UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Jcastick's Customs

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reideen: I have been using either Twilight Frodo or Clear Iceman.

Then all I do is carefully scrape off the paint from them and Voila!! - instant clear Mate :)

I'm hoping to get a few more pics of Phoenix in the daylight.....hope they turn out better.

I recently picked up another clear Frodo and I'm thinking of a custom.

If you don't mind, what paint are you using on these for the body and still retain their translucent qualities? Is it just really thin acrylics?

Actually, to get the color on the clear mate, All i use are Sharpie brand Markers!

Darker colors you may have to do a few passes because you'll miss some spots....and be sure to do it in good lighting so you don't miss areas.

Rainbow colors aren't difficult to get on, but Black is a bit more difficult and tends to remove itself when putting it on.......black takes a bit of time, but the colors apply nicely.

Hope that helps!

Actually, to get the color on the clear mate, All i use are Sharpie brand Markers!

Darker colors you may have to do a few passes because you'll miss some spots....and be sure to do it in good lighting so you don't miss areas.

Rainbow colors aren't difficult to get on, but Black is a bit more difficult and tends to remove itself when putting it on.......black takes a bit of time, but the colors apply nicely.

Hope that helps!

Definately does! And it'll save me some time! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The helmet is a Twilight Frodo hair piece, I trimmed off some of the side and the parts of the hair that was sticking out. Then cut the bottom of the back off and glued it up front, I was surprised to find out that the piece I cut off fit up front quite nicely without modification.

If I can find an easily accessible Blacklight, I'll definately take some pics of it.

The helmet is a Twilight Frodo hair piece, I trimmed off some of the side and the parts of the hair that was sticking out. Then cut the bottom of the back off and glued it up front, I was surprised to find out that the piece I cut off fit up front quite nicely without modification.

If I can find an easily accessible Blacklight, I'll definately take some pics of it.

thats what i thought the hat was made from.. i wanted to try doing the black light with my Captain Marvell custom but could never come up with the blacklight to do it.. plus my Capn. isnt as see through as your Tron is.

But bravo on a tough mate to tackle.

They do sell some decently cheap Blacklights at Spencer gifts......I may try one of those some day.

And I wanted to try and fit all the details on the Circuitry on Tron, but as there was being so much...I had to simplify it a bit since I really don't think I could have fit them all on the mate.

I need to see if I can find some Fine point paint pens, I would probably be able to put details like that one characters alot better.

And thanks for all the comments guys!! :)

TRON really is a fine piece of work. It was pure inspiration how you worked out the helmet. There aren't enough transparent or translucent minimates. Only common ones are Twilight Frodo and Gamma Hulk. Sure there are some clear parts hidden under layers of paint (such as Firestar's hair), and the less common Johnny Storm, Sue Richards, Super Skrull, Invisible Woman, and Emma Frost, but there just isn't enough transparent characters. Vision, Wonder Man, Dr Strange, Venom, heck, even Spider-Man has gone invisible. Where are all these guys at?

Still, I'm glad to see you find a way to make a totally new character from an existing one, and it was pure genius to light him up as you did.

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words!

My favorite characters have been the translucent ones, and I really wish they would make more of them.

I'm really excited about the upcoming Dark Phoenix figure, but still more would be cool.

but, with the new wave of slighty more common Iceman figures around, I'd like to try and make as many of these types of figures as possible.

• 1 month later...