UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek mates at SDCC

From what I can tell, there's Tuvok, Khan, Spock & Kirk in dress uniforms, and a Klingon. And it looks like there's a Kirk in a plain gray outfit, but I can't tell you what that's from.

EDIT: Victor Von Doom from below is right - that's Ambassador Sarek, not Tuvok. My Trek-fu is weak.

Of all the characters they could release, why Spock from "Spock's Brain" ?

Love the fact they've re-released Khan though.

I could be wrong but one of them looks like Ambasador Sarek of Vulcan, I think his son might be someone of relative importance to the Star Trek series.

OOOOH yeah... Slave Kirk, from that planet that just so happens to be an exact duplicate of Earth, only with the extrapolation that the Roman Empire never fell.... yeah that's believable and not full of holes, as well as that insipid pseudo-Christian message at the end... still all in all not a bad episode, especially compared to the following episode: Assignment: Earth.

Now that I think upon it, I wonder which one is the variant mate for this set: obviously one of the 2 Kirks or 2 Spocks in this line of 7 characters, but does anyone have an inside track on which one? Just thought I'd ask.

Given that McCoy's dress uniform was the variant for the first wave, one would hope for the same this time.

Hopefully, the Star Trek license is all inclusive, meaning that every show is available, because with this wave, you can almost hear the scraping of the bottom of the barrel. Don't get me wrong, these look great, its just not as exciting as seeing Uhura or Sulu for the first time. What casual fan is going to look at these and go, "Oooh, Kirk with short sleeves!"

Given that McCoy's dress uniform was the variant for the first wave, one would hope for the same this time.

Hopefully, the Star Trek license is all inclusive, meaning that every show is available, because with this wave, you can almost hear the scraping of the bottom of the barrel. Don't get me wrong, these look great, its just not as exciting as seeing Uhura or Sulu for the first time. What casual fan is going to look at these and go, "Oooh, Kirk with short sleeves!"

To me it looks like Spock in dress uniform for wave 3....

I could be wrong but one of them looks like Ambasador Sarek of Vulcan, I think his son might be someone of relative importance to the Star Trek series.

It is logical to assume so. Unfortunately though; at this rate Star Trek Minimates are heading to "total complete and utter annihilation"

I will need a few Klingons and Khan, but more Kirk/Spock figs? Why? The ones from wave 1 are fine.

Do the words Spider-Man and Wolverine ring a bell?

Yeah, I had accepted that we'd get a "Kirk/Spock" combo of some sort per series, but two?!? *sigh* I was really hoping that the third slot would be filled with more alien or supporting characters: Romulan, Andorian, Klingon(warrior, I realize we are getting Kang, but he needs some back-up!), Salt-Vampire, heck I'd even go for Nurse Chapel or Yoemen Rand. Especially since I suspect (based solely on Chuck stating the the "first three series would focus on OST) that the next series will shift-gears and begin featuring other Trek-doms (NG, DS9, etc.), which is great (and obviously in demand), but I was hoping that if they were going to concentrate on specific eras that we would at least get a more rounded collection before it takes a break. Oh well, they still look great and I'll be eagerly waiting to add these to my collection as well as future releases regardless of their emphasis.

P.S. Chuck, if you're listening, I'll take an exclusive "Romulan/Klingon" or "?/red-shirt security" army-builder two-pack. That'll ease the pain!

Even though I like the original series, this is pretty frustrating as a fan of ALL the Trek series. I'm afraid this line will die young from a lack of diversity.

I just wish DST would take a page out of DC Direct's Minimates playbook: Characters from EVERY era and NO CHASE FIGURES!

I'm hoping that Kirk's the variant, and that the Klingon is the "double" figure. Head swap is easy enough to have more Klingons. I personally don't mind 2 Kirks and 2 Spocks. I'd prefer some other characters, but I can deal. (Chapel and Rand seem like good choices, especially for part-swaps with the female uniforms.) Truthfully, I'm delighted to get a Spock's Brain figure. That episode is a legendary piece of camp and cheese, adn that's a figure that will get proudly displayed. If they keep a good clip with these releases, I can do with one more wave of TOS. Though I'm really looking forward to some of the other series.

H'lo

TOS Wave 3 seems simply bitter suite at this stage.

The focus on "Journey to Babel" is great with Sarek a fantastic choice. A Klingon (Kang from "Day of the Dove"?) is much needed, and I am glad that he comes with a sash. Khan with red pants is obviously an improvement on the 3" release. Finally, two camp releases namely Spock from "Spock's Brain" and Kirk from "Bread & Circuses", both these are good custom material Spock wears one of those often used all-purpose jumpsuits and Spock and McCoy also appeared as slaves in "Bread & Circuses".

Bitter Suite #1: Without a single 2" Trek Minimate in our hands - play.com show a UK release back to the end of August - I don't bank on us making it to Wave 3.

Bitter Suite #2: Echoing other contributions, the line moves onto TNG etc... without an Andorian, a Romulan (both big Multi-Buys) or the much requested M-113 Salt Vampire. An Enviromental Suit for Kirk or Spock would have also have been better.

However, let's not run before we walk... give us Wave 1... please.

Richard

Thanks for all the pictures guys. A Romulan would have been nice especially since you could swap heads with Sarek and make a Commander Keras minimate (the Romulan played by Mark Leonard in "Balance of Power"). But still that is a great assortment for S3. I don't think Spock in a dress uniform will be the chase just because DU McCoy will be the one in S1. I mean "Naked Time" Sulu is the chase in S2 right. Yeah my money is on "Spock's Brain" Spock being the variant for the third series.

I'm always happy to have an opportunity to get any ST or BSG minimates that comes up.... I especially like the minimates because I can collect both BSG and ST for a lot less $$$ than the big figures.

What I'd really like to see is more focus on different characters, than a lot of the same character in different outfits.

I'd definitely buy a Romulan, Andorian, Tellarite, Sarek, Yoeman Rand, Nurse Chapel or even the big-headed Keeper before I'd get No-brain Spock, Battle-damaged Kirk or Bread-n-Circuses Kirk.

I think the alternate uniform/costume figure should be the chase figures so those of us who aren't into them can opt out and still complete a full crew set (like they did with Dress Uniform McCoy).