UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys and gals, I've photographed the lot of customs and I'm in the process of listing them on eBay. As I said before I'm going to split them up into two waves of auctions starting about one week apart. And I figured the best way to group them would be in the order that they were posted. So the first eight up for auction will be MINI-MYTE's ZOMBIE, Luke's MINOTAUR, Shamrock's MUMMY, antacost's FRANKENSTEIN, boyd's MAD SCIENTIST, punisher's INVISIBLE MAN, jcastick's CYCLOPS, and newaddict's GHOST.

Here's the latest group pic that will appear in all of the auctions:

th_100_2715.jpg

(Sorry boyd, I left out the 'experiment' as I couldn't get it to fit in the composition.)

I'll post direct links to the auctions once their all done (it's going to take me a little while) and I would appreciate it if you guys could go and spread the word to other forums and message boards.

jcastick: I'll get you pics for the new banner once I'm done listing the first batch...

The first eight customs have been listed! Here are direct links to the auctions:

Zombie, Minotaur, Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, Mad Scientist, Invisible Man, Cyclops, Graveyard Ghost.

Here's a link to all of the auctions: Charitymates: Monsters for Blood auctions

And here's an updated group pic including boyd's experiment - it was ridiculous to omit such a thing a beauty!

th_Picture035.jpg

Excuse me while I go an update the pics in the auctions now...

EDIT: Hmm, I didn't realize you couldn't delete and replace pics once they've been listed. The new group pic will definitely go up in the next eight auctions.

wow...whoever "i am the seeker" is, is winning all 8 of them!

For now...

There's plenty of time left for others to get in the game (although having one buyer would certainly make things easier for me in terms of packing and shipping!).

I am "Iam_the_seeker" and have been saving money for some time so that I could bid generously for these little works of art. That being said, I strongly encourage everyone to bid aggressively for these since each one is "one of a kind" and they all benefit such worthy causes. I'm sure I'll be outbid, and would be very (okay only mildly) disappointed if I'm not! :thumbsup:

I strongly encourage everyone to bid aggressively for these since each one is "one of a kind" and they all benefit such worthy causes. I'm sure I'll be outbid, and would be very (okay only mildly) disappointed if I'm not!

That's a great way of looking at things newaddict! I'd love to bid on a few myself but I'm going to need a proxy bidder to do that...

Hey Fujis,

I started promoting the auctions on a few sites I'm on (Livejournal, Deviant Art and Myspace)

http://jcastick.deviantart.com/art/Charity-Mates-65735820

http://jcastick.livejournal.com/

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...logID=313142593

I used your description from Minimate HQ, I made sure I gave you credit as well :)

I messaged Luke if he could host the new banner as well, I have it uploaded to my photobucket and he has the link....so I'm just waiting to get back to him.

Here is the link to the image I'm using for the promotion:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b17/jcas...sSmallPromo.jpg

As long as it is ok with you Fujis, I would say start spreading the word folks.......I hope to hear from Luke soon with a link to the banner if you prefer to use a flash file instead of a larger image.

As long as it is ok with you Fujis, I would say start spreading the word folks.......I hope to hear from Luke soon with a link to the banner if you prefer to use a flash file instead of a larger image.

Yeah, I'd say spread the word. I love the way the pic looks with Shamrock's logo and the wording at the bottom. If you go back in the thread I think Shamrock's original image is on a clear background so it might blend a little more seamlessly into the pic rather than the one on the grey bg that I sent you.

Are you making a flash banner as well?

EDIT: Logo on a clear bg - click here

I made sure I gave you credit as well :)

I'd feel more comfortable if you credited all of the customizers who donated their time and effort. There is no "i" in "team"! ;)

The banner is done, just need to see if Luke can host it again.

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Phew, Ok folks, First off I want to apologize for my absence here.

I just recieved the pictures from Fujis this morning, and I intend to begin on the cards tonight.

While this is a slight longshot, and Im sure not everyone will read this today, but I would appreciate it if each customizer would create a short bio (a few sentances) for their creature. This should really help simplify creating the cards, and hopefully speed the process up. If I dont get a bio for a certian 'Mate I can go ahead and create one myself... I hesitate to do this because no one is going to know more about a certian creature than the person who created it.

The auctions for wave 1 are sitting at 5 days now, and I will take me no more than a few hours to create the cards. Once the cards are completed, I will send the digital files to Luke to be printed. Once they are printed, however, they need to be mailed (either to Fujis or the winning bidder) so I would like to have them completed by Thursday of this week (the 27th of Sept).

The most important cards to be completed are obviously the ones already listed, as their deadline has come...

MINI-MYTE's ZOMBIE

Luke's MINOTAUR

Shamrock's MUMMY

antacost's FRANKENSTEIN

boyd's MAD SCIENTIST

punisher's INVISIBLE MAN

jcastick's CYCLOPS

newaddict's GHOST

So, if each customizer could possibly send me a short blurb about their character, I will have the cards done in no time (and hopefully to Luke and printed before the auctions end).

Thanks for the opportunity to participate on this project, Ill be sure to post the completed cards up here when Im done.

Joe

Fujis - All edited, let me know if anything else needs to changed :)

luke314pi - Thanks a bunch Luke!! Is there any kind of coding we could add to it to make it clickable to the auctions main page?

JPapasso - I'll get a description to you tonight, I can probably get it done while i'm at work.