UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

minimate priceguide?

Hi guys. I'm new here and to minimates in general. I"m trying to play catchup with some older Marvel stuff and need to find prices so I don't get burned. Are there any online price guides? I don't have regular access to mags like Toyfare and such so online is my best bet if possible. Thanks and I hope to be around quite a bit going forward. :thumbsup:

Hi guys. I'm new here and to minimates in general. I"m trying to play catchup with some older Marvel stuff and need to find prices so I don't get burned. Are there any online price guides? I don't have regular access to mags like Toyfare and such so online is my best bet if possible. Thanks and I hope to be around quite a bit going forward. :thumbsup:

I am not aware of any price guides, but I'm certain many members will chime in on prices if you ask. The good news is that early waves can still be found fairly inexpensively (close to original price). Some of the more expensive sets seem to be:

Black Spider-Man - $35

Powerman/Iron Fist Exclusive - $30

Giant Size X-Men Box Set - $45

Santa Spidey - $25

Martian Manhunter and Flash Javelin C3 set - $90 and up!

Gold or Silver Spider-Man - Anything under $400 is a bargain.

Welcome to the addiction. Be sure to check out the Flea Market as many collectors trade there.

The problems with price guides is that they are almost never accurate'

A lot depends on how many are available and how many want them at the same time. It keeps changing depending on supply and demand.

For example on ebay I sold a couple at around these winning bids.

Black Spider-Man - $60

Giant Size X-Men Box Set - $40

Martian Manhunter and Flash Javelin C3 set - $200

This was about a couple weeks ago. Sometimes they go for lower.

As Reideen had suggested ealier in another thread, your best chance is probably this weekend.

I collect the ToyFare mags, so I can post their latest price guide for the minimates if anyone's interested. Problem is, they don't usually cover everything minimate related, and as has been said above, the numbers aren't fairly accurate. Your best bet for playing catch up is troll the Want/Have list in the Flea Market section of the board to find what you can get from here. Then, find the rest of your easy to find figures on Stuckakids or eBay. Finally, for the variants and harder to find characters like Iron Fist, Power Man, Thunderbird, etc, keep a watchful eye on eBay. These things tend to go in waves. You'll have times when a certain set will sell for hundreds, and times when it goes for just dollars.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't aware there was a flea market. I'll post some wants and see what kind of response I get. I hope I don't get TOO frustrated with trying to locate some of the older stuff. I have found someone willing to part with an Iron Man and Dr. Doom already so I'm off to a decent start.