FPS fan anyway. I will probably still get Halo when it comes out because it's going to be such a big deal, but I'm not counting down the days. I don't quite agree with your statement, "if you've played one...". I didn't own/play GTA because of the unnessasary content of the game (hookers, drugs, etc). For that same reason, I didn't get Saint's Row last year either. However, Spider-Man 2 is still one of my all time favorite games and I also love Simpson's Hit and Run. I love being able to go anywhere and drive anything they way Sandbox games let you. That is one of the reason I loved Oblivion despite it's lagged gameplay. Anyway, I haven't purchases an Xbox360 game since Marvel: UA last October so it's about time for me to buy something to justify me keeping the dang thing, lol.

I did have a question for those who use their Xbox360 as a home media product through a network. Right now I use mine to stream music and basic .wmv files through Media Connect. However, I'm in the market for a new PC and I'm looking at getting a "Media Center" computer because there is supposed to be more options for Media Center. So, does anyone run Media Center through their Xbox360 and if so, what do you think? Also, are you able to play other type video files, like .mov or .avi? neo

No... It's not safe to come out. :verymad:

JK

It's all good, I know not every one loves Halo like I do and that's fine. To be honest after playing GoldenEye to death on the N64 I had no respect for FPS either... Until Halo. When playing Halo you almost need to know IT'S rules to fully enjoy the experience, because it really DOES break the mold of FPS. With things like assassinations (One hit to the back of the head will kill someone), weapon balancing (no one weapon is perfect for all situations), vehicle use & stealing (Or on tanks you can jump ontop break open a hatch and toss in a granade), dual wieldingings pros & cons (If you choose to use two guns at a time you can't throw grandes), voice proximity (If you're in the middle of your opponent's base DON'T talk... They can hear you...), only being able to hold 2 guns at a time (so that teamwork is needed if you want a few different guns for a scenario... A Rocket guy, a sniper, a close combat, ect.) & countless other weird rules.

I think the game is only completely addictive when someone walks you through and teaches you these things. I used to run a "Halo night" every 3 weeks. People would grab their XBoxs and TVs and hook 'em together. It lasted nearly 2 years and we had well over 100 different people coming. :ohmy:

As for your Wii/SuperBowl party, that's great! We've packed up our Wii several times and brought it to friend's houses who aren't gamers and I think that's what it really needs. It's such a new exciting experience that Nintendo just needs to get the word out. :thumbsup:

Oh, right Crackdown. Sorry, I was a little vague there. I didn't mean one sandbox game is like every other... I meant Crackdown is like every GTA. :tongue: It's made by the same guy, and I played GTA 3... And you cazn "feel it" in CrackDown. The super powers are really cool, but I have trouble spending money on it 'cause I find myself thinking: "Haven't you already gotten half the fun out of this game?"

Well, there are a few interesting things going down. I know all the focus is on Toy Fair right now, and after seeing that Jack Bauer I can understand. But the gamer is me is still alive and kicking.

Last night I picked up Wii Play. Wii Play is a compelation of 9 minigames that comes packaged with a Wii Remote. Most of the games are simple and lackluster. However, "Combat" and "Billiards" really stand out. Combat is a 2-player tank battle game. You control your tank with the stick on the Nunchuck and you use the Remote to Aim at the screen and fire. It's actually pretty addicting and fun. Billiards is actually just a simple game of 9 ball. You like up the cursor on the cue ball using the remote. When you are ready you hold the B trigger, pull back, and push forward as you would with a pool stick. It takes a little getting used it, but it's pretty cool. If anything, it shows what the potential for a full Billiards game will be all about, and that will be awesome.

Also, last night, Nintendo released a new Channel for the Wii. "Everyone Votes Channel" is a channel where you take your Mii and participate in nation-wide and world-wide surveys. For example, the first question was (to the effect of) "What is more romantic for Valentine's Day?" and the choices were "Chocolates" or "Roses". You then take your Mii and drop them on the answer you choose. There is also a prediction vote in where you predict what the majority answer is. Overall it was kinda fun and was a good waste of about 5 or 10 minutes, there is a nice future for this feature. Oh yeah, plus it's free, so it's all good.

Lastly, I thought I'd mention that "Paperboy" was released on XBLA today. The classic Arcade game is pretty nice on the HD system. It's still as addicting as ever. Right now I only have the Demo. I do not plan to buy the full game, not because it's not worth the $5 price tag, but because I'll wait and buy it on my Wii VC because I just prefer to play the Wii :). neo

Heck yes, and having played the Demo I would say it's pretty awesome. If you have the money and have a 360 I think it's a must-buy.

On that same subject though, who else is getting PUMPED for "Transformers" game based off the movie? They had it showcased at Toy Fair and it sounds awesome. There havent' been any screens yet, but alot of the gameplay stuff has been released. So far we know that it's a Sandbox game (like GTA or the above mentioned Crackdown). You can play either through an Autobot Campaign or Decepticon. If you play as an Autobot you will have a number of characters to choose from including Optimus and Bumblebee and the story will follow closly to the movie. However, if you play as a Decepticon you will actually be allowed to win so the story changed drastically from the movie. In the game you will get to transform at will and run/drive/fly around the world at any time. In stead of stealing someone's ride and taking off, you just become a ride and take off. It's sounding like an awesome game and one that I'm more and more looking forward too. I'll post screens and more info as I get it. neo

OK, for those who have the internet wireless doohickey, how does this work? I just hook it up to my computer and player and voila, I can download updates and such? How does the Live thing work with this and how do get the console to talk to the computer? Right now I run off a cable modem that is attached to my computer. But eventually I hope to have my tower connected to a flat panel tv. Any input would be appreciated on how well this works.

I own the MS Wireless Network Adaptor and I LOVE it. It is a pretty steep price, but worth it for the quality and design you get.

It's as simple as Plug-n-Play. All you do it plug in the USB cord into the USB port on the back of the Xbox and them the Adaptor clips right into place on the backside of the console. Once it's connected you get a green light for power and your all set, the system does the rest.

Once you turn on the system go to the system blade under network/computers. There you will seach for any wireless connection. Now, you have to have a wireless router connected to your PC in order for the Network adaptor to pick anything up. Once it picks up a computer you are set. You may need to enter a WEP code if your wireless hotspot is secure.

As far as it working with live, it's very simple. From the first time that you connect you will be prompted for an "update". Go ahead and take it and will update your console to all current hardware. Then your Xbox will automatically sign you in as soon as the system is turned on and the wireless connection is established. I've downloaded Demos and Videos with no problem as well as played numerious games online and I've never had one problem. Some people say that a wireless connection takes a lot longer to download and lags alot. I've never experienced lag and I downloaded the 1g+ Crackdown demo is a little over an hour. Not sure if that's good, but I'm not complaining. I would recommend this with the highest confience.

I hope none of that confused you. If you have an other questions or need more clarification just let me know. neo

This is slightly off topic but I need input from some serious gamers. I have a Blockbuster Super Nintendo Game Tester, which is a SNES housed in an small, table-top, arcade-type body with a built-in monitor, attached controllers, and a neon light which illuminates a sign which says "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" at the top. It's in perfect working condition.

I'm thinking of selling it but never having seen one for sale I have no idea what it's worth. Any idea?

*edit: just thought I'd move this so neologo's answer came right after Don's question...

This is slightly off topic but I need input from some serious gamers. I have a Blockbuster Super Nintendo Game Tester, which is a SNES housed in an small, table-top, arcade-type body with a built-in monitor, attached controllers, and a neon light which illuminates a sign which says "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" at the top. It's in perfect working condition.

I'm thinking of selling it but never having seen one for sale I have no idea what it's worth. Any idea?

*edit: just thought I'd move this so neologo's answer came right after Don's question...

Cool Toy :)

No idea on pricing though, sounds like the sort of thing that would be fun to adapt to a mame cabinet of sorts :)

T.

NeoLego, thanks for the info. I might have to pm you about my cable modem situation and see what your thoughts on the topic are. Mine plugs into the computer and I only wish my computer and tv were connected. But appreciate the feedback and think I can get one under the $100.00 mark. The closer I get to this, the closer I'll get to more questions. Right now I have bills interfering with my collecting :P

Darnit neo!

We're supposed to disagree! :rolleyes:

Don, I have this too. The price is dropping on it so the price isn't as bad anymore. I picked mine up on ebay, where you can get one EASY for $60.

Just like everything else it's easy to use. I highly r3ecomment it.

The only warning I have to give is that it runs on 2.4 ghz. Sound fimiliar? Yeah, that's what my cordless phone ran on too. :confused: It kept booting me from the internet when it rang. Since then I upgraded to a 5.8ghz phone tho' and it's all good. :thumbsup:

Glad I have cell phone's :lol: $60.00 is what I can get it for through a buddy, so it's all good. Thanks again.