UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Jcastick's Customs

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

The light is actually my first attempt at installing an LED inside a mate.

It was just a small contraption from inside a McDonalds Bionicle toy.

Vengeance has a "powerpack" to make the light work, but I did make it removeable.

I made a small hole in his back and glue the light right inside.

I can take a few pics of his face later on and post them, just based it off of the original GhostRider mate and

just added a few extra details to it.

VERY awesome dude :D

lol i was planning to make a vangeace a few weeks ago too but i didnt had the parts^^;

i tryed to make him in a 2.5 body but it didnt work out that good

I really wanted to get the light somewhat contained within the figure.....but the set-up that it started with was rather bulky and I did shrink it down a bit, yet still somewhat bulk.

The Mate all in all turned out good, but I need to work on getting smaller LED's and practicing more with them :)

Veangeance is awesome!!!! :teehee:

Awesome work on Vengeance. I've been toying with the idea of light up mates for a while, and even attempted one (poorly) with Locutus of Borg. But after seeing what you've accomplished here, plus some of the trails that have been blazed elsewhere on the forums, I may try getting back on the horse. I'm wondering what it will take to make the light travel through the whole figure.

Well for those interested in the face, here is a close-up:

Vengeanceface.jpg

drgnrbrn316: When I started the custom, I was using an entirly clear figure. Where I have the light installed, it did indeed go through the whole figure. But I really only wanted the light to come through the chest and top of the head, but except for the waist down, it is all clear.

I have the light installed between where the peg in the legs is and the top of the torso in the back.

s3500215.jpg

In my opinion, this was a really bulky set up for a light, and I am sure that they sell much smaller ones that can be hidden better within the figure (I think TBT made a cyclopes with the light in the head, and looked fully hidden)

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...c=16&st=84#

The ribs were interesting.......

and I'm trying to remember which went where, but I believe it went like this:

Top Row - Legolas Hair Strands

Middle Row - bottom of a Clear Frodo hair piece, cut in half and shaped

Bottom Row - Kabuki Crescent Moon blade, cut in half

Was actually harder to find those type of shapes in existing minimates pieces then to make the entire custom! LOL

And i ALMOST sculpted the fangs on the face, but thought against it....to me, i think this turned out better.

In my opinion, this was a really bulky set up for a light, and I am sure that they sell much smaller ones that can be hidden better within the figure (I think TBT made a cyclops with the light in the head, and looked fully hidden)

If the light is small enough and the wiring and battery parts easy enough to install, I don't think it would be a huge undertaking.

Yes it's do-able, the whole light(in the head)/battery/switch was contained within the body of Cyke but it barely fit and I did cheat a little, if you look at the pix you'll see I lengthened the body with a belt and had to remove the Crotch post so lose 2 points of articulation, the other being the neck which becomes a switch to get everything to fit. I had to crack out the soldering iron & build a simple light circuit from scratch as anything that was premade wasnt small enough or robust enough to work inside the confines of a 2" body.

I just fixed up my Cyke and posted some pix of him 'guts out' in my custom thread. (BTW I hope I dont get in trouble hijacking your thread J.C. but a few peeps have asked lately.)

BTW I'm glad you made the effort with those ribs it was totally worth it the figure looks great :)

T.

Thanks TBT, i'm glad they came out the way they did, cause I was running out of Any type of pieces that looked remotely close! lol

And I don't the little hijacking, it's helping other customizers with their stuff as well :)

Yeah, alot of the pics I found of him had him in Purple.....kinda like the original Ghost Rider Mate.

I just wanted him to look different clothing wise to Rider.

No, no, I mean the bones are purple. Aren't they?

I think his appearance really depends on artist interpretation. While the most common version seems to be a purple skull with fire engulfing pretty much everything else but his clothes, he has appeared as white with the bones protruding from his chest. In fact, I've seen the Marvel Legends figure portrayed with both white and purple bones, though one of them could have just been an earlier prototype.