UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 7 posted!

Destrin41016

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome lineup.

Ambush Bug...love how they're squeezing in really obscure characters in there. Wish they could do that with the Marvel mates. Anyways, I also like the details on Grodd and Clayface. Really cool how they're breaking our of the minimate mold just a little.

They all are perfect except for Nightwing and Flash. I absolutely hate their faces!!!

BTW: Doesn't Clayface look like he's straight out of B:TAS? Awesome!

Wowzers.

Flash / Grodd: Great news for everyone who doesn't have a Flash Minimate. Great looking Grodd. Now bring on the rest of the Rogue's Gallery!

Nightwing / Starfire: Again, great news for everyone who doesn't have a Nighwing Minimate, or wants one that looks more bad-ass. Not sure about Starfire's chest, but they nailed the George perez styled hair. Now bring on the rest of the 80's New Teen Titans!

Batman / Clayface: Another Batman, however nice, just makes him one step closer to becoming the Wolverine of DC Minimates. Clayface, however, automatically forgives them for giving us another Batman. He is beautiful and possibly my favorite from this wave.

Lobo / Ambush Bug: Lobo I can understand, but Ambush Bug? I made a custom Ambush Bug years ago, confident that there would never be one made. And now this. Why must you prove me wrong, DC Direct????

I dont really care much for Starfire or Ambush Bug (I'm more of a Marvel guy) but I really like the rest. Lobo looks great but needs to have a chain wraped around his wrist. Glad to see Flash and Nightwing making the scene, Grodd and Clayface look awesome. Classic Batman looks good but I really think this slot could have been better filled with Knightfall Batman or the 90's black/dark gray Batman. Either way great wave.

Lobo / Ambush Bug: Lobo I can understand, but Ambush Bug? I made a custom Ambush Bug years ago, confident that there would never be one made. And now this. Why must you prove me wrong, DC Direct????

I think it goes to show just how diverse the DC line could potentially be. (Agreed on needing the rest of the Flash rogues!)

aww sweet a prefect buy for me!!! :)

all of the characters they chose look abosoulty wonderfull in thier minimate counterparts! :yes:

i am happy that they are giving us a "remake" of some past c3 mates!!!!

Possibly MY best wave ever. I love the Classic Batman , Starfire and Nightwing especially.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

YES! LOBO, guess i can scrap the custom i was working on.

they look great but do we need yet another batman and flash at this point?

I say yes, we need a Flash. C3 doesn't cut it, and when you say Flash, I sure as heck don't think Jay Garrick.

Yet another awesome wave but I have to ask; what's the beef with the Batman? You KNOW that this line will be carried by Batman, Superman, et al. So long as they stick to the source material and we don't get wacky variants like in the C3 line, I'm a happy camper.

First thoughts...

Lobo is Sweet...

Starfire is Sweet but needs a boob job... ;)

Clayface & Grodd rock but I worry about getting too far from 'the minimate' style.

Ambush bug... simple & effective but surely there are better choices at this point?

Everyone else... Meh!... I have versions of those already :(. one C3 rerelease per wave would have been easier on those that have then already.

T.

p.s. ok ok I like the Aparo style batman... but would have prefered a knightfall az-bats or something.

First thoughts...

Lobo is Sweet...

Clayface & Grodd rock but I worry about getting too far from 'the minimate' style.

Ambush bug... simple & effective but surely there are better choices at this point?

Everyone else... Meh!... I have versions of those already :(. one C3 rerelease per wave would have been easier on those that have then already.

T.

p.s. ok ok I like the Aparo style batman... but would have prefered a knightfall az-bats or something.

Yeah, but the DCD versions look much better with the rest of your collection.

Also, the more obscure they get, the better. Those characters need some love too. As long as they actually count for something. No one issue villians please.

First thoughts...

Lobo is Sweet...

T.

Yeah, but the DCD versions look much better with the rest of your collection.

Also, the more obscure they get, the better. Those characters need some love too. As long as they actually count for something. No one issue villians please.

Dudes and Dudettes,

The wave is fantastic, and after all that bitchin' about how we were unsure if there was even going to be a new wave, how dare some of you!

Love em...I do,

WW4M

Being one who missed out on ALL of C3, I am so relieved to get Flash and Nightwing. Flash, though... I'm not fond of that face very much. Maybe I'll like it better in person, but I dunno. Nightwing, however, looks just how I want him to look. He'll fit in perfectly with the other Bat Family minis in my collection.

The real story here, though, has to be Clayface and Grodd. Wow. Just... wow. And I thought Brainiac 13 and Ares broke the mold of what Minimates could look like. These two are absolutely amazing pieces. If only we could get a Juggernaut from Marvel in that kind of style.

Yet another awesome wave but I have to ask; what's the beef with the Batman? You KNOW that this line will be carried by Batman, Superman, et al. So long as they stick to the source material and we don't get wacky variants like in the C3 line, I'm a happy camper.

like i said no beef with the fig itself it looks good, but its not all that different from series one, besides that fact we're headed down the same spidey/wolerine path they havent even given us legit variations(grey,black, azbat etc) and we get another blue/grey. plenty of other bats and supes characters to "carry" the line for a bit. lets see them first.

So that Flash do you think that is the final version? I wonder if the lightning belt might be tweaked to make it a full on Barry Allen Flash or will it be a Modern Wally West Flash like it currently is. I hope the belt gets tweaked as the C3 one works for Wally and DCD gave us Jay. Just missing Barry.