UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cloverfield

Trekker 42

Alright, as anybody who saw Transformers knows, there is a secret film coming out on 1-18-08 and it has downtown New York being destroyed in the trailer. It looks really cool. I have been really annoyed as to what the heck this film is and I am opening a speculation thread n this secret film. On Wikipedia, it is known as "Cloverfield." Some places know it as 1-18-08. My two cents, I think it is Godzilla, but I seriously doubt it. All we know is that whatever caused that fireball is alive and it ripped off the the head of the Statue of Liberty.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: TRAILER LINK

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's not Godzilla (no matter how much I - the only person on the planet - enjoyed the 2000 version), and I hope it's not a living fireball (I'm sorry, but I much rather would've had the monster on LOST be

a dinosaur, instead of a sentient column of smoke

).

I also hope the entire movie isn't filmed in the Super-8 style. That works for the teaser, but not an hour and a half/2 hours. Blair Witch at least had a decent camera filming half the movie... EDIT: It's looking like the entire movie will be shot like the Teaser Trailer. Crap.

This could be really amazing, or really, super-ghey. What'll it be, Mr. Abrams?

Also, "Cloverfield" is a fake title. SPOILER WARNING!!

Return of The Jedi (filmed as "Blue Harvest") and Batman: The Dark Knight (filming now as "Rory's First Kiss" in downtown Chicago - yay, Chicago!) are just two out of hundreds of movies that do that for ultimate secrecy during filming. So, it's entirely possible it could be Godzilla. Which would be stupid. Why do we need another Godzilla movie!?

I hope it's not Godzilla (no matter how much I - the only person on the planet - enjoyed the 2000 version)

You're not alone, I actually liked it too. I have also heard some rumors of it being Cthulhu.

I hope it's not Godzilla (no matter how much I - the only person on the planet - enjoyed the 2000 version)

You're not alone, I actually liked it too. I have also heard some rumors of it being Cthulhu.

Cool. Go Matthew Broderick!! And, c'mon, Harry Shearer doing his Kent Brockman in a live-action movie? How can anyone not like that!? :lol:

Cthulu, huh? I don't know, especially with how the movie's being filmed.

IMDB says it's being called

"The Parasite"

...(click on my link above)

My wife claims to have seen the title "BAD ROBOT" somewhere in the non-title containing credits.

I was personally more exited about the "I Am Legend" trailer with Will Smith. I have no idea what that movie is about but it looks cool!

Bad Robot is J.J. Abrams' production company. That logo is at the end of every LOST episode (along with an adorable child saying "Bad robot!").

bad_robot.jpg

IAL does look awesome. I love post-Apocalyptic stories, and I love Will Smith, so I'm definitely seeing that one...

My wife claims to have seen the title "BAD ROBOT" somewhere in the non-title containing credits.

I was personally more exited about the "I Am Legend" trailer with Will Smith. I have no idea what that movie is about but it looks cool!

I got the book I Am Legend by Richard Matheson for Christmas a few years ago I didn't put it down til I was done. Was made into a movie two other times. Vincent Price in The Last Man in the World and Charlton Heston in Omega Man. Arnold was supposed to play Neville but that was a few years ago. I think Will will do good.

Oh so it's a giant monster attacks NYC movie? Wasn't paying complete attention because I tuned out when everybody at the party kept saying what a great person the guy was who the bon voyage party was for. It was that whole house warming thing in MI3 all over again and I hated that movie. Doubt this is Godzilla and I expect it's something they made up and not somebody elses liscense. I hope the film itself isn't all grainy first-person documentary style. If so they've 'lost' my ten dollars already. :D

Voltron is another popular theory. People think so because of the fact that the trailer was shown on Transformers.

I heard " i saw it it's alive it's huge." too

Also, Abrams denys that ethanhaaswasright is connected.

Oh, and Wadalf, it's a trailer without a title that's shown alongside of Transformers.

Another thing i just thought of: Maybe a Reign of Fire Prequel?

I'm guessing live action Pokemon.

Are you joking? That would just be terrible. The trailer looks ok, I would just hope they made the camera more steady, instead of looking like it was filmed by a five year old.

I reckon this will be some new monster movie. Something we've never heard of before.

75% sure its a cthulu... old gods/ lovecraftian movie... some deeper diging reveals

ethanhaaswasright has something to do with this project

JJ Abrams has come out as saying that ethanhaaswasright is nothing to do with it. There are other websites out there but that is not one of them.

*puts Moderator hat on*

Trekker42 can you amend the subtitle so it's not all in caps please. Thank you.

*takes Moderator hat back off*

SITES!!!!

These Sites are some of them that are theorized to have a connection to Cloverfield.

The Parasite

WTF!!! If anyone can figure this out, then you get a No-Prize!!

Slusho is supossed to be another codename though.

Of couse there's This One, but it's not very useful right now.

Cloverfield.com is unconnected. It's a college of some sort.