UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Smallville Minis based on the episode JUSTICE

The Vox

I know this is way off the beaten path of what DCD is doing so far but with the Battle Star Galactica, 24, Rocky, & Back to the Future waves it got me thinking..

At the Smallville panel at the SDCC they unveiled early prototypes of action figures based on Superman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Impulse and Aqua Man all as they appeared in the episode JUSTICE on the CW show Smallville. The costumes were a little more real life than the comics but they were still true in color and style. I know this wouldn't happen with the current DCD line but it made me think that this would be a cool Minimate 5-Pack.

I don't know if there are any Smallville fans here but I thought I would throw it out for discussion.

Vox

So, you guys want mates of the characters in these costumes?

smallvillejustice.jpg

Maybe Smallville has a huge underground following that I'm not aware of, but these strike me as the DC equivalent of Marvel's Ghost Rider wave....

The part of last season dealing with Green Arrow and ending with the big team was by far the best run Ive seen and Ive been watching from the start! Minimates of these guys would be more then welcome on my shelves. I am already seriously debating the DCD figures of them :)

Jeff of the Minis

Although I would buy this set in a heartbeat Smallville has sucked for the past 2 years. I started watching again when the Green Arrow stuff started and forced myself to watch all the way through the Justice episode. It's so formulaic and trite. That said this would be a great set to have for customs and what not.

If you think about it, these would not be a wave. That was actually Ghost Rider's mistake. This I can see as a box set(which GR should have been.). If it was a wave though the Pairings would be thus: Aquaman and Cyborg, Boy Scout and Green Arrow, Impulse and Chloe Sullivan, Lois Lane and Lex Luthor.

I'd rather get comic versions of Cyborg and Impulse/Kid Flash/whichever they pick personally, I don't know if Smallville has the same vibe that would translate to exciting figure property that a superhero film would, but if they want to make them I won't complain.

They had prototypes of regular DC Direct action figures from this episode on display at WWC, so it might just be possible that these could show up in the Minimate line down the road... However, the costumes aren't really that exciting, and I don't think they'd transfer to the 'Mate look very well...

ya.. seeing the prototypes from DCD got me thinking about this as a box set and I would dig it. I liked Green Arrows 'real world' superhero look.. and if they gave cyborg his red eye and port in his arm.. along with the silver costume he wore then thats a nice real world look for him too.. who knows if they would translate well to mini form.

The Smallville episode titled: Justice wasn't perfect but in my opinion it is the best live action version of the Justice League ever made. I look forward to seeing Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter and new characters this season on Smallville.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I haven't posted in this topic yet but it did really inspire me to get onto customising my Justice League. I originally wanted to do them since I saw the episode, but finally got around to it about a month ago, and I've been working on them on and off since.

SmallvilleJusticeLeague.jpg

More pictures are here.

• 1 month later...
ya.. seeing the prototypes from DCD got me thinking about this as a box set and I would dig it. I liked Green Arrows 'real world' superhero look.. and if they gave cyborg his red eye and port in his arm.. along with the silver costume he wore then thats a nice real world look for him too.. who knows if they would translate well to mini form.

The Smallville episode titled: Justice wasn't perfect but in my opinion it is the best live action version of the Justice League ever made. I look forward to seeing Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter and new characters this season on Smallville.

Dude I'd get them in a heart beat, I've already pre-ordered the DCDirect action figures of these five.

• 1 year later...
I know this is way off the beaten path of what DCD is doing so far but with the Battle Star Galactica, 24, Rocky, & Back to the Future waves it got me thinking..

At the Smallville panel at the SDCC they unveiled early prototypes of action figures based on Superman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Impulse and Aqua Man all as they appeared in the episode JUSTICE on the CW show Smallville. The costumes were a little more real life than the comics but they were still true in color and style. I know this wouldn't happen with the current DCD line but it made me think that this would be a cool Minimate 5-Pack.

I don't know if there are any Smallville fans here but I thought I would throw it out for discussion.

Vox

My friend makes his own customized Smallville Minimates. He's got at least one version for just about each character (including minor ones and notable guest stars). He made a pretty sweet video using them to re-enact the "Justice" episode. Let me know what you think, and I'll pass along.

• 1 year later...