UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2 New Zombiemates Announced!

I love the Marvel Zombies and to my mind you can't have too many released!

However I do agree that some of these characters are classics and we should have seen them in their proper guises first. However I think if they are prepared to make Zombie versions of them, then the "proper" ones won't be too far away. Trust in DST!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so many nay sayers.... "yes I like zombies but wanted normal versions..."

Damn you people are ungrateful, we're getting a bunch of cool minimates that are part of a storyline that was very popular while it's still fairly recent and is DST showing they want to give us new mates that aren't just wolverine/spidey remakes.

Who knows what the future brings BUT instead of complaining about what we don't have then why not enjoy what we do have coming out?

Besides if they released all the 'regular' figures you guys wanted at once... what would they do a year down the line? we'd be getting nothing but obscure characters and people would stop collecting because they weren't getting any big hitters anymore.

T.

well put Tim. I am very happy to continue to see new minimates put out. I don't care whether they are zombified or the regular version.

Damn you people are ungrateful, we're getting a bunch of cool minimates that are part of a storyline that was very popular while it's still fairly recent and is DST showing they want to give us new mates that aren't just wolverine/spidey remakes.

Who knows what the future brings BUT instead of complaining about what we don't have then why not enjoy what we do have coming out?

Besides if they released all the 'regular' figures you guys wanted at once... what would they do a year down the line? we'd be getting nothing but obscure characters and people would stop collecting because they weren't getting any big hitters anymore.

T.

I wouldn't say ungrateful TBT. Some people have no intrest in Marvel Zombies, and a box set and two exclusive packs seems like a huge effort to get all it's characters released. Where's this effort on everything else? What about that other big storyline recently... ummm... what was it... Civil War? It just kinda bugs me that one thing gets soooo much attention. If everything is going to get this level of dedication from now on, and this is the beginning, than wonderful.

T.

Amen!

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if they spent the money on the tooling, (ie iron man, giant man, black panther) that in time they will make more versions of them. The iron man is a synch for a classics avengers package down the road. Relax guys and be glad for all the product we are getting this year...doesnt anyone remember the drought???

Minimates are good, more minimates are better.... if you love the line like i do BUY THEM ALL and let the line continue

These look faboo!

Chill out peeps. It's a Marvel Zombies year. We'll get regular versions of all these characters down the road. For now enjoy all that rotting goodness.

It doesn't look like it'd take too much work to customise BP into a normal mate anyway.

I love these new mates. I am a big fan of the zombies story arc. I would love to see the zombified Fantastic Four as minimates, that would complete my life :)

This, along with the Giant Man and Wasp we're also getting, seems to indicate that there may be a second Avengers wave coming after the many series on the horizon. Think about it, we've seen Giant Man and Wasp (well, part of her), now these two and there are two major Avengers missing from the last wave, namely Hawkeye and Vision.

Zombie Wasp's hairpiece also indudes the top portion of her spine, so not reeeally viable for re-use.

Where are the pics on the DST website? I am a member but can't find them.

I need to see these!

Got it. Thanks.

I don't like the look of these two as much as I did the others. How do you think these will come out? Do you think we will have a Zombie Boxed set, plus the SDCC 2 pack, then a whole Zombie Wave? What do we think?

How do you think these will come out? Do you think we will have a Zombie Boxed set, plus the SDCC 2 pack, then a whole Zombie Wave? What do we think?

I don't think the Zombies will ever be released as part of the regular waves. They seem to be specialty/exclusive only so far and I imagine that will continue (because there will be more of them no doubt).

Off topic: Kirkman (the writer) must be happy about this though. Maybe it'll inspire him to have some Invincible Minimates made.

Where is a pic of the Wasp minimate? I thought Giant Man was packaged with Daredevil.

They are referring to the Wasp's head that will come with the Zombies box set. As for my feelings on this 2-pack, I am all for it! and even if I was only lukewarm on it I would still be getting it to support the line. I've been through the great minimate drought and laughed as doubters feared for the end of the minimates...I will continue to support these things as long as it lasts. As the great TBT says new mates keeps the line going and if everyones favorites came out all at once the line would fizzle in no time......so long live MINIMATES!

Jeff of the Minis

If everyone's favorite was made all at once then interest would fizzle?

I think after "the drought" plus movie mates plus the drought of official release dates plus more movie mates and now zombie mates it'd be nice for a bone to be thrown to those of us who want actually, 100% new comic book characters.

Y'know, before we fizzle off of buying the product.