UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

19 and 20... oh my....

TBT!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Classic Archangel(Horsemen of Death Era) is quite possibly the best Minimate ever!!!!

Wow....wow, wow, wow...that's all I have to say...

This is what the Marvel Line needs...more new characters, less repaints, and more villains (thank the lord)

Apocalypse, Ultron, Mysterio, Abomination; all look incredible.

Finally an Archangel Minimate complete with awesome wings!

Very happy with Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, and especially Vision.

And I want that Defenders set!

Excellent job DST. This, along with the upcoming Avengers line will finally put Marvel back on track.

Hey, I was just looking back over the pictures again........ok, I'll be honest, I was just simply drooling over Archangel.

Anyway, what I wanted to bring up is that I LOVE how they handled Archangel's wings. I can't say I'm a big fan of the Hawkgirl/Hawkguy bigchest wings. I love how AA has made the wings to sit at his back and didn't have to make him look pudgy. I have to agree with Logan, this may just be the greatest minimate OF ALL TIME - BRING IT! neo

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Jul 26 2007, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are - the phasing one is obviously translucent, but the other one is like the ECCC blanks. You kinda have to look closely to see...

That kinda sucks, having classic Vision phasing and modern as the regular. A minor complaint. Also, I can't wait for some more complete looking prototypes.

Wow. Just wow.

This is possibly the best, most diverse waves of Marvel Minimates ever. So many great characters. So many new parts! The big chested Hulks! No Silver Surfer - Valkyrie! Archangel with big wings! Mysterio!!!! Vision in his 90's costume! A Ditko Spidey!

Well done, Diamond. Well done. I now feel like anything possible with Marvel Minimates again.

the "phasing vision" is the version of vision in his "classic" unform, then????

and i definitely don't recognize that strange version of the hulk..... what era is he from???

very, very cool batch of marvel 'mates on the way.... i just about shit when i saw hawkeye in particular. wow!!!

the "phasing vision" is the version of vision in his "classic" unform, then????

and i definitely don't recognize that strange version of the hulk..... what era is he from???

The "phasing Vision" is the classic uniform, yes.

And "Smart Hulk" first appeared in the 90's. Through Doc Samson's treatments, a new Hulk was created - one that had the intelligence of Banner, but still had anger issues. During this time, he wore the jumpsuit while he was working with a group called the Parthenon.

Wow all of these look great, defiantly going to be buying entire sets of those waves.

Is it me or does Smart Hulk's head look smaller than normal?

Is it me or does Smart Hulk's head look smaller than normal?

It actually looks like his hair is sculpted onto the head which makes it appear more narrow. Also, the larger Big Chest piece and the fact that he's beside Abomination makes it look smaller as well.

This is like Minimate dreams come true!

All my most wanted characters in one mighty swoop.

Archangel plus a blue-skinned variant! The two best looks they could have went for. The wing reuse is forgiveable and I'm pretty sure after Warren was turned back it was a while before his feathers grew back and broke out after the metal ones were damaged.

Hawkeye! Hard to tell if that mask is a full face Batman style or a Cap / Bullseye type but he looks great.

Vision! Strange that we don't get a classic regular and phasing classic but the former looks great. Hopefully the modern darker Vision will receive the same sculpted head as his classic counterpart.

I must also say that the Smart Hulk has a great likeness to the comic. He was a bit of a pinhead in that too! Surprised by how much I like that minimate!

Very. very happy and excited about these future releases. What a boost to the Avengers roster and some much needed X-men!

That Defenders box set is going to fly off the shelves too. Dr. Strange looks superb, as does Valkyrie. Even the part reuse figures are intelligently done. Warbird / Ms. Marvel is simple but highly effective, US Agent will look badass in the flesh and I feel quite nostalgic about that Spidey as he's the one I grew up on.

If someone had said we'd see all these characters last week I wouldnae have believed it. I'd have picked maybe two or three from this all-star lineup but no more.

Heck, I've not even mentioned the villains! All excellent! Mysterio? Brilliant! A villain for the Avengers that isn't Doom? Even better! Apocalypse? Get outta here!

I'll be checking this site tomorrow morning to make sure this isn't a dream!

Thanks for the pics everyone!

I have to agree. In the past, we generally got a couple top notch characters and plenty of filler. Wave 16 threw us all for a loop with Thor, Loki, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, She-Hulk, and Wonder Man, but we were all watching the next comic book wave closely to see if it was a sign of things to come or just a fluke. News of all these much requested characters hitting back to back has definitely excited a lot of people here. For instance, its been quite a while since I've seen so many people looking at an active thread here on the boards. Poor Danny picked the wrong time to retire MMC. Come January, we're going to have a whole lot of very happy, very poor minimate collectors.

I like how they designed the wings for Angel/Archangel.

I would have expected them to make it a full out chest piece that covered his whole torso, like how they're doing Hawkman/Hawkgirl... but instead, it's only being held onto his back via the waist and the neck... it adds a little height to him, but personally, I like that approach much more than the full chest piece.

But what I'm really wondering is how they're going to do the packaging? The wings would require a bigger box than usual... unless maybe they packaged him by himself... But would they do that?

Also, did anyone notice how there is now a Sword on Taskmaster's back? It looks like blade's sword... but thats not the point. It's definitely on his back, which means that it would have to attach to his cape. But if it's a reuse of Doom's cape, wouldn't they have to change it in order to get the sword to stay put? I would hope that would give them reason to make a newly designed cape... but I suppose it's much easier/cheaper to simply put a small hole in a pre-existing mold rather than make a whole new one ... ?

*shrugs*

And one last thing... has anyone noticed that Vision's cape seem to be the same, but with the non-phasing one, it looks like they "broke" it? The part that would be sitting in front of his face is gone. That's the only thing that makes the design of the capes different, as far as I can tell (though its hard to say for sure, since it looks like non-phasing Vision's cape has a flap in the back *sorry, i dont remember the proper name for it* that curves up a tad bit higher than phasing Vision's. But I'm thinking that's mainly because of the angle that the figs are at. Cuz that one pic of them from the side makes it look like it's not quite so high up behind his head)

Alright...

After looking at the better pics, I've gotta say that I don't like the new "Sculpted" chest at all. Like Boyd said, they look too Kubricky...

Other than that, they're awesome.

Thanks DST!