UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Which character is most due for a re-do/re-release?

blizzerd

Which character needs a new release most?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which Character?

• Beast
    • Bullseye
    • Doctor Doom
    • Green Goblin
    • Juggernaut
    • Nightcrawler
    • Rhino
    • Sabretooth

Well, since we have seen a bunch of characters rereleased recently, whether in new forms or not (Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Captain America), I was wondering which previously released character people most need/want to see released again.

Beast?? (a more Classic furry blue simian look, perhaps)

Bullseye?? (Black! Black!)

Doctor Doom?? (Perhaps with a less cumbersome cape)

Green Goblin?? (I know about the Target re-release but, as we all know, it never hit stores)

Juggernaut?? (Powerhouse chest?)

Nightcrawler?? (one of the most popular X-Men, yet one of the hardest to find)

Rhino?? (Powerhouse chest?)

Sabretooth?? (Finally, a 616 version)

I voted for A new doom because the last one's face (both the variant and the masked one) I didn't like very much. I also wasn't collecting minimates at that time but I just want a different doom to go with my unfinished fantastic four and my silver searcher.(If you read the new ult. fantastic four you'll understand that last part.)

An Avengers era Beast would be most welcome however a Nightcrawler that people can actually find/afford should be priority one out of the list above. Powerhouse chests are cool and work for guys like Venom and Thing but without a 2.5 body for characters like Rhino and Juggy why bother? Doom, Bullseye, and Goblin updates would be cool but I can live without them and I'm sure a 616 Sabes will show eventually but I can wait.

Of the listed IMO only Beast and Sabretooth count for re-releases as we have only ever gotten non-Classic styled versions of them, the rest I'm more than happy with in their present forms.

Admittedly newer more detailed versions would be nice, Target Green Goblin a nice example, but I'd really rather have other characters who haven't been mated before first.

Sabes for me, his second costume ( the one he ran around in during the 90's with the fur colarand a powerhouse body so he's bigger than Wolverine and i'll be happy.

Personally, I'd like to see bulked up versions of Juggernaut, Rhino, Gray Hulk, Gamma Hulk, and Colossus, but I'm in no hurry to see any of them. And the redone Bullseye and Green Goblin, while nice, are not top priorities. Nightcrawler has been shelled out twice so hopefully any revisit to the character yields at least a new costume. Beast we already have two versions of. Doom looked fine to me the first time. Out of all of them, a 616 Sabretooth is the only one that I'd like to see in the near future, though admittedly, the old one works fine.

I'd much rather see characters that haven't been touched upon before seeing characters we have a suitably adequate representation of already.

As much as id like a furry Beast to add to the X-Mate line up... I went with Sabertooth... he was always one of my favourite xmen villains... and i think hed like look excellent with his huge fur collar.... i wouldnt even mind if they left out the powerhouse chest on him.....

Sabes for me, his second costume ( the one he ran around in during the 90's with the fur colarand a powerhouse body so he's bigger than Wolverine and i'll be happy.

man.... love that costume B)

All of these IMO. A true 616 Beast and Sabretooth have been on the top of my list for years(how we've gotten so many Beasts besides his "classic" representation is beyond me). I'm still counting on the improved Green Goblin finding a venue (otherwise he'd be my first choice as he doesn't quite jive with the newer designs). The others would be nice, but I could live without. If the 2" limitation were ever lifted, I'd go with Rhino, Juggernaut, and Hulk; if not, I doubt that they could be "improved" much other than "power-house chests" (which I never really cared for much), but they'd need to be used in combination with the "height-enhancing" crotches that Smart Hulk and Abomination seem to be getting.

I would have to agree with the 616 Beast and Sabertooth (I voted for the later).

If these are the only choices. B)

I personally think that a classic storm could also be used.

I also agree that MJ would be nice, but at least we are getting a new version with the SM3 characters.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Beast's current look? I mean I like cats, I like Beast and now Beast is more cat like. Win win in my opinion.

Anyway I'd love to see an updated Nightcrawler, maybe complete with a sword or two. He's one of my favourite Marvel characters and personally I think he's one of the best X-Men of all time (I'd say better than Wolverine but even Sammy the Fishboy is better than Wolverine).

I'd also like to maybe see the Green Goblin get updated with one of his more recent costumes.

As much as I would love a 616 Sabretooth, my top pick is Doom. The current Doom mate is practically inarticulate! He is probably my favorite Marvel villain, but I can't place him in a dynamic pose on my shelf....he just stands there. A DC Spectre cowl, separate from the cape, and a shorter, more detailed "skirt" piece would be awesome. Or forget the skirt altogether and put out a version of that kick-ass mystical armor from Mark Waid's run a couple of years ago!

Can't say how disappointed I am to see that horrible cape piece being used again on the Taskmaster mate. Ughh!

Though I'd like a redo of most of those (I'd love a 616 Sabes and Classic Beast), my top choice is most definatly Doom. Doom is my favorite character, and the minimate was definatly lackluster. Also, mine came with a major scratch on his face, ruining the look, and I was never able to replace it. Give me a Doom that looks like this!

doctordoomou0.gif

Tbh I couldn't give a toss about a 616 Sabretooth. I like the Ult. one minus the coat, but I just gave mine bare arms.

What I really want is a new Nightcrawler, Preferably Ultimate but any costume would do. Give him a couple of swords too. I want a Nightcrawler minimate quite badly. Its one of my few grail items atm.

Of those listed I feel Beast and Bullseye are most in need, at least in the sense that there are fundamental issues with those that we have. Bullseye is BLACK!! and Beast just doesn't look right to me, I can't pinpoint it but I think it's the Wolverine hairpiece.

I also think that Dr. Octopus could use a remake, the one we have looks great, but is incredibly difficult to use, as the arms keep falling off and aren't long enough to actually do anything with.