UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Spider-Man Box Set Next Week!

Amazing.JL

Oh man! you plan 2 weeks to be out of the country and that is when all the minimates come out. just kidding. I would be more upset but lucky for me I have a great LCS who are goign to hold these guys for me. And I get back just in time for comic con. no that I am going but that is when the really exciting mates come out! mysterious target wave aside, the 28th should see thor, spiderman 3 and ghost rider.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if this box set will end up at TRU like the other recent Marvel box sets. If that's the case, then it should show up in Greenville by mid to late September.

hmmm. I don't remember a single specialty box set being released at TRU or any mass market for that matter. Most of these mates(except Hydro-Man) should be available in the Target wave.

the target spiderman wave

Dude no ones knows. People have gotten a little excited waiting for these. Just let it happen. We've never been told a specific date for mass market release. All we know is Spring and even that was subject to change since last we knew.

Just checked out previews website, the date is confirmed. :) Then I went to diamond select toys site to check out updated dates. Everything is the same for July, EXCEPT they pushed back Wave 16 to 8/29/07. I hope this IS a mistake! :angry::angry::angry:

Just checked out previews website, the date is confirmed. :) Then I went to diamond select toys site to check out updated dates. Everything is the same for July, EXCEPT they pushed back Wave 16 to 8/29/07. I hope this IS a mistake! :angry::angry::angry:

I hope it is not a mistake. While I am looking forward to this wave (even more now that I have playing marvel legends). But this way it will not be so devastating on the wallet.

I called cornerstorecomics.com(I have all my marvel mates ordered through them), they said the SM box set date was wrong(even when I told him DST's site updated). DC wave 4-Jul5th, MAR. wave 15-?, wave16-Aug.29, SM3-17&18-Jul25th, SM boxset-Jul25th. He said DST's shipping dates still shift, while DC Direct is pretty spot on. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :blink::huh:

I just picked up the Spider-Man box set with Hydro Man about an hour ago at Newbury Comics in Nashua, NH. Unfortunatley, my birthday is next week, so my father took it as a birthday present, so I can't open it until next week. I can post a picture of the box, however, if anyone wants. It looks alot like the TRU exclusive New Avengers/Astonishing X-Men sets.

I called cornerstorecomics.com(I have all my marvel mates ordered through them), they said the SM box set date was wrong(even when I told him DST's site updated). DC wave 4-Jul5th, MAR. wave 15-?, wave16-Aug.29, SM3-17&18-Jul25th, SM boxset-Jul25th. He said DST's shipping dates still shift, while DC Direct is pretty spot on. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :blink::huh:

Not that I doubt Cornerstore, but I have emails from Stuckakid confirming that this set is shipping this week. I'm pretty sure we're getting it along with the DC wave, as the gang from Stuckakid hasn't ever steered me wrong before.

I just picked up the Spider-Man box set with Hydro Man about an hour ago at Newbury Comics in Nashua, NH. Unfortunatley, my birthday is next week, so my father took it as a birthday present, so I can't open it until next week. I can post a picture of the box, however, if anyone wants. It looks alot like the TRU exclusive New Avengers/Astonishing X-Men sets.

I for one would love to see the box.

Like it says on my first post. It's comming out this Thursday. Plus I find it funny some people are even debating the date. :lol: I usually know because my shop gets billed every friday and I see their invoice..

Did somebody say this already came out? because I thought it was coming out tomorrow.

Well, I did, as I already found it. But it may have just been a mistake and put out early for some reason at the stroe I found it at. I admit that it was in an odd spot, no where near the minimates, and was kinda tucked away. I was surprised to find it. I'm uploading pictures of the box to my computer now. As I said in my last post, I can't open the set until next friday, my birthday, so all I can provide is boxed pictures. I should have them posted in 15 minutes or so.

*edit*

Okay, here they are. Sorry about the quality of the back and side shots, I didn't realize how blurry they were until I uploaded them.

spideyset1ys8.jpg

spideyset2by9.jpg

spideyset3yt8.jpg

Okay, here they are. Sorry about the quality of the back and side shots, I didn't realize how blurry they were until I uploaded them.

Dude, don't be sorry. You took the time to snap pictures for us, that's all we can ask. Thanks mightily!