UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DCD Minimates wave 4

MINI_MYTE

is anyone else thinking about putting flash's boots on their captain america?

I'm amused you are all excited about these boots, they were in the last wave on deathstroke & I thought they'd make great boots for Cyke and Cap then ;)

T.

I'm excited about the boots to put on my beardless Green Arrow as well.

It's going to be so damned cool when we have different versions of the JSA and JLA and more villains and the Doom Patrol and characters like that. I hope they make a Sea Devils set so we can switch parts around and make a team of 'em like you'll be able to do with the Blackhawk cool cat.

Man, these are the best!

Cant wait to get my series 4 from the LCS! i have been waiting for Wildcat my whole minimate experience. Batgirl anf Bane will round off my collection so far. thanx for the pics and all the reviws!!!!

yeah i get my wave4 today! cant wait

BABS and FLASH are top 2 packs

Steel gets 2nd place

and I could care less for the whitey 2 pack lol

and wave 5 is a solid set

Every single pack is prime time

wave 6 not so much

Star Girl Super Girl and Cheetah round out this wave

but I buy em all anyways

anything we should watch for with this wave?

like gimpy knees or legs?

Hey, I didn't know there was going to be a Gimpy Knees & Legs two-pack in this series. Is this DC's first chase set?

:P Kidding aside, I agree with Jason on the quality control issues with the some of the recent releases. I hope the factory has worked out these bugs. With such a big push on this particular line, issues like this can often make or break the future of the product.

I picked up the full set yesterday. Batgirl has two left arms (a little exacto treatment can make that work out), Flash's right knee was locked-up with a spot of paint in the joint but I got that worked-out this morning. Deadman's left knee was locked-up with paint as well but I was able to work that out yesterday. Bane's cable won't stay stuck in his mask - it falls out way too easily. Many figures have very loose boots and some have knees that are almost too loose. BUT - I love Steel, Cyborg SM, Batgirl and Bane! The other four were almost a "no-buy", but then I wouldn't be able to recreate the DC Minimates Poster (graciously gifted by my LCS) with the real minimates! Price per 2-pack at my LCS: $8.99 ea.

Jawfin

For me it seems to be the other way around. I was super excited about Spectre and Deadman but not as much about Steel/Cyborg and Babs/Bane. If Bane had been replaced with Two Face or Mr. Freeze I would've been really excited to get it instead of just kind of excited. And Steel/Cyborg are neat and all but I want more non-Supes guys. Gimme Golden Age Alan Scott and Starman!

I was thinking the same thing about an Alan Scott. I'd like to eventually have a full fledged JSA team. Dr. Midnight, Hourman, Sandman, the original Atom and the full-masked Hawkman. My store didn't have these yesterday just had the new Spider-Man pack. Maybe I'll get lucky next week.

For me it seems to be the other way around. I was super excited about Spectre and Deadman but not as much about Steel/Cyborg and Babs/Bane. If Bane had been replaced with Two Face or Mr. Freeze I would've been really excited to get it instead of just kind of excited. And Steel/Cyborg are neat and all but I want more non-Supes guys. Gimme Golden Age Alan Scott and Starman!

My sentiments, nearly(Spectre/Deadman are my fav.s of the wave too!). But, that's the true beauty of DCD's mates...variety! While I personally can't seem to assemble a Batman "Rogue's Gallery" fast enough, with the increased numbers and even (mostly) spread of characters, we'll all have our favorites very soon (beit Batman, Superman, GL Corp., JLA, JSA, etc.). I would have probably held-off on Bane(though he is a glorious mate!) as well in exchange for a more quintessential Bat-villan and paired him with someone like Azrael a little later, but "Oh well"...they'll all get done eventually and done right as this excellent line of mates continues to demonstrate. Regardless of personal "wants", this line is how 'mates should be done (even my least favorites are nothing short of spectacular)...and all this praise is coming from someone who has always been more of a "Marvel-guy". Bring-on the next series!!