UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 9 Guesses

comedian

I actually predicted somewhere else that there would be a Batwoman/Question two-pack, so I'm proud of myself.

Anyhoo...

What I'd like to see:

Robin (OYL) and Wonder Girl (OYL)

Black Canary and Red Arrow

Darkseid and Orion

Alan Scott and Solomon Grundy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just have a general list of people i think will be coming up:

for sure:

black canary

solomon grundy

beast boy

starman (current jsa version)

black adam

black mary marvel

two face

some kind of elseworlds batman (red rain, gotham by gaslight)

wonder girl

kingdom come superman and wonder woman

most likely soon:

lady shiva

hush

donna troy

alan scott gl

cyclone

huntress

for those of you who are hoping that a superboy figure will be made soon, you are going to have to wait until after dc and the siegel family settle their lawsuit.

for those of you who are hoping that a superboy figure will be made soon, you are going to have to wait until after dc and the siegel family settle their lawsuit.

Does that cover even the modern era Superboy? Either the bowl cut w/ glasses or black T and jeans? I loved that bowl cut. almost as much as the damnable mullet on Superman.

Wait, there's a new lawsuit?

not a new one...the same one is ongoing. as far as i know, it covers any type of incarnation of superboy...although i think they could get away with it if they called him something else, like if conner had been called "superman-as-a-teen-hero-person."

check out this:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2007/08/16/whats...about-superboy/

Adam Strange/ Elongated Man (or Atom)

Two-Face/Comissioner Gordon

Alan Scott GL/Solomon Grundy

Orion/Darkseid

This is waaay too great for DC to make as a legitimate wave.

If this were the real wave, people would sponteanously combust from glee

we would have to have plastic surgery to remove the smiles from our effing faces.

we would be whistling zippity do dah out of our assholes.

I smell something obscure like J. Hexx, or Kamandi The last boy on earth. and while i would give a my left nut for a two face, I really want to see a plastic man

(wow I am working blue tonight)

Wait, there's a new lawsuit?

not a new one...the same one is ongoing. as far as i know, it covers any type of incarnation of superboy...although i think they could get away with it if they called him something else, like if conner had been called "superman-as-a-teen-hero-person."

check out this:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2007/08/16/whats...about-superboy/

At lease Superboy can live on in my City of Heroes creation: Vox El - kind of a cross between 2 different Superboy costumes.. haha

Edit: heh, s'what i get for not reading the whole thread before posting. Didn't realize the superboy legal issue had already been pointed out.

anyhow my "wouldn't it be swell if we got..." list;

Kyle Rayner (or even Ion really)

Mr. Terrific

Red-costume (current) Robin

The Atom!!

Elongated Man

Black Canary

Blue Devil!! (i'd REALLY like to see a full Shadowpact team, but i'd settle for Blue Devil)

ETRIGAN!!!!

I strongly suspect however, that we'll see some of the more prominent Countdown characters... Jason Todd, Donna Troy, Black Adam or Black Mary (or both), maybe even a Monitor (that'd be pretty neat)... filled out with some more current Justice Leaguers like Red Arrow or Vixen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, longtime reader,first time posting. How about Jim Gordon/Alfred Pennyworth,and then some classic Flash villians..like Reverse Flash (does he only run backwards?) and Mirror Master, and then Captain Cold and Boomerang? Would also love to see Two-Face and Mr. Freeze. What do ya think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll try my ideas in, along with reasons why...

Beast Boy/Terra:

Since Wave 7 has Starfire/Nightwing and Wave 8 has Cyborg/Raven, this pair is a shoo-in if they're doing two Titans related characters per wave. Maybe we'll get Donna Troy/Kid Flash in Wave 10 if it comes true to complete a New Teen Titans team.

Black Canary(modern)/Huntress:

A Birds of Prey duo makes sense, plus it would be dang cool. Plus it makes way for a second wheelchair bound minimate (Professor X being the first) with Oracle.

Martian Manhunter/Solomon Grundy:

Many of us don't have the final member of the big 7 to the Justice League that was in the C3 sets and put him with a desired villain that would be another 2.5 inch minimate and you've got instant purchase.

Kyle Rayner GL/Jade:

One's a Green Lantern, the other was the daughter of one, both used to be a couple. And Green Lantern related stuff is cool. Nuff said.

This is my guesses...

Beast Boy/Terra - Same reason why MST said.

Black Canary/Lady Shiva - Birds of Prey deserves a set of Minimates by now, and Lady Shiva is villanous enough.

Martian Manhunter/Zatanna - This gives us even more JLA members.

Darkseid/Orion - Darkseid gives us another enemy in Wave 9 and is 2.5inches, and Orion is a New God (?). So that's a good idea.

One problem I do have with my team is the fact there isn't much diversity to it, but I'd still like to see it.

This is strongly influenced by what I'd like to come out, but here goes:

Two-face/Black Canary

Big Barda/Mister Miracle

Martian Manhunter/Zatanna

That way we get more of JLA and what with the new Batman movie and the Death of the New Gods storyline, some current characters.

• 2 weeks later...
This is strongly influenced by what I'd like to come out, but here goes:

Two-face/Black Canary

Big Barda/Mister Miracle

Martian Manhunter/Zatanna

That way we get more of JLA and what with the new Batman movie and the Death of the New Gods storyline, some current characters.

I'd like to see Barda as a 2.5". There's a reason she's BIG Barda. . .

Good idea. I'm so glad to see a guy (I'm assuming, with the name and all) with love for Big Barda. After the incredibly insulting review of the Big Barda figure bust in Wizard Magazine, which featured the tagline "This gal's been around long enough for you to know she's way hotter than her name makes her sound," I kind of lost faith in men appreciating this awesome character. The fact that the statue itself is lacking her signature armor and makes her look like a submissive coat rack is a whole other issue.

Good idea. I'm so glad to see a guy (I'm assuming, with the name and all) with love for Big Barda. After the incredibly insulting review of the Big Barda figure bust in Wizard Magazine, which featured the tagline "This gal's been around long enough for you to know she's way hotter than her name makes her sound," I kind of lost faith in men appreciating this awesome character. The fact that the statue itself is lacking her signature armor and makes her look like a submissive coat rack is a whole other issue.

No, I am not a bearded lady, and Barda rules. The outfit she's wearing in the bust (I had to look it up to know what you were talking about-I haven't read Wizard in years.) is the one she has on in the early issues of Mr. Miracle when she's not wearing the armor, but it's missing the side panels that activate her armor. I really don't understand why every woman in comics has to do cheesecake when Zatanna and Power Girl pretty much have it covered. Part of what made the original Mr. Miracle series so great was that the interaction between Barda and Scott was based on Kirby's own marriage, and I doubt he'd be alright with Roz's counterpart being treated like that. She'd be better off without the cape and with her Mega Rod.

Also, the whole "Death of the New Gods" thing bugs me. If it doesn't end with Orion and Darkseid going at it in Armaghetto, I won't dig it at all.