UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2007 MinimateMultiverse PHOTO HUNT Contest

TBT!

MiniMateMultiverse Picture hunt...2007

Thanks to the nice guys at DST and the SciFi channel We have 10 pairs of DST 'Hunt'& 'SciFi'Cylon minimates to give away.

Rather than just randomly hand out the 'Hunt and Cylon' minimates we wanted to do something a little bit more interactive and hopefully fun, we had to work for ours so why shouldn't you?

There will be prizes of a pair of hunt/cylon minimates awarded for the Five highest scoring entries(one point per photo).

The remaining Five prizes of a pair of hunt/cylon of minimates will be awarded by the judges for the pictures or entries that we think show some humor, creativity or simple artsyness.

Also To add a little extra spice we've come up with a special first place prize for the person who completes the most challenges, this 'winners package' includes a rare and hard to find series 2 "Black Spidey" pack and a bag containing at least 12 hard to find "Promo MiniMates" such as the 'Cylon Elf', '2005 Retailer summit' and '2005 Toyfair' minimates.

So what do you have to do?

Firstly you need to read the rules below then create a unique Mini-Team-Mate who will be your buddy for all of your pictures. This can be as simple just a headswap, we just want you to have a unique minimate for your pictures. To register for the contest you must post a picture of your "Mini-Team-Mate" in this thread by 18th August 2007.

Below is a list of 30 Challenges that we want you to take, these range from fairly easy to slightly wacky. Be creative, have fun and I think they should all be possible fairly easily.

All entries are to be submitted by email to minimatecontest@gmail.com

The contest starts NOW and ends on Friday the 31st August at Midnight EST.

The challenges

1. Picture of your minimate at a famous tourist site.

2. Picture of your minimate defying gravity.

3. Picture of you and your minimate buying minimates.

4. Picture of you and or your minimate dressed as pimps.

5. Picture of your minimate acting like the ruler of the world.

6. Picture of your minimate dancing with another non minimate toy.

7. Picture of your minimate with a real animal.

8. Picture of your minimate reenacting a scene from a movie or tv show that is a minimate license.

9. Picture of your minimate pretending to be at comic con.

10. Picture of a minimate that looks like you.

11. Picture of your minimate with as many other minimates as you can get into the picture.

12. Picture of you and your minimate riding theme park ride.

13. Picture of your minimate frozen in block of ice.(The bigger the block of ice the better!)

14. Picture of your minimate with a genuine minimate advertisement.

15. Picture of your minimate with something really.. really.. really.. big

16. Picture of your minimate playing a videogame.

17. Picture of your minimate flying in a aeroplane.

18. Picture of your minimate at work or school with you.

19. Picture of your minimate between someone's toes.

20. Picture of your minimate picketing target to stock more minimates.

21. Picture of your minimate with a town sign.

22. Picture of you and your minimate sharing an icecream.

23. Picture of your minimate playing a boardgame with several other toys.

24. Picture of your minimate with a pretty girl.

25. Picture of your minimate in a seasonal costume.

26. Picture of your minimate online at the multiverse.

27. Picture of you and your minimate posing as statues.

28. Picture of your minimate and a giant rubberband ball.

29. Picture of your minimate hiding from the camera...part of the mate must still be seen.

30. Picture of your minimate chilling out after all of these Pictures.

~Bonus#6: Picture of your minimate going crazy with a highlighter.~

RULES:

By entering the contest you are confirming you have read and agree to the following rules.

1. MinimateMultiverse takes no responsibility or liability for any broken laws, damage or general mayhem caused in the process of getting these photos. You shouldn't need to but If you want to do something dodgy to get these pictures then you are totally on your own.

2. No Photoshop etc. These pictures need to be taken and submitted 'as is', any signs of photoshop will mean disqualification.

3. Only one picture per challange should be submitted.

4. All entries must be submitted by email and any images posted here or at any other site before the contest ends will be voided from the contest. (We want to keep it fun and make you take your own pictures not have other people steal your ideas)

5. Any entries that we do not receive either due to timing or technical issues are not the responsibility of Minimatemultiverse.

6. In the event of a tie for first place the Judges will take into consideration artistic and entertainment value to decide the winner.

7. The judges decisions are final and not subject to appeal.

8. MinimateMultiverse had the right to change the contest or rules at any time. This includes but is not limited to the completion date and prize package.

Well have at it guys... I'm looking forward to seeing these and hope you all have fun playing along.

If you have any questions etc then shoot TBT! a PM and he'll try to clarify rules or interpretations.

T.

Here's my little "buddy"

cc3.jpg

He's already threatened to kill me twice and we just started. Oh joy this is going to be fun *rolleyes*

---

Okay, I have a question. You said no photoshops. Does that mean no photo manipulation of any kind. For example. I assume using a stock photo of an iceberg and then photoshopping your mate into it for question 13 would be off limits. However, what if I cropped something out, just just used paint to make a black bar across it? Also, even shrinking the photo or cleaning it up could construe as photo manipulation. And what about splicing several photos together? What if you didn't take them? What if you have the phototaker's permission?

I'm sorry, not trying to be a pain in the butt (losing as usual), but can I get a little more clarification on that rule?

I'd prefer these sorts of questions to be PM'd so as not to clutter up the thread but seeing as I'm likely to get a lot of similar questions on this subject I'll answer this one here.

Okay, I have a question. You said no photoshops. Does that mean no photo manipulation of any kind. For example. I assume using a stock photo of an iceberg and then photoshopping your mate into it for question 13 would be off limits.

Correct. The idea is that we are looking for you to take the photo and present it "As it was the moment it was taken", the no photoshop rule is there to put the emphasis on creativity not computer skills. The idea is to get you guys to actually do this stuff not just sit at your PC with an image library.

However, what if I cropped something out, just just used paint to make a black bar across it?

We'll allow cropping, but only to frame the image.

Also, even shrinking the photo or cleaning it up could construe as photo manipulation. And what about splicing several photos together?

We're looking for unedited photo's. people are not going to get extra points for stuff that's cleaned up, so there's no point in doing so.

Under the 'as is' ruling "splicing several images" is a definite NO-NO.

What if you didn't take them? What if you have the phototaker's permission?

You need your mate to be in but one of the all of the pictures, Therefore you're very likely to be the one taking the pictures anyway. If you have someone else take the picture then it should be specifically for this contest.

oh and in case people are thinking of pooling images... that's going to be frowned upon too, do your own work :)

If anyone has any doubts about what sort of images we are looking for go look at the thread for the DST HUNT and the pictures posted there (links below), all are unedited and were posted directly from the camera.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=45334

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=45705

T.

does it has to be a character u made or can it be like a excisting character like say.....venom AND if it is does it has to be made by the person that enters the competition?

I needs to be a unique minimate for the contest, so no 'out of the packet/production mates' anything else is fair game. For example if you're feeling lazy you could in theory just have venom with a swapped out carnages head if you wanted to.

The reason for the unique mate is to give you someything to bond with for the duration of the contest and also to help us when it comes to judging that the picture was taken specifically for the contest.

T.

FOLKS...

To stop the thread just getting cluttered about this interpretation or that... PLEASE PM me with questions if you have them about specific challenges!

I'll reply to you PM Aapje. :)

BTW some of the Challenges were intentionally vague to give you guys wriggle room in completing them.

If the wording for the challenge does or even doesn't specifically say something then you might be able to take advantage of it, it's all in the interpretation and we want to encourage creative thinking.

T.

i have some more questions about the challenges

The challenges

14. Picture of your minimate with a genuine minimate advert.

15. Picture of your minimate with something really.. really.. really.. big

20. Picture of your minimate picketing target to stock more minimates.

24. Picture of your minimate with a pretty girl.

26. Picture of your minimate online at the multiverse.

14: whats a advent?

15: will a person do?

20: holland doesnt have stores like target that stock minimates well maybe some comic stores but no normal stores so how do i do that?

24: can i be in it?

26: what do u mean with that? as a member or like a custom?

im a pain in the @$$ with all my questions am i :P

hey uh the 31st of august is a friday,i would no its my birthday

OK thanks for catching that... It's edited to say FRIDAY 31st.

T.

im gonna go with deadpool DSCN0884.jpg but i just replaced one arm with a doom arm but with his normal hand but thats just a small difference it wont matter much will it?

Guys.... Ok call me compulsively tidy but this thread is getting cluttered and I'd like to keep it clear for just the MiniHuntmate posting and official updates on the hunt, such as any clarifications to the rules or other info I think you might need!

I've asked the mods to remove all the posts that dont fit into the above catagories.

I've started another thread for generic chit chat about the contest and you can talk about pretty much any aspect of the contest in there.

Please dont be upset If you had a post deleted it's not personal it's just housekeeping ;)

T.

He's tougher than Wolverine. More resourceful than MacGyver. Trained in the deadly arts by Mr.Miyagi himself. Smarter than Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor, Gorilla Grodd, and Stephen Hawking........ COMBINED!!!!!!

I present my partner in crime (hopefully not actual crime, but hey whatever it takes to win right) Matthew Nails.

hunt003.jpg

I will be entering with my Symbiote Spider-man, made by Graham.

BlackSpidey2.jpg