UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

drgnrbrn316's 198+ Customs

Very nice! What are the Vulture's wings wade out of?

They happen to be cut out of the blister plastic from an action figure I opened. I made a stencil, traced it twice onto the plastic, then cut it out. Then I shredded it with scissors to give it the feather look and painted it. The wings attach at the wrists, allowing the wings to move with the arm. I considered attaching it to the shoulder or neck as well, but I felt that the stiffness of the plastic would cause the arm or hand to pop loose. Still, it may be a modification that I explore later on.

On a side note, its hard to tell in the picture, but the white feathers around the Vulture's neck are sculpted from Sculpey and actually have a feathered pattern carved into them.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spider-Cat? Was this an issue that I'm missing in my Black Cat collection, or did you just make it up? If not, which issue number was it please.

Sadly, it actually happened, though I'm unsure of which issue number. Here's my source image, if it helps:

EDIT: Oops, looks like I can't link directly to the image.

Let's try this:

blcatmask.jpg

Spider-Cat? Was this an issue that I'm missing in my Black Cat collection, or did you just make it up? If not, which issue number was it please.

Sadly, it actually happened, though I'm unsure of which issue number. Here's my source image, if it helps:

blcatmask.jpg

Angelfire... Interesting...

Latest customs to hit: Iron Man vs. Captain America.

Iron Man is a modest attempt at making Shellhead's current armor using the parts I had available. The camera washed out most of the post-painting detail lines, but I'm happy with it. Could be better, but hey, wars are rarely perfect.

Captain America is one I'm truly happy with. A Cap figure, painted a slightly lighter blue, with chainmail hand drawn. A modified Batman belt gives him his pouches, and a touch of Sculpey to flare out his boots.

Both figures based on their appearance within Civil War #1.

Nice work. Iron Man looks great, and I didn't even realize that you had done anything to the Cap. I had to go back and look to see the work. Way to go...

• 2 weeks later...