UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Solution to the lack of a Goblin Glider?

If the Marvel 'Mates can't have vehicles, why not just make a minimate resembling one?

Blankish gray Minimate with winged arms and a pointed hairpeice?

Take off the legs, ta-da.

As near impossible as this is, would it violate anything to make it?

Yep your idea is a no go... cos it's a vehicle..... You could make it out of trained army ants that cuddle together to make a perfect glider shape BUT it's still a glider and there is no wiggle room at all as far as vehicles go in the contract, it's something we've been over in scary detail with Chuck in the past.

T.

Yet Surfer comes with his board....

(Yes, I know dead horse and all, but I can't stop kicking it...) :D

Rumor has it that was a close run thing too... It's one of those things that if you really want to make Chuck wince at conventions ask him to explain why minimates dont have vehicles... then why does the silver surfer have his board, it's even better if there's someone from marvel standing around. :D

T.

Yes, the New Goblin comes with the glider, though this could be from any number of possible reasons. The movie is technically a different license than the normal Marvel Minimates, so it could be that the vehicle rule didn't apply. Or, it could be that DST fought tooth-and-nail for it to be included, as they did with the Silver Surfer's board. But, most likely, since it looks more like a 2x4 than the glider from the movie, it just slipped under the radar.

Yes, the New Goblin comes with the glider, though this could be from any number of possible reasons. The movie is technically a different license than the normal Marvel Minimates, so it could be that the vehicle rule didn't apply. Or, it could be that DST fought tooth-and-nail for it to be included, as they did with the Silver Surfer's board. But, most likely, since it looks more like a 2x4 than the glider from the movie, it just slipped under the radar.

I see what you mean DB316.

sm3goblinwglider.jpg

I agree, it probably wasn't much of a fight to include it. Too bad the Mega Blok Goblin Glider looks better than the Minimate one:

megablokgoblinnglider.jpg

(I'm not totally sold on that arm with the spikey gauntlet on the 'mate either. Hopefully it'll look better in the actual release.)

You can also do alot with a few legos and a coat of gray paint:

glider2.JPG

I recognize the dragon wings and what is most likely a flat 1x4, but where'd the head come from?

Oh, and the glider comes with the Kubrick Hobgoblin, not the Green Goblin.

A lego Bat!

And yes I made a typo it's the Hobgoblin, give DrgnRrn a fishy biscuit for spotting it ;)

T.

...What are those peices, and where can I get them?

The glider is all lego: Dragon wings, a bat head, and two 1x4 pieces. I might have some kind of round piece in the back for the engine, but I can't remember right now, and I'm not at home to check. The stand is cut from thick clear plastic, with notches cut to hold the glider and allow it to be easily removed. These legos are at least eight years old, but I'm sure they still use some of these pieces in current sets.

...What are those peices, and where can I get them?

The glider is all lego: Dragon wings, a bat head, and two 1x4 pieces. I might have some kind of round piece in the back for the engine, but I can't remember right now, and I'm not at home to check. The stand is cut from thick clear plastic, with notches cut to hold the glider and allow it to be easily removed. These legos are at least eight years old, but I'm sure they still use some of these pieces in current sets.

Thank you, very much.

reviving the thread because seems best active bet to mention this, but now that Spidey 3 mates were on show at SDCC in the flesh that the New Goblin glider looks more beefy than the photo we had before, and doesn't seem to have anything like useable peg for his feet to plug into...

If you can still find them,(at TRU,Amazon.com, or KB Toys) they had these Spiderman stunt sets. The glider that came with GG is what I used, with some minor adjustments.post-27-1185855370_thumb.jpg Update youbuynow.com has this $9.99.Hope this helps.

Any chance of you snapping a pic of the glider with Goblin?

• 2 years later...