UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Been meaning to bring this up for a while

I'm not sure how other people feel about this, but I'm just gona throw it out there. The enriched text for the post reply or new topic, I am really having a hard time with it and really can't stand it. Enriched text, as opposed to regular, allows you to just stick fully activated hyperlinks and pictures in your post without having to work the code. It also prevents many of the "right click" options in the window, for example the automatic spell checker in Firefox.

I much prefer the plain old text boxes such as the quick reply. I try to thuse those at all times if I can at all help it.

So, I don't know if it's possible or even if any one else would want to, but is there a way we could please turn off the enriched text boxes?

I'm not sure how other people feel about this, but I'm just gona throw it out there. The enriched text for the post reply or new topic, I am really having a hard time with it and really can't stand it. Enriched text, as opposed to regular, allows you to just stick fully activated hyperlinks and pictures in your post without having to work the code. It also prevents many of the "right click" options in the window, for example the automatic spell checker in Firefox.

I much prefer the plain old text boxes such as the quick reply. I try to thuse those at all times if I can at all help it.

So, I don't know if it's possible or even if any one else would want to, but is there a way we could please turn off the enriched text boxes?

If you want to turn it off for yourself follow these simple steps:

1) Click the "My Controls" link that resides to the right of the "Logged in as: TM2 Dinobot" text at the near top of any page. This will take you to your Control Panel.

2) Click the "Board Settings" link on the left side of the page under the "Options" heading. It's almost at the bottom of the list.

3) Scroll down to the "Posting Settings" heading in the middle of the page. The second option under this heading is "Type of text editor to use when posting." Here you can select, as I have, "Standard Editor."

4) Scroll down to the bottom of this page and save your settings by hitting the "Change my Account Options" button.

5) Praise Ivan. ;)

If you want to turn it off for everyone follow these steps:

1) Obtain an Administrator's password and login with it.

2) Go to the Board Administration link....NO CARRIER