UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kelloggs mates at SDCC

I was hoping these would die on the shelf like SF2 wave 2, LotR wave 3, etc, but if they're still showing them, it must still be in play.

It looks like Tony the Tiger is just a run of the mill 2" figure now instead of being modified to look taller like we saw in the designs. Funny that the mascot that usually towers over everyone in the commercials is now shorter than the Keebler elf, shortest of the line in fact.

It looks like Tony should have been done as a 2.5" or maybe even a 3" figure. He is a giant tiger, after all. But I'll still get all these, eventually.

Morning Guys...

just a quick FYI, DST said that the Kellogs mates were there to see if all the hunt frenzy around minimates couldn't help them find a buyer for the Kellogs mates, so there's no guarantee we'll ever see them at the moment.

T.

lol, action-figure thinks they are kubricks.

That would be why Action-Figure is the biggest joke of a toy site on the 'net. (They've got a section of their forum devoted to Shocker. What do you expect? :D)

Im still IP banned from the entire place thanks to GWARF, still doubt Im missing much (and am too lazy to proxy) :P

I don't see why everyone is acting like lil' bitches about more Minimates?

Look, the brand has to diversify to continue to grow. We all grew up eating these little guys' cereal, and they are a refreshing changeup from the really super wack Minimates that we have seen and bought.

Reason not to hate 1 - Darkstalkers?? Never heard of it.

Reason not to hate 2 - BSG was a wack show. Period.

Reason not to hate 3 - Mariko, Gwen Stacey, Beast (is that a boustiea?), etc.

Reason not to hate 4 - 2" Hulk, Thing and Juggernaut???

Yet, I own them all...

All I am saying is, if you are on this thread, you should be happy that MINIMATES is expanding. If you only like certain liscences, I understand, but the Minimate Multiverse is an area of praise for ALL Minimates!

Don't be Minimate racists. Love all types of minimates. They are all plastic underneath the paint...

Preach!

WW4M

Like TBT! I talked to the people at DST about the Kelloggs mates as well.. he mentioned these were their last chance to get interest. I'm keeping fingers crossed.

Man this has been fun.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd buy the Kellog's minimates. But I'd prefer General Mills (Frankenberry, Count Chocula, Boo Berry, maybe they could do retro Fruity Yummy Mummy, and Fruit Brute too)

That reminds me -anybody check out "Breakfast of the Gods" yet? Sick, but really well researched, well drawn and written.

I hope this is the right link (I'm at work and the darn filters won't let me go directly to the site)

Start with Book One.

www.webcomicsnation.com/poyorick/botg