UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Yet another Minimate website

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While this is still at the top, I'm going to take the opportunity for a cheap plug. :whistling:

Images of the Ghostbusters Box Set and TRU Wave are now up. Nothing you haven't already seen in the other threads, but nevertheless... there they are. :)

Just noticed your statistics, Ivan. Very cool stuff. Strange to me that FA Wolvie is the most clicked Minimate of all time, though. Or is this just from January 11 through today?

I'm finding it a somewhat common observation that any "new arrivals" posted get an instant jump in the "most clicked" list thanks to their being temporary mainstays on the front page, though I have to say the recent upsurge in the popularity of Captain America, Blue Beetle and Ghost Rider on the Characters list boggles the mind. (Well... maybe not the Captain due to all the hoopla surrounding Steve Rogers' return in the comics... I wonder why we're not seeing many Green Lanterns among the most-clicked though?)

Also, I guess Iron Man's nose is even more disquieting than I initially thought. :blink:

P.S. to Ivan: entering "Green Lantern" in Search so far only pulls up the Hal Jordan and John Stewart pages. I'd recommend adding Guy Gardner, Salaak and Kilowog in there too. :)

Just noticed your statistics, Ivan. Very cool stuff. Strange to me that FA Wolvie is the most clicked Minimate of all time, though. Or is this just from January 11 through today?

Just from January, when I started collecting the stats. There was a bit of a dry spell after that Secret Invasion set came out and Wolvy stayed on top for a couple weeks building a large lead. I just looked at the actual numbers and the movie Punisher is only 13 clicks behind Wolverine. The drop off to #3 is pretty steep (>100 clicks) though.

I'm hoping to use the Google Chart API to be able to graph a figure's popularity over time.

P.S. to Ivan: entering "Green Lantern" in Search so far only pulls up the Hal Jordan and John Stewart pages. I'd recommend adding Guy Gardner, Salaak and Kilowog in there too. :)

Good catch, I appreciate it. I'll put those changes in.

Dear Ivan,I am intrigued whether ol' Web-Armor Spidey has a 'true' TRU version with a 2009 on his leg rather than a 2007. ;)

Actually I'm not sure as I haven't been able to find this series yet. They did hit at least one store near me as evidenced by the lone Wolverine/Sabretooth pack left on the peg. I'll let you know when I'm able to crack one of those suckers open. :)

That brings up a quandary though. I've never paid much attention to the dates. I know some figures have multiple years but I never personally considered them to be different figures. As a result the backend of the site isn't written to handle that kind of variation.

Of course, I can change that. :) But I'd like to know if people are interested in that type of information. Is it worth the effort to make the change?

Heh, here's a fearsome peek into the brain of Ivan... During the time I've been writing this post, in the background my brain has been reconfiguring and designing new database tables and changing the site layout to accommodate the date variants. As a result it's not as complex as I initially anticipated. Why does my brain always make extra work for me to do? Stupid brain!

In my opinion, tracking date changes is meaningful to only the die-hard of completists. Akin to asking whether a slight difference in paint shade resulting from a different batch counts as an alternate figure.

I'm fascinated by the different copyright dates and different construction of the torso peg holders on Minimates.

Thus proving my point. Thank you, Danny. ;)

Actually, my point is that I don't think a different copyright warrants a new character listing. Perhaps a datafield of figure copyright dates and which sets the given dates appeared in. Easy, right Ivan? :)

And some one, any one, can you please answer suffering bhm's question? It doesn't have to be Ivan.

• 2 months later...
BTW, there seems to be a glitch under September 2008 in the release calendar... TRU wave 1 (which came out in November) got under that heading somehow.

Sorry! :sweat:

Thanks for catching that, all fixed now. :) I don't know what happened there. I can't even blame it on a Copy/Paste error like I usually do. Maybe a wizard did it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Ivan I don't think that it is said enough so thanks for taking the time and making The Minimate database a truly useful and valuable point of reference. It's an incredible asset that most toy lines don't have and would benefit from. So Thank You Ivan I appreciate your hard work.

Edited by minimadman

:D ivan absoultly disserves tons of kudos for the database its helped me loads and gets updatd fairly quick its a great site created by an even greater guy....TO IVAN(CHEER)!!!!! :D

Aww, thanks guys. :)

I'm trying to make some time this weekend to improve the search functionality and tweak that stuff mentioned in the Cap Box Set thread. I just wish my Battle Tactics sets would show up.