UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

Well, I thought it would be a good time to start a Video game thread. The summer months are always sparce, but come Fall things get good. Of course the Kickoff to the Fall season is always Madden. It technically comes out at the end of Summer, but it's a nice leadway into fall.

I figured this would be a nice place to discuss all things in gaming. Current-Gen (PS2, Xbox, 'Cube), Next-Gen (PS3, Xbox 360), New-Gen (Wii), and Handheld (NDS, GBA, PSP). The sky is the limit. Also, if you are on Xbox Live include your Gamertag and if you play Nintendo DS include your Friend Codes for all of your online games.

Xbox Live Gamertag: NeoDS (I just had to change my gamertag, long story)

To start the discussion I thought I'd ask if anyone is interested in Nintendo's "Touch Generation" titles? Right now there are only 4 titles listed until Touch Generations: Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, Nintendogs, and Sudoku Gridmaster. Currently I own Brain Age, Big Brain, and Nintendogs. I love them all very much, although Nintendogs does get pretty boring :mellow: . I was thinking about getting Suduko, but right now there are a ton of Suduko puzzles on Brain Age so I'll probably hold off. I really love the idea of Touch Generations and hope that Nintendo brings it to Wii. neo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have Brain Age and Big Brain Academy and I am loving them both. I am still trying to get all the coins in New Super Mario Bros. If any DS owner here doesn't have that game yet, I would HIGHLY recommend it.

I bought a Nintendo DS Lite two weeks ago and I can't believe how much I enjoy playing it. When the original DS came out, I swore to never buy one because it was so big and unwieldy my hands cramped just thinking about holding one. Then came the DS Lite so I figured I'd give it a try.

I've got Big Brain Academy, Brain Age, WarioWare Touched, and just bought Metroid Prime Hunters; all of which make regular use of the touch screen. I've not played BBA, or Metroid Prime yet, but Brain Age and WarioWare are awesome. I'm planning to get Nintendogs, but it probably won't happen for at least a couple more weeks.

Other games worth mentioning that don't require as much use of the touch screen are New Super Mario Bros. and MarioKart DS. Both games are AWESOME! As soon as I get a little better at MarioKart, I'll be looking to play some folks online.

Anyway, if you are considering buying a DS but have been on the fence about it like I was, take the plunge. It's definitely worth the money, in my humble opinion.

Oh yeah, New Super Mario Bros. is a MUST-HAVE title. One of the best games I've played in a very long time.

I got the message ady, thanks. I lost my account (some stupid MS crap) and they wouldn't let me get my gamertag back so I had to pick a new one. It kinda ticked me off. I had that Tag for over a year and it's been my screen name for like 5 or 6 years. Anyway, I'm back on :). neo

My thumbs are cramping...

I've been playing the original arcade Gauntlet on my PSP for the last four hours...

I haven't played that game since they had the upright at Shakey's Pizza when I was a wee lad...

Talk about hands being cramped. My Sister-in-law and her husband and her brother all came over for the 4th. We had a cookout. They all have a Nintendo DS and me and my Wife do. So we played about 75 rounds of Mario Kart and then just the 3 guy played about 25 rounds of Metroid Prime: Hunters while the 2 girls played each other in Big Brain Academy. My thumbs (Right thumb especially) was feeling it last night :) but it was F.U.N. neo

My thumbs are cramping...

I've been playing the original arcade Gauntlet on my PSP for the last four hours...

I haven't played that game since they had the upright at Shakey's Pizza when I was a wee lad...

I've been playing that on the 360 recently, ah the memories.

Sadly i still suck at it

Metroid Prime Hunters is absolute murder on the thumbs. And which joker decided that after killing the hardest bosses in the world and escaping with barely any energy at all, that it'd be great fun to face not one but two mini bosses?!!!

Effin game!

Mario Kart's great though innit? :D

I hear ya Ady. I've been playing a lot of Arcade games too. Really, my 360 has been disappointing me. I'm sure everything will be better soon because August sees Madden and September seens Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Lego Star Wars II.

Anyway, since I only play oblivion I thought I'd take a look at the arcade games. I downloaded the trial version of every last game, lol. I've found myself really hooked on that Outpost game and Pool. Although, like Ady, I found myself being remided at how much I sucked at Gauntlet, Smash TV, and Joust. Either way, the only reason I still have a 360 today is Xbox Live Marketplace and Arcade.

And, since we are on the subject, I cannot WAIT for the stinkin' Wii to come out. Not just because of the new, innovative, natural style of gameplay, but for the Virtual Console. Honestly I wasn't too interested in the VC when I first heard it announced. I figured, that's nice, but that's all it. However, since playing with my Xbox Live Arcade I actually realized just how AWESOME this feature can be. Not only for 3 generations of Nintendo games (both 1st and 3rd party) but also for new games. Just think how easy it would be to release a game like "New Super Mario Bros." on the Wii virtual console. Just think if they released a base game and then every month or so added new levels. The game would never end. I think that downloadable games and content is going to be one of the biggest features of the next-gen and I think while I credit MS for starting the fad, I feel sure that Nintendo is going to really show just how great these features are with WiiConnect24. Man, I'm ready for the Holidays :). neo

I must say that Mario Kart DS is an absolutely great game to play....especially multiplayer.

Can't wait to pick up a copy of New Super Mario Brothers, that ones just looks like an updated old-school good time!

I have a 'Lite and love it!I have both Brains,Yoshi Touch & Go,Nintendogs,Tetris DS,Mario Kart DS,New Super Mario Brothers,Animal Crossing DS,the demo Metroid game,and Mario & Luigi:Partners In Time.

Mario Kart: MarioFan0

Tetris DS: X-MenFan 1

Can't find anything for Animal Crossing,for friend code please PM.

My main reason for being excited about the Wii is for the online mode for the new Super Smash Bros Brawl game. As a member of a Legend of Zelda forum, I have a lot of friends anxious for this and a lot of people to settle some scores with in some nice Nintendo battles. Gonna be some good times.

As for the DS: Mario Kart and Animal Crossing are amazing games. I'm waiting to start my job in a few weeks before I can buy more games like New Super Mario Bros and Metroid Prime, but as far as third party games go, TMNT3: Mutant Nightmare and Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest are awesome games with local multi-card co-op modes. Super Mario 64 DS is pretty fun, too (my friend owns it and I tried it), but I can't wait for Diddy Kong Racing and Star Fox to be released.

Not to burst your bubble, but Online Multiplayer was "Questionable" althought I fully believe that the big N will come through, because Smash Bros NEEDS Online Play like Snoop Dog needs Royal Papers.

As far as the DS goes, I agree. It is by far the best console on the market, home or handheld. I already have Star Fox and Zelda paid off. Plus I just picked up Dead Man's Chest (after I saw the movie) and it's great too. I just don't understand why some people are still hesitant about the DS. neo

Holy Heck Yes. Me too. X-Men Legend (1 and 2) is one of my favorite series ever. They actually did with X-Men was no one else ever did before....make it fun to play. Even with all they are adding to Marvel Alliance, they are keeping the Legend core gameplay and that's enough for me :).

I'm also looking forward to Spiderman 3. I know it's still a ways off, but I will never forget when I first played Spiderman 2. It was a shock to the system and forever changed my view of a Spiderman game, so I'm really excited for what they are going to do with the 3rd game. Plus, with the addition of Vemon as a villian, you all know we'll get to play as him.

All things considered, this is looking like a good year for licensed games. Marvel Alliance and LEGO Star Wars seem to top the list, but there are some other gems in there as well. neo

Well anyway is the wii pronounced we or wye?

so simple to most anyone who can speak a language but me... nope.

It's pronounced Rev-o-lu-tion...... such a long pronounciation for such a small word ;)

As for this system, the only Games I'm looking at right now are Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Marvel's Ultimate Alliance. But, I am also stoked about the ability to play Old school NES and SNES games via the net link....which the last thing I heard was that as long as you have a broadband internet connection, playing these will be free! GOD i hope that is true!!

Man, the Wii is going to be awesome. How can you only be excited about Smash Bros., it's not even a launch game???

We are getting Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: TP, Wii Sports, Warrioware, and Excitetruck all 1st party. Plus Red Steel, Madden, Marvel Alliance, and Call of Duty all 3rd party - and those are just in the launch window. The Wii is going to be best thing since sliced bread. I'm half tempted to sell my 360 just to get more Wii games.........Half tempted :). neo

I have never wanted so many launch titles for a system as I do for the Wii. I will be buying Red Steel, Metroid Prime 3, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Excite Truck, Zelda TP, and Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Lucas Arts just announced they are developping for the Wii. Can you imagine a lightsaber game on the Wii? :ph34r: