drgnrbrn316's 198+ Customs

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update.

Civil War continues with Thor vs. Hercules

Also, an improved Astonishing X-Men Wolverine

More Civil War updates on the horizon, though truth be told, its getting harder to pair these guys, since Cable would work just as good against Daredevil, Spidey against Iron man, etc. Still, be on the look out for some giants and a Civil War catfight.

I'll try to get some better pics of Cable and Deadpool in a future update.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you guys dig Cloak and Dagger. They're both pretty simple customs.

Cloak was achieved by putting the big cape from the Batmobile onto a black minimate body, adding a Blade head, and a hood from the Indymate set (though the previous owner's name escapes me).

Dagger is a simple repaint with a modified Gwen Stacy hairpiece.

Oh, and Nitro is Ultimate Sabretooth hair, Johnny Storm head, and repainted body.

Any questions?

Deadpool looks armed, REALLY armed!

Truth be told, the original idea had more weapons, but I ran out of room. I wanted to make an actual belt that wrapped around the torso like the one I painted on. This would hold the swords on his back and some grenades on his chest. He'd also have knives on his arms and legs and guns on his belt, but as I said before, space became an issue. He should have a staff on his belt somewhere. And an iPod, I suppose.

Those are pretty neat drgnbrn... what do you use to not paint over unwanted parts?

Truth be told, patience. I tried using tape once, but I think I picked a poor quality tape, because the paint managed to work its way under the tape. So, until I find a better product, I've just been using a small brush and a steady hand.

I'm glad everyone's digging the figures, but I'm a little disappointed that no one's commented on my updated Iron Spidey. I worked hard on sculpting his arms and fashioning them so that they are removeable.

Those are pretty neat drgnbrn... what do you use to not paint over unwanted parts?

Truth be told, patience. I tried using tape once, but I think I picked a poor quality tape, because the paint managed to work its way under the tape. So, until I find a better product, I've just been using a small brush and a steady hand.

I'm glad everyone's digging the figures, but I'm a little disappointed that no one's commented on my updated Iron Spidey. I worked hard on sculpting his arms and fashioning them so that they are removeable.

Well... I think you coud use masking film, that's effective, at least, it worked with me.

I picked through several light bulb bins at my local Radio Shack until I found one that seemed to fit my needs. I actually had to shave off part of the head so the bulb would fit. In the pic, you can see two black wires coming from the back of the head and plugging into the base of the back. Those wires can be removed and attached to a battery that causes the light to come on. I'll probably update the figure some day to have a battery attached on it somewhere.

Glad someone liked the figure. I've been having a motivation problem of late. My customs never seem to garnish the interest of the board members as much as some of the more popular customizers. I know I'm not on the level of them, but its nice to hear a few words of encouragement, support, or constructive criticism. Of course, it hasn't helped my mood to see my ranking fall gradually from 5 stars to 3. :(

Glad someone liked the figure. I've been having a motivation problem of late. My customs never seem to garnish the interest of the board members as much as some of the more popular customizers. I know I'm not on the level of them, but its nice to hear a few words of encouragement, support, or constructive criticism. Of course, it hasn't helped my mood to see my ranking fall gradually from 5 stars to 3. :(

*picks DrgnRbrn up and dusts him off*

Hey Fella stop downing on yourself, people do comment on your stuff, and I think that you have some great ideas ( We have the spidey extra arms thing at about the same time for example).

If no one commented on your custom in the contest it's because there were a lot of entries posted at once and we'd have been there all day writing about all of em.

Give yourself a break, go back over this thread and read what people have written....people are responding positively. :)

T.

p.s. Ignore the Stars thing, no one else pays attention to them, I dont even know if I have stars...

You do some good stuff Drgnbrn :) Just one of the few regulars who does quality rather than quality.

Dont let the stars get to ya, they mean didly squat im with Timbo on this one, just go back over the your thread and see some of the good words. Locutus all the way :D Maybe we should assimilate more Mini's, it could be the first step... to harvesting the mini's too the Borg.

cheers,

Tk