UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Cars"

saw the cars film with my son shane and loved it, pixar are the best. How many cars are there to collect, up to now we have 14 but the rest are getting very hard to find. woolworths had them in for about three weeks and sold the lot but are not getting anymore in. Got my son the large lightning that has loads of sound affects, its fantastic and gives him hours of fun. We got the soundtrack cd yesterday, the music is great and my son knows most of the words already. would recomend it.

We are coming to florida in may and my son wants to know if there will be a cars ride or merchandise in the disney parks...

It would be great to see pixar do another toy story as thats got to be my fav.....great entertainment.

Hey Nestle! I was in a Target yesterday that had one of those sets, so I examined the back of the box for you. Here's what I've determined:

The track has a pair of those rubber wheel things that propel the cars around. It wheels zip them up the central slope, then the spiral down, apparently doing whacky things on the big open curve. Hit the bottom and -zip!- back up they go, as long as the batteries hold out.

Off to the right is a lever you can press to "detour" the car. They have to make it throught the spinning wagon wheel (I couldn't determine if that was electrical or kid-powered). If successful, a down-a-vator catches the car and lowers it gently to the floor.

There you go, hours of Pixar fun in your very own home!

we were lucky to find more of the variants yesterday and got two of everything, green romone, blue lightning, sarge, leakless, DJ, etc and put a few on ebay. the sarge is a great money spinner at £10 to £15 a time. saw a £3 jigsaw go for £16 yesterday. *wow*!! man these are hot.

• 3 months later...

Cars Supercharged, series 2 is out. I happened to stumble into TRU last night and they must have just stocked the shelves. Cars were overflowing the pegs and they had pretty much every single one available (that's got to be a first for me and TRU). A lot of repeats, with a few new variants thrown in.

The only one I couldn't find, and wanted the most, was the muddy McQueen, which previously was only available in playset. *sigh*

Toywiz makes for a good reference catalog if you want to know what's new:

http://www.toywiz.com/dipicamotobc.html

Scroll down for Series 2 stuff.