UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

19 and 20... oh my....

TBT!

I look at all the new minimates coming on the horizon and, truth be told, I can't help but feeling disappointed. Hawkeye, Vision, Ms Marvel, Apocalypse, Mysterio, Abomination, Ultron, Namor, Valkyrie, Dr Strange, Angel, Archangel, all in one go. Each wave filled with fan favorites and more than one villain per wave with minimal Spider-Man/Wolverine repeating. I have nothing left to bitch about. Tis truly the end of an era.

AND THE BEGINNING OF THE MINIMATE RENAISSANCE!!!

Edit: Swinging over to MMHQ, you'll find more pictures. It seems that the darker Vision is actually translucent like the ECCC blank minimate from last year. And Hawkeye and Ultron thankfully come with accessories.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Just wow.

This is possibly the best, most diverse waves of Marvel Minimates ever. So many great characters. So many new parts! The big chested Hulks! No Silver Surfer - Valkyrie! Archangel with big wings! Mysterio!!!! Vision in his 90's costume! A Ditko Spidey!

Well done, Diamond. Well done. I now feel like anything possible with Marvel Minimates again.

WOW! :woot: I cannot believe the luck! These are awesome. I was hoping that the next 4 waves would come out soon, I am interested in a FEW of the characters, but now I want them out so we can get to waves 19 and 20. OMG! These look sooooooo cool. I cannot wait! This is great! :woot:

I keep looking back over the figures and I'm just floored by how well they all look. I didn't even realize that Ms. Marvel is an entire part reuse figure, which makes sense in that you can get the look of that character with the Phoenix hair piece and Iron Fist sash and save some cost for the more part heavy figures like Apocalypse, Abomination, and Hulk. That's the way it should be, instead of a wave where every figure looks the same with a different paint job. (Silver Sable, Spider-Woman, Arachne) The Marvel line has really stepped up in the design process since Wave 13, even if the X-Men 3, Ghost Rider, and Spider-Man 3 waves aren't as coveted by collectors as the comic book waves.

My only concern out of everything shown so far is Spider-Man. Hopefully, with Torment Spider-Man and now this Ditko version, this isn't the start of artist specific costume designs. It wouldn't be so bad when the costume is changed significantly, like Cyclops has over the years, but when you just have different shades of red and blue with different styled white eyes, you essentially get the same Spider-Man. He's worn far too many costumes over the years for us to get the purple/blue New Avengers night time version, the heavy bold around the eyes McFarlane version, and the tiny eyes and more black than blue Ditko version. Of course, if they had done Scarlet Spider instead, many of the collectors' heads would have exploded from sensory overload, so maybe it is best they pulled that punch.

Were the Ghost Rider minimates displayed at SDCC? Just curious to see if the wave is truly scrapped or just delayed for more popular stuff.

My only concern out of everything shown so far is Spider-Man. Hopefully, with Torment Spider-Man and now this Ditko version, this isn't the start of artist specific costume designs.

I don't think we have to worry about artist-specific designs yet. I think Ditko Spidey is another cost-cutter for the wave (like Ms. Marvel). I'm impressed that they could squeeze another figure out of that Torment Spidey, and I think it's different enough to justify its existance.

Disclaimer: I'll take another Spidey if it gets me a Mysterio Minimate. But I won't be happy if I have to get a new Spidey to get the remaining members of the Sinister Six.

Hi, sorryit took me so long to post. My heart stopped when I saw the pics on MMMV and I just got revived. All I can say is MINIMATES F**K YEAH. That Archangel is the holiest thing my eyes seen in a long time. Damn. Screw SM3. I have totally lost interest in everything except this and Thor. DST, this should have been done a long time ago. Well, the Golden Age of Minimates culminates here. please, don't let there be another dark age like there was with the N.A. Wave.

(that blur of Zombie Iron Man looks cool.) MATES FOREVER!!!!

Oh and Danny; More BOOBS!

i dont know weather i am havinga dream or an orgasm!!!!!! HAVOK AND HAWKEYE!!!!! IM SOOOO EXCITED!!! AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT!!!!!! but another spidy!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to REALLY REALLY HOPE dream.

As much as I love this new wave, I have to admit I do hate the Spider-Man mate. As much as I love seeing them, enough already with the bloody "classic" costume. Why oh why couldn't they have pulled one of Spidey's many other (and dare I say better) costumes from the wardrobe? Due to how much I want a Scarlet Spider mate, seeing him paired up with Mysterio instead of the classic would have been SO much better in my eyes. I don't mind them releasing say a SPidey minimate every other wave, but I'm frankly fed up of seeing the "classic" costume all the time (sorry if that's a bit to ranty. I've had a bit of a tiring week).

However, Spidey costume mistake aside, I seriously can't wait for these two waves. Ms Marvel, Angel, Havoc and Ultron are great additions in my eyes. And I look forward to seeing who's included in future waves.

After seeing the better pics, I have some more thoughts:

"Smart" Hulk - He has pecs sculpted into his big chest! I'm not sure how I feel about that - it seems to take away from the smooth, blocky design of a Minimate. Could just be me, though. He's also got a taller head than a normal Minimate. And sculped ears.

Polaris - It looks like she has a more-ample chest than Starfire. And that's just not right.

Blue Angel - It is wrong of me to want them to re-use the body to make an Angel with feathery wings?

Ultron - He's got translucent plastic eyes and mouth! It's a nice touch.

Ditko Spidey - He's got a different web pattern on his body than the Torment Spider-Man. So they're not just re-using the Torment Spidey with a different head like I thought they were.

Apocalypse - I think it's all the sculpted parts than make me think "Kubrick" when I look at him. But he's so nice-looking...

Mysterio - Just perfect. And I think I can see some sort of pattern on his cape, just like Ditko use to draw.

USAgent - He's got the chain-mail details on his chest and arms. That's a nice touch.

Defenders Box Set - Still really happy they're using it to bring us Valkryie. It probably the only way we would have ever gotten her.

It looks like smart Hulk, Havok, Phasing Vision, and possibly Hawkeye and Ultron are getting specially sculpted heads, a la Leader and Wave 7 Batman. Ultron, Hawkeye, and Havok could very well be using the full face masks that debuted with DCD and spilled over to some of the Zombiemates.

Now, let's play spot the part reuse (which by the way is not a problem with all these new figures, as it makes perfect sense when done)

Polaris: Sentry/C3 Superman cape

Hawkeye: Green Arrow bow (possibly, but definitely not arrow!)

Ultron: Super Skrull/Ice Man/Scarlet Witch accessory

Ms Marvel: New X-Men Phoenix/Black Cat/Silver Sable/Spider-Woman/Arachne/She-Hulk hair, Iron Fist belt

US Agent: Captain America mask, glove (he only has one hand), shield, Blade belt

Taskmaster: Dr Doom cape, Blade sword, Captain America glove(s), LotR bow and arrow, Ultimate Wolverine belt, Assault Punisher weapons (still not sure whether his shield is new or used) (hopefully he's cobbled together better come production time)

Zombie Luke Cage: Power Man hair, belt

Zombie Wolverine: GSXM Wolverine/Gaijin Wolverine claws, boots

Zombie Colonel America: Captain America shield, gloves

Valkyrie: DCD Superman/Cyborg Superman cape

This is how part reuse is supposed to be done!

You know, by the time they officially announce these figures, we'll have picked them apart so much that we'll be bored with them and want to know what 21 and 22 are.

Wow, just to add my two cents, they could have made three 2-packs of Spider-Man/Spider-Man, Spider-Man/Spider-Man, and Spider-Man/Archangel and I would have been fine :). This is 1 of the two big marvel mates for me. The only thing that would make this wave any better is the other 1 - Scarlet Spider :D. All in all, I'm finally excited about Marvel again........it's about time!

On a side note, did anyone notice Zombie Iron Man?????? Check the link:

Zombies!!

If you notice, in the foreground, I could be wrong, but it looks like a Zombified Iron Man - - - What do you guys think? neo

Yay! Comic oriented minimates!

My only gripe is with Vision- why can't the light shaded costumer version be the one that doesn't show him phasing? That's the one I want, and I'd prefer a non phasing version.

Very minor gripe frankly.

Polaris and Havok look sweet.

Like everybody else im excited too, i cant wait to put my hands on Angel, Hawkeye, Vision, Ms. Marvel, Polaris and Havok and the rest of the wave its just perfect.

Im glad the Avengers and Xmen roster are getting bigger with new characters in their minimates forms.

Maybe we can expect Gambit, Black Panther, Wasp and Ant Man for the next year too...