UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Wave 5 Brought Forward

AdyCarter

DC Direct has their stuff in order so well they can actually move release dates forward, while the Marvel waves get pushed back months at a time. Yet again DC tops the Marvel waves. And I prefer Marvel, but it's getting harder and harder to ignore this stuff....

I'm always happy to have me some Mates ahead of schedule.

What's funny is thanks to you guys, I usually know more than the LCS I buy from on the status of the releases. For instance, I could walk in the day teh DC Mates are released and unless the owner is working, they won't have any idea if the mates are there.

And this is after they have unpacked everything and started to fill hold slots.

And they keep telling me the DC mates are selling really well, so they buy a bunch (because all the owner could talk about was how poorly the Marvel Mates sold in the last year or so, before the first DC wave).

Nice people, but not always on top of things.

What were we talking about again? :blink:

Yay thats great news, so will they be in the UK on Sept 6th?

JAG2045

Should be. Emphasis on should. It's been a bit random when we get them over here. Best way is to speak to your local comic shop

Take care,

Jo

Yay thats great news, so will they be in the UK on Sept 6th?

JAG2045

Should be. Emphasis on should. It's been a bit random when we get them over here. Best way is to speak to your local comic shop

Take care,

Jo

in my experiance dc come out when they say they do in america and the UK (well a day later) unlike everything diamond select put out there :angry2:

in my experiance dc come out when they say they do in america and the UK (well a day later) unlike everything diamond select put out there :angry2:

That's true - Winkerbean's LCS are very good at getting them in at a good price. All I have is a Forbidden Planet, which haven't had ANY DC mates at all.

Ever.

Plenty of places online as well if you're stuck locally.

Jo

I love hearing about a wave coming early!! The only news better than that is just the news of the wave in the first place. They are doing a great job of balancing anticipation and excitement over new waves. Waves come early, Prototypes for future waves appear regularly, and the selection is outstanding.. DCD is doing it right.