UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Wave 4 announced

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This wave looks great, and I'm so happy that they didn't end up as exclusives. I'm so tired of chasing a con exclusive on eBay.

It's funny that this rolled out this week, just as I got a head and hair to make my Gaeta custom work.

I'm wondering what the variant Baltar looks like.

Let's hope this isn't the last wave.... we still got all those cylons:

Tori

Anders

Cavil

Leoben

Simon

Doral

And how about a colonial marine (and a female variant?)

Afterall... look at all the Marvel mates. Is another wave of BSG too much to ask?

Oh happy day! Thanks Samwise for that update. I am so glad to see Roslin and the Lab Coat Baltar that we've had pics of for a while. I hope these do well enough that we will see more of them it would be double sad to have the series (of the show) end and not have any minimates to look forward to either. I agree that Cally's hair does look a tad strange but over all this is going to be a totally great wave.

Sweet....Those are all the 'loose' figures that were supposed to be exclusives etc rounded up into a wave, Who bets Series 4 will be the last?

What makes you say that TBT? I would think with the figure line coming up, this isn't a hard sell for DST :unsure: Something I'm wondering is if it's easier for this and some of the other lines outside the Marvel/DC Universe to just be one shots or boxed sets? I definately like your idea about the b/d Cally btw :lol:

Samiwse....I'd kiss your feet if you were here,lol.

:lol:

No problem guys, just passing the news along.

I certainly hope this isn't the last wave either. I think they could easily get another 4 waves out with some of the third tier characters paired with variants of the main characters. I would love to see Kara/Leoben 2-pack from New Caprica- or any of the New Caprica outfits.

By the way, miniseries Baltar art from way back when:

http://minimateheadquarters.com/blog/wp-ga...?g2_itemId=7231

Samiwse....I'd kiss your feet if you were here,lol.

:lol:

No problem guys, just passing the news along.

I certainly hope this isn't the last wave either. I think they could easily get another 4 waves out with some of the third tier characters paired with variants of the main characters. I would love to see Kara/Leoben 2-pack from New Caprica- or any of the New Caprica outfits.

By the way, miniseries Baltar art from way back when:

http://minimateheadquarters.com/blog/wp-ga...?g2_itemId=7231

Thanks for the Baltar pic... I'd forgotten about those concept drawings

What makes you say that TBT? I would think with the figure line coming up, this isn't a hard sell for DST :unsure: Something I'm wondering is if it's easier for this and some of the other lines outside the Marvel/DC Universe to just be one shots or boxed sets? I definately like your idea about the b/d Cally btw :lol:

Well by the time this series is out series 4 of BSG will likely be either airing or already gone for starters, the second is that now we have pretty much the main cast, any one else might be nice icing but I doubt they'll make a series on their own.

That and pure gut feeling... B)

T.

( waits for someone to eventually prove me wrong) B)

I think it's a fair assumption that the fourth wave of BSG will be the last. As has been pointed out, the main cast members have been made and unless there are huge sales for the third and fourth waves I can't see DST investing in a fifth. They couldn't even get retailers on board for exclusives! And it doesn't look like they have any plans of resurrecting the vehicles that AA was shopping around so despite a few more second-string characters what else is left for them to do? And yes, I'd love to see a Galactica playset but it ain't happening.

It makes more sense for them to end with the fourth wave and acquire a new license like Heroes.

Well you are the Minimate Guru Timbo ;) I would love to see the classic BSG myself, maybe a boxed set one shot. I will agree with the assessment that this has been a hard sell for some reason though :unsure:

Great news, i was hoping that the Mini-series Baltar form the original artwork would turn up eventually.

Certainly does feel like they're tying all the loose ends up for this wave. Maybe they'll release some classic BSG.

Great line-up; Doc was a nice surprise! It's nice to see the previous proto.s and proposed exclusives finally find a home. Now, if only DST could find a way to manifest the mini-flyers (I, for one, would buy cases!). I understand where all the "Doom-sayers" are coming from (about time-frames and "main"character selections), but I choose to remain optomistic and believe that DST will produce at least one (if not more) more wave. Afterall, there's still a special and one more season to go. I seriously doubt that the plug will be pulled so quickly. Just because the series is completed does not mean that interest will come to a screeching-halt. Hell, many fans didn't even begin watching until the second-third season and I guarantee that SciFi (if not someone else) will re-run the crap out of it for a few years. This is syndicated television not a movie franchise, and quite often the fan-base grows with time. Besides, DST owes us at least one male and female (no, the exclusive Starbuck does not count!!)base in the tank-top for customizing purposes! Throw-in Anders and a few others, and I could accept all the "sky is falling" garbage.

thats really cool, i'm glad labcoat baltar wont be exclusive (for those of us not in the US who often get excluded from such things)

Cottles a good choice, plus now we can have tyrol and cally LOL. Zareks a cool surprise to.

I hope this isnt the last wave, I want more human cylons (Doral, Cavill etc) plus if we get a Cavil and AA make a star trek wave about enterprise we get archer to meaning we have our own minimate version of Sam and Al from Quantum Leap :lol:

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/Quantum_Leap.jpg)

Thanks for the pics Samwise, he we get some more info soon

JAG2045

P.S. when is wave 3 supposed to get released?

Thank Goodness... wave four. these are the last of the characters they had designed at the very beginning. I think they will continue on after the show ends with waves. I mean, they started making SG1 toys when the show was at its end. They could always go with pilots and a box set for Razor. Anywho, I for one am excited about this wave, you can never have too many Baltars.

I don't think this will be the last we see of BSG 'Mates. With the news that Sci-Fi plans to streeeeeeeetch out the fourth season well into 2009, I think we'll have plenty of time to get a few more series out.

I certainly hope that's the case, especially with the big reveal at the end of last season, we'll have greater prominance for some of the second string characters. (Plus, in a case where some variants make perfect sense, I think some New Caprica style figures would be awesome.)

Antacost has a point about Cally, they've really not done her justice.

It's because she doesn't look slighty retarded... :D

Also I'll be swapping the head out with the 'raft spiderman' to get that beaten up Cally look... he hehe he... :)

T.

Yes I know.. but I just feel evil today!

Satan's warming a special pitchfork just for you! :devil:

if we get a Cavil and AA make a star trek wave about enterprise we get archer to meaning we have our own minimate version of Sam and Al from Quantum Leap :lol:

Now thats just about the coolest thing I've read on these boards... QL would make an excellent Minimate line.

Thanks Rheul, id love a QL line, maybe just a 2 pack of sam and al (with the Star trek tricorder doubling as ziggy)

JAG2045

Man, this DOES feel like the last wave, especially considering that as a casual fan I hardly recognize any of these characters. It'd have been nice for one more Cylon though. :D I have to appreciate the fact that they've kept the female ratio just as high and higher than the males in some cases.

I've got to think that there's enough room for another wave, considering we don't yet have Anders, Cavill, Tory, etc. The existing molds (blue uniforms, flight suits, business suits) could easily be reused in another wave. Remember, plenty of franchises support toy lines long after their shows end (Star Trek & Stargate come to mind).