UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Yet another Minimate website

With the relative absence of releases over the last couple of months, I decided it was time to finally put together that Minimate website I had been thinking about. Originally it was just going to be my personal, glorified want list. Then I realized that with a couple modifications it could be a (hopefully useful) reference for the whole Minimate community.

Minimate Database

Right now it's packs and figures, and of course it doesn't have images of what I don't have. The next step is to fill in all those holes and add in all the various accessories. (weblines, swords, alternate heads, etc.)

If anyone spots any errors, typos, or broken links please let me know. And if you have photos of the items I'm missing that you'd be willing to contribute, please drop me a PM here. I haven't set up any email on minmatedatabase domain yet, but soon.

A final note of caution, I'm not a web designer. So if you see clashing colors, funky design, or ugly css.... uhm, a wizard did it. :)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ivan, that's a really nice site great job there!

This is where I'd normally offer to help with the missing pix but I know I'll prob never get round to doing it so will be honest upfront :)

T.

Very impressive Ivan. This is how I always envisioned a minimate database should look like. My hat is off to you sir. Keep up the good work. I hope you'll be able to update your site every time a new line emerges to the public. Can't wait to see 'em.

A very proffessional job, Ivan, your website has a sleek feel to it. With time and some work it could easily become the top Minimate database around. I can tell you were meticulus in your detail, site navigation is smooth and a pleasure to deal with, well done.

Thanks guys. It feels nice to give back to the community who've given... from whom I've taken so much. :P

I'd imagine it will be quite a chore to keep it up to date with the heavy release schedule. The database part is easy enough, but taking all the pictures, then rotating, cropping, color-correcting and resizing is very time consuming. It's a good thing that The GIMP is scriptable. :) You can probably tell from the variation in the figure pictures that it took at least three (I lost count) separate photo shoots to get them all.

I'll probably end up taking me more than a week to get new releases up because I buy most of my Minimates online, and I always choose the cheapest shipping. :)

Thanks again.

As a fellow photographer, I can back you up on that, it always takes multiple pics to achieve your vision, but anybody can see that you've put a lot of work into your site. With a little polish here and there, I'm sure you can turn it into a sophisticated Minimates database equal to none. :)

Do you have a list of pics you require somewhere? Because with all the people around here with extensive MIB collections and digital cameras (myself included), I'm sure you could have your gaps filled in pretty fast.

That last part sounded sort of weird...

• 1 month later...
http://www.minimatedatabase.com/series.php?i=31

What is THIS Ivan? Palz? PALZ? IN A MINIMATE DATEBASE?! THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Ivan,its your site so go for it. Anybody who puts that much time into anything for the ultimate benefit of others deserves encouragement. With the sad demise of Danny's site the minimate database is even more welcome,put what you like in it. I respect your opinion Deadpool but a section on a now defunct line won't really hurt, will it? I am biassed* though, I loved those PALz**. Deadpool beware the upper-case when posting I learned the hard way from the Caps Police.

*biassed- 2 mule owner; having 2 butts

**correct spelling

Ivan,its your site so go for it. Anybody who puts that much time into anything for the ultimate benefit of others deserves encouragement. With the sad demise of Danny's site the minimate database is even more welcome,put what you like in it. I respect your opinion Deadpool but a section on a now defunct line won't really hurt, will it? I am biassed* though, I loved those PALz**. Deadpool beware the upper-case when posting I learned the hard way from the Caps Police.

*biassed- 2 mule owner; having 2 butts

**correct spelling

It's cool, I don't actually mind. I just was wondering why they were there. Also hoping for someone to get me on the 300 joke, but I guess those are dead by now, huh?

Heh, wait until you see the Kubrick section. :)

Actually, I had originally considered making a generalized Block Figure Database including Minimates, Palz, Kubricks, I-Men, Myclone, etc. But I realized I don't have the drive, access, or love of those lines like I do for Minimates. I might actually get the Palz up one day because it is a dead line and I already have most of the figures. But since Minimate releases show no sign of slowing down, that day will keep getting pushed back.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to agree.

This is an aweseome site.

Great work.

I really love the Random function. I just cannot stop clicking on that random button.

Same. Its like an addiction. Like I must see the next random minimate! lol

But great work Ivan. I regularly use your site to check what I want. Nice one. ;)