UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Need help... Can anybody answer my questions?

Pete

Hey everyone...

I'm really struggling to get my head around what's going on with new releases of Marvel Minimates at the moment, can anyone help and answer these few questions i have?

1. I want to buy the Spiderman 3 sets, but will the Red & Blue Spiderman and the Black Spiderman in the sets be the same as the 2 figure set that came out a while back?

2. The Spiderman box set that has Tormented Spiderman in it... Does this set also have Civil War and Armour Spiderman in it too?

3. When do the Marvel Zombie minimates come out?

4. How can a guy from the UK get his hands on the Giantman and Dare Devil zombies mates?

5. Is there a place online where i buy all the minimates i mentioned and have them shipped to the UK?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can answer my questions... :blink:

Hey Pete, welcome to the boards! Hope this helps:

1) Apparently the Red & Black Spider-Men that were in the debut pack will be different than those in Wave 18. As to how, we don't know yet although we have seen a pic of a "Big Chest" Black Spider-Man...

2) No, "Civil War" and Armored Spider-Man are part of the as-yet-unreleased Target Spider-Man wave. "Torment" Spider-Man comes in a box set with Hydroman, Sandman, Melee Symbiote Spider-Man, and Venom.

3) MZ should be out in September and you should check out the Unofficial 2007 Release Timeline as well.

4) There are a lot of MMMV members going to SDCC and there will no doubt be a thread posted closer to the date of the con which will try to hook members up (no guarantees though and you'll still have to pay but it should be much cheaper than going through eBay).

5) Forbidden Planet is the only UK-based online store that I know of (but I live in Canada so knowing more than that wouldn't help me) There's also Stuckakid, Cornerstore Comics, AFX...although shipping might be expensive coming from out of the UK.

Hey,I'm in the UK &, in my experience, it is cheaper to buy directly from the US. Stuckakid is held in high regard but I have yet to have dealt with him.I have however dealt with Cornerstore Comics & they are superb. AFX ,I know little of but their shipping costs have generally frightened me off ! Buying from the US only becomes prohibitive if you place a small order,so buy a wave or even a case . Beware the curse of import duties & VAT which can also be randomly applied by the British Taxman! I'm new to this board myself but I don't think it is fully recognised that Minimates cost twice as much in the UK (rrp) as they do in the US .All the best, Rob

Thanks to those of you who replied and sent me PM's.

Things are now much clearer to me and the advice certainly helps.

Probably gonna be back with more stupid questions at some point, but atleast i now have a few leads to help me get hold of the minimates i'm after.

Thanks again... Pete