UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are you missing?

hyejinx1984

Since we all seem to be pretty avid buyers, I was wondering what you guys were down? For me, it's...

o Bullseye & Unmasked Daredevil

o The Thing & Unmasked Dr. Doom

o Power House Thing & Sue Richards

o Thing & Transparent Invisible Woman

o Patch & Lady Deathstrike

o New X-Men Cyclops & White Queen

o New X-Men Cyclops & Transparent Emma Frost

o Spider-Carnage & Spider-Woman I

o Firestar & Clear Iceman

o Captain America & Nick Fury

o Colossus & Days of Future Past Wolverine

o Daredevil & Ghost Rider (Target Exclusive)

DAMN. I didn't realize I was down by 12 2-packs... shittie...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only buy the variants that appeal to me, so I imagine that I have quite the list of Marvel Minimates that I'm "missing." The only Marvel ones that I don't have and would like to pick up sometime are Phasing Sue Storm and Mariko, and those are just "maybes."

For non-Marvels, I'd probably like the repaint M Bison/Chun Li, but again "maybe."

Amusingly the only thing I'm "missing" is the WWLA Spidey 3 preview pack.

I picked up over a dozen of these sets for members and posted em all off, I was one set short so sent the set I bought for myself thinking that it would be ok because they will be the same as the 'waves' released.

I was totally bummed at SDCC to hear Donna say that the ones in the 'waves' will be slightly different due to the need to change some stuff for a larger scale production run.

Grumble...

T.

I just started collecting minimates this past may, I only collect Marvel & DC mates. I have all the DC mates, but I'm missing quite a few marvel:

Wave 1:

Yellow Daredevil

Black Elektra

Kingpin

Wave 2:

Black Suit Spider Man

Venom

Battle Damaged Spider Man

Wave 4:

Unmasked Daredevil

Gwen Stacey

Wave 5:

Captain America

Absorbing Man

Unmasked Doom

Wave 6:

New Jean Grey

Wave 7:

Spider Man 2099

J. Jonah Jameson/Chameleon

Wave 9:

Punisher

Wave 10:

Spider Carnage

Black Spider Woman

Wave 11:

Every one of them :(

Wave 12:

Nick Fury

Other than that, I'm missing a few exclusives:

-Thanos

-Super Skrull

-Magento

-Dr. Xavier

-Battle Damaged Captain America

I believe that's it, but for collecting for only about 3 months, I guess that's not too shabby

Marvel: Nothing. Well... except for Gold/Silver/Santa Spideys... but I don't exactly count them amongst the regular line. As far as normal Marvel goes though, I have everything that has yet been released, including all variants & exclusives.

Maximates: Don't have these though... too much damn money... need me a job or a good deal...

C3: Batcopter, Mini-Javelin & Flash Mini-Flyer. (Like everyone else... though on the plus side, I do have the Superman flyer.)

DC: Tons of crap... I've never been a huge DC fan, save Batman, so I only really pick up the Batman sets, and miscellaneous other sets with characters I like in them. (Like Power Girl & Dr. Fate for instance, because I wanted Power Girl... I have no idea who Dr. Fate is.) I may get the rest someday, when I find a job, but right now I can't afford them. (PS. Incase you wondered why then I have most of the C3 sets, a, Most of them -were- Batman, b, I got most of them dirt cheap when Tower Records, Toys R Us, and Target all clearanced them off at the same time. Mini-Flyers we're $1.99, ranging all the way to the Batcave which was $9.99. I think the only sets I paid retail for were the Batglider (Because I love Catwoman) and the Superman Mini-Flyer (Because I found him before the markdowns, and I knew he was rarer.))

BSG: Haven't bought any, don't watch the show. I kinda want some for parts to play with, but i'm in no hurry. I DO however, want some classic Cylons, because they remind me of a scene from Beverly Hills Cop 3.

Street Fighter: Have Everything but Shin Akuma and Evil Ryu... I missed them, and they're never on ebay anymore. (PS. I want Series 2! I NEED Felicia and Blanka!!!)

LotR: Gimli is the only major character I need... I am missing a few random Orc grunts as well though.

Indy: Have them all... they weren't exactly hard to collect...

Old 3" Stuff: Don't collect it. Started with Marvel, and the mis-matched sizes not being compatible, I really have no desire for 3". (Even 2.5", I'm not nuts about... got all these cool LotR pieces that don't fit my mates...)

hmm interesting topic... heres my input....

marvel: Frosted Iceman, Peter Parker, Mary Jane, X3 Phoenix, J Jonah Jameson, Spiderman 3 preview mates, and the Maximates

DC: havent gotten around to buying wave 3 or 4 yet...

BSG: no dice... not fan of the show, so i aint buyen the mates

Indy: got all 4 of them.... twice *woopy* <_<

Street Fighter: not missen any of 'em.... wish they come out with wave 2 already... i NEED my favourite SF character in minimate form...... DAN HIBIKI!!! :D

LOTR: Sauron, twilight frodo and the weathertop aragorn

im catching up something fierce

i only collect marvel,dc, and street fighter

marvel:

wave one:all

wave two:carnage,black spidey,peter/spidey,venom/w tounge

wave three:all

Wave fourUnmasked Spider-Man & Dr.octopus

oh god im still missing more?...to ebay!!!

I have all versions of all Spidey villains, Torment Spidey, Black Cat, and Ben Reilly.

Oh, and Silver Surfer.

But no one else.

Just started.

I'm about to startexpanding my Minimates beyong Spidey, but I'm not sure whether to startwith the X-Men or the Avengers next.

Now that I have all my Spider-Mates I can be pretty easy about getting whoever I want.

I only get marvel, dc/c3 and when they come out the movie waves so all i need is

Marvel

=====

Black spidey

Silver spidey

Gold spidey

Black Elektra

Managed to get everything else i think, even the blue suit prof x and slightly blue iceman!! :thumbsup:

DC/C3

=====

Mini Javelin

Batcopter

Large batwing and batmobile (they are not hard to find, just cant be bothered with paying all that for 1 mate!)

Again, got everything else!

Well chuffed, taken me about 2 years i think in total.

Well, I started with getting my mates in the "Toys R Us" five packs, so I snagged Rhino and Grey Hulk early. Since, I have managed to collect all the Marvel Mates. Except wave 2 Black Spidy. He is the only one I have not gotten. Granted, I avoided the two-packs initially, but that doesn't really count, right? I think that I have all of the Target variants too.

For other mates, I am missing:

C3: The elusive Flash and Superman mini-flyers ;)

DC: Nothing, I even have the John Stewart Green Lantern

LOTR: Nothing

Indy: See above :biggrin:

Street Fighter: Same answer. Although, remind me again why I need three versions of EVERY SF character. :down:

BSG: I don't watch the show, so I am not going into this one whole heartedly. I got the modern cylon case and I picked up the red six and cylon 2-pack from wave 1. I was thinking about getting the sets with the green fatigue characters, so I could make an anti-mutant military unit. But finances have not exactly allowed for that as of yet. :blush:

Maximates: I started collecting Marvel Legends so that I could have a scaled Sentinel and Galactus. I also have a large Giant Man now to round out MY Avengers :biggrin:

I cannot wait to get more mates. I have ordered all six of the BTTF mates from BTTF.com. I really want these!

Im amazed you guys know what you are missing. I started with all 3 toys r us 5 packs for free and built from there. Ive always been about characters so I passed on a lot of varients unless I like the costumes. So Id say I have most of the characters, with the exception of:

J jonah jameson

all of wave 11 of marvel(I was really disappointed by the lack of a jacket with rogue, but Ill still get them.)

the leader

gwen stacy

and black costume spider-woman

So I guess Im doing well on those. Only varient I really really want is the classic punsisher set and battle damaged cap. there are some other exclusives Id like but they are all varients. I have mary jane, giant size x-men, thanos, magneto and chuck, iron fist and power man, and probably more I cant think of.

I have all the dc out so far, and a well paying job so catching up is the name of my game now with other stuff i want. I got all the characters for dc and c3 including john stuart except cassandra cain batgirl which I never saw and justice lords superman.

I bought BSG for my mom, since she introduced me to the show and I want her to own more toys, and I bought all the streetfighter and lord of the rings 1st wave, got the TRU lord of the ring varient sets too.

Only non comic mates Im missing and really want are Mr T (which my video game store has glued to the register) and street fighter series 2. Fun thread idea

I'm missing a fair amount...

* Black Elektra

* Black Spider-Man (of course)

* Carnage

* Visorless Cyclops

* Transparent Invisible Woman

* Ronin

* Raft Sentry

* DotFP Wolverine

* Darktide Quartet (will probably be buying very soon)

* Astonishing Emma and Cyclops (will probably be buying very soon)

* Astonishing Colossus and Wolverine (will probably be buying very soon)

* Thanos

* Blue Professor X

* Tongue Venom

* Transparent Phoenix

* Ultimate Green Goblin

* Movie Spider-Man 2-pack (will these be identical to the upcoming ones?)

And if we want to get very, very technical, I'm missing Surfer with C3 feet, and Ghost Rider with the lighter flame from the 10 pack and all three minimates that came with Ultimate Avengers 2. Not too concerned about any of those. I also never bothered with the maximates. And of course, no Santa, Gold or Silver Spidey.

And my comic store had the DD/GM zombie two-pack today, so I was psyched that I didn't have to order them from the internet.

I basically only collect Dcd and Marvel I had purchased some C3 but stopped when the dcd started.

Dc I need John Stewart.

Mavels I'm missing is blue suit Prof.X/dark Phoenix and slightly blue frosted Ice Man and who ever he comes with. I need whoever they come with because I don't open.

Also I don't have silver/gold Spidey or Santa Spidey I've written off gold/silver but I wouldn't mind Santa Spidey.

I'm missing so much...

(Series 2)

- Venom & Battle Damaged Spider-Man

(Series 3)

- Ultimate Wolverine & Sabretooth

- Ultimate Jean Grey & Cyclops

(Series 5)

- Captain America & Absorbing Man

- Civilian Logan & Juggernaut

- Thing & Doctor Doom

(Series 6)

- Gamma Hulk & The Leader

- Ghost Rider & Iron Man

- CHASE: Stealth Iron Man

(Series 11)

- CHASE: Ice Man

(Series 12)

- Riot-Attack Spider-Man & Ronin

- New Avengers Captain America & Nick Fury

- New Avengers Luke Cage & Sentry

- CHASE: Imprisoned Sentry

(Series 13)

- Astonishing X-Men Cyclops & Emma Frost

- Astonishing X-Men Kitty Pryde & Beast

- Astonishing X-Men Colossus & Wolverine

- CHASE: Days of Future Past Wolverine

(Series 14)

- X:Men The Last Stand Storm & Colossus

- X:Men The Last Stand Beast & Juggernaut

- X:Men The Last Stand Wolverine & Jean Grey

- CHASE: Phoenix

2003 Exclusives

- Silver Surfer

2004 Exclusives

- Clobberin' Time Thing & Super Skrull

2005 Exclusives

- Santa Spider-Man

Target

Nightcrawler/Colossus

Professor X/ Dark Phoenix

I'm pretty good on older waves, so the sum total of Marvel Mates I'm missing are:

(Series 14)

- X:Men The Last Stand Storm & Colossus

- X:Men The Last Stand Beast & Juggernaut

- X:Men The Last Stand Wolverine & Jean Grey

- CHASE: Phoenix

Exclusives

- Spider-Man Gold

- Santa Spider-Man

- Spider-Man Silver

- Classic Spider-Man Box Set

Let's see :geek: I'm missing:

NO VISOR CYCLOPS/ JEAN GREY

UNMASKED DAREDEVIL/ BULLSEYE

ULTIMATE AVENGERS 2 DVD W/ IRON MAN (FOUND THE OTHER 2 :lol: )

GIANT SIZE X-MEN BOX SET

TARGET

NIGHTCRAWLER/ COLOSSUS

PROFESSOR X/ DARK PHOENIX

C3'S ALL

OF COURSE:

SANTA SPIDEY

SILVER SPIDERMAN

GOLD SPIDERMAN

BSG: I JUST LIKE THE CYLONS CLASSIC AND MODERN, SO I HAVE THOSE.

DC: HAL JORDAN/STAR SAPPIRE

BATGIRL/BANE

YEAH I THINK THATS IT..

HOPEFULLY I FIND THE MAJORITY OF IT :unsure: I JUST HAVE TO KEEP MY EYES AND EARS OPEN.

I am missing so much it would be way easier to post what I actually have. But I really can't be bothered to think about it all. lol.

Wait, that's real? That's not a costum? AA actually made a Captain Britain Mini-Mate???? When did this happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? It was a solo figure, not two-packed with anything?

It was a 2-pack but was packed alone. I am missing that one as well actually. You're right though its not a costum but it might be a superb custom.