UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

[UPDATED] Photos: Star Trek Wave 1 and Rocky Wave 1

Today I picked up the first waves of Star Trek and Rocky.

I'll start with Rocky. Rocky is a "ok" line for me. There isn't much with this line that impresses me. Matter a fact I'm a little peeved by the line personally.

The "Boxing Gear" Rocky does not come with a separate hair piece. I'm stuck having to use the hairpiece that has the hood from his robe. I cannot believe DST would make a slip up like this especially advertising the removal of the robe on the actual product's box.

2.JPG

3.JPG

Also: apparently "Boxing Gear" Rocky is missing a piece making it so his torso falls off.

4.JPG

Oh well... Rocky is an "ok" wave of minimates overall.

EDIT: Please read more below on more on the Rocky minimates.

5.JPG

Now Star Trek... the Star Trek wave is a wave I've been waiting for quite a while now. DST has done a fantastic job with these mates and bringing them down to the 2-inch scale. Their faces reflect each character very well and so do their uniforms.

6.JPG

Spock's Vulcan hand is a pretty slick accessory.

7.JPG

8.JPG

Captain Pike is cool.

9.JPG

And the accessories that come with our mini-Starfleet friends:

10.JPG

I really like the Star Tek wave and hope it ends up becoming as big as our mini-Marvel universe - with characters not just from the Original Series but The Next Generation and beyond. Trek in minimate form is awesome.

Just wanted to share these with you guys. I have super hi-res images of all these but resized them so it doesn't take 2 hours to view this post (seriously, that's how big the pics were originally). If hi-res is wanted, let me know and I'll put some up.

In regards to my Rocky wave - I may take them back and exchange them for another set but that will fix "Boxing Gear" Rocky's missing piece but won't fix the fact he doesn't come with a standard hairpiece without the hood. Ugh. Not sure what I'm going to do or if its even worth the hassle of having to drive quite a ways back to my comic book shop.

EDIT 8/18: I wanted to add a few more things to this tiny review. I centered most of the review of the Rocky Minimates off the missing hairpiece and to be honest after spending more time with the Rocky Minimates - just because its missing it doesn't mean the minimates aren't good. Matter a fact, I'm beginning to like this line more and more and I don't know why. I am impressed by facial art of Rocky - it really does capture Stallone's face which is awesome. Rocky got me thinking about my own transition away from action-figures (except Trek of course, love their action figures). I am finding myself wanting things in minimate form and less in action figure form. I might have bought Rocky figures a few months ago. Today I say forget the action figures, minimate form rocks. Rocky demonstrates DST/AA's ability to transform other licenses into minimate form and really really well. Trek does the same thing. Kudos to DST on this line and I can't wait for Back to the Future - one of my most favorite series of movies of all time.

ADDED MORE PICTURES ON PAGE 2!

- Brandon

I wonder if DST will offer some type of redemable offer for the missing Rocky hairpiece. If every pack IS missing the non hooded hairpiece, DST should honor anyone who bought this pack and send them a hairpiece for free. Asylumdude, as for the chest block piece, maybe yours was a fluke. Did you buy more than one pack?

I'll wait to get mine and see what happens. If this happens to more people... than we can safely say DST dropped the ball on this one.

The "Boxing Gear" Rocky does not come with a separate hair piece. I'm stuck having to use the hairpiece that has the hood from his robe. This is absolutely stupid and I cannot believe DST would make a slip up like this especially advertising the removal of the robe on the actual product's box.

Wow, that's bunk. I guess that explains why Rocky had a Superman hair piece in the pic that dukelyon posted.

Thanks for the pics Brandon!

Asylumdude, do the ST minimates have "flesh color" painted necks or are they the same color as their shirts (ie: blue, yellow, red)?

They do have flesh colored painted necks.

asylumdude have you e-mailed customer services about lack off hair piece.

I'm pretty sure Brandon is saying that an additional hairpiece for Rocky wasn't part of the set not that it's missing from his.

Fujis is correct. I am saying the separate hairpiece isn't part of the set. There was no empty spot in the plastic for where the hairpiece might have been. It looks as though it simply was not included which is both odd and disappointing.

- Brandon

Hey AsylumDude.

Good to see you posting :)

As for the Rocky set, that sucks! It seems odd it would have been shown with and then shipped without. I agree some 'mail-away' to get the missing hairpiece would be a nice solution.

I'll email DST and ask what happened.

T.

can we see more pics of other rock charchtwers?

Sure! Let me run some errands real quick and when I get back I will post several individual character shots and close-ups for you guys. I'll post a few hi-res images too. Maybe you'll want to use it as your desktop wallpaper I dunno.

- Brandon

Hey AsylumDude.

Good to see you posting :)

As for the Rocky set, that sucks! It seems odd it would have been shown with and then shipped without. I agree some 'mail-away' to get the missing hairpiece would be a nice solution.

I'll email DST and ask what happened.

T.

cool i've e-mailed them too probably have to wait till monday for a response though

im still deciding wether or not to bother picking up the trek ones, im not a trekie or even a follower of the show (i do watch episodes of the original on g4 now and then..), but they do look really cool to get!

i will hopefully get the rocky, but not for a while

im still deciding wether or not to bother picking up the trek ones, im not a trekie or even a follower of the show (i do watch episodes of the original on g4 now and then..), but they do look really cool to get!

i will hopefully get the rocky, but not for a while

The Trek Minis are nice - I definitely recommend them -

I just gotta know... is the Orion slave girl going commando?

Given recent events - goin' Britney might be more appropriate

Thanks for the pics Brandon, I agree it sucks badly that there's no seperate hairpiece for boxing rocky. He's more of a minimate statue when you add the robe. Customisers are going to love that hooded headpiece though. I can see Darth Vader and Stormies being made by the ton with that.