UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 9 Guesses

comedian

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is wave 8 is the finish line for DC.

There's absolutely no reason at all to think that. This is how the rumor about Marvel being dead started. There's no good reason to even consider that DC is done.

Actually the rumor for Marvel started because DST lost the license, then had to renegotiate for minimates ;)

T.

p.s. I dont get a warm and fuzzy feeling that DCD doesn't have any new mates on show either!

Impossible. The Marvel line has continued despite a year in between the releases of waves 13 and 14 not to mention cancellations of entire waves. Toy Fair starts today and the next convention is Wizard World LA in March. If we don't see new waves here I'm sure they start to show up on the WW circuit; however I imagine the next few waves will show up shortly.

Impossible. The Marvel line has continued despite a year in between the releases of waves 13 and 14 not to mention cancellations of entire waves. Toy Fair starts today and the next convention is Wizard World LA in March. If we don't see new waves here I'm sure they start to show up on the WW circuit; however I imagine the next few waves will show up shortly.

DCD doesn't usually do the WW circuit, so it's here or SDCC.

T.

There isn't a heck of a lot new they are showing right now anyway. I'm hoping that as the show goes on, they bring out some new announcements. I can't remember if they do that traditionally. I'd have to put at least decent odds on it though just because they only thing I saw picture wise that I didn't know about were the 13 inch GL figures.

I don't think the Mates line is over for DC Direct. They beat Pocket Heroes till it was a dead mule after all.

Unless DC Direct is having problems/being re-organized or something, ala the Archives program.

Ugh.

*There will be a wave 9, there will be a wave 9, there will be a wave 9, there will be a wave 9*

p.s. I dont get a warm and fuzzy feeling that DCD doesn't have any new mates on show either!

Wait, you don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling, or you don't get a feeling there will be any new mates on show? I wouldn't think not seeing new mates would give me a warm and fuzzy feeling...

I'm so confused... :tongue:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past DCD to "quit while they're ahead" on a line – they did it with the Alex Ross Justice figures, and I think people would have kept buying those until every single DCU character, along with every other fictional and non-fictional human being in existence, was produced in that style.

However, they did give people fair warning that line was ending – they said something like "the final chapter to this extremely popular line" in the solicit copy. We haven't heard anything like that yet about wave 8.

Wait, you don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling, or you don't get a feeling there will be any new mates on show? I wouldn't think not seeing new mates would give me a warm and fuzzy feeling...

All of the Above... ;)

Grammer Sphamerr!

T.

I read this,then re-read it. I then re-wrote & re-read it to myself re-writing it without the double-negative. Once re-written I decided to post a reply. I read my proposed reply & promptly re-read it ,re-wrote it & decided that I was f**king wasting my time anyhow!. So Timbo...... do you or don't you even if they do or don't ? :woot:

I read this,then re-read it. I then re-wrote & re-read it to myself re-writing it without the double-negative. Once re-written I decided to post a reply. I read my proposed reply & promptly re-read it ,re-wrote it & decided that I was f**king wasting my time anyhow!. So Timbo...... do you or don't you even if they do or don't ? :woot:

Maybe ;)

T.

Maybe ;)

T.

Oohhh... My head...

Vig