UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Minimates Project

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Invisible Man Punisher! Looks good :)

I'm FINALLY finished with my custom, and here is a preview Pic until I take some more tomorrow:

I present "The Cyclops" :

Mates4BloodCyclops.jpg

I really like how this one turned out, and I'm happy to be donating it for this cause!

if you guys are going to sell these sell them here then at ebay some of us don't like ebay <_<

and we should get a chance to get our hands on them before ebayers... :thumbsup:

Yeah, sorry Dante, these customs will be sold on eBay as that was the agreement between us and America's Blood Centers. Plus, eBay has a great 'Charity' feature for sellers where a given amount of the sale price is donated to a certain charity and eBay, through Mission Fish, handles the donation aspect.

Speaking of which, Mr. Schulz recently advised me that he had registered The Foundation for America's Blood Centers with Mission Fish which means that anyone can now list an auction with the proceeds going to ABC. So we'll be able to help out with the proceeds from this project but other sellers in the future will also be able to support them.

And I've said it before but thank you to everyone who has volunteered their time, skills, and resources to this project! I have already received MM's custom Zombie and many more are on the way (including my own contribution which should be finished in the next couple of days).

First of all I need to apologize for my lack of commentary regarding this project thus far. Life around my household has been hectic to say the least. So apologies to all those who have already worked so hard to make this project a success. The pieces thus far have been extremely creative and breath taking. If my wallet could afford it I would aggressively pursue them all for my personal collection, so credit where it is due. You all have done incredible work.

My ghost is nearly done (the last coat of sealer has just been applied), so I hope to have pics of him up this evening. Not as awe-inspiring as I had hoped, and given the present company he'll be sharing I feel even less impressed by my own work, but I made the commitment to charity and will see it through. Anyway, just wanted to congratulate those who have already done so much for this project, including those who have done so much legwork just making this a reality. Here's hoping we can really make a good showing in the end.

EDITED: OKay, so thie pic is here sooner than I expected. Anyway here is my portion of the project:

100_7898.jpg

The graveyard ghost. He rattles his deathly chains and wanders the cemetary at night. He includes (as you can see in the picture) a customized display base, ghostly chain and, as an added feature, glow in the dark paint.

Nice Invisible Man Punisher! Looks good :)

I'm FINALLY finished with my custom, and here is a preview Pic until I take some more tomorrow:

I present "The Cyclops" :

Mates4BloodCyclops.jpg

I really like how this one turned out, and I'm happy to be donating it for this cause!

Those teeth!! :lol: Great result

Well, I am late to the party.......again :blush: very sorry about this. I had a lot more planned for this, but time caught up, and i only got the custom(s) done. I hope you guys like my version of a vampire. I wanted to keep it kind of classic, but hopefully have my own look to it.

first up is my vampire-

dracv1.jpg

the one thing I love about vampires is the ability to shapeshift into some pretty wicked demons, so I had fun and did my version of what this old pale faced chomper might turn into.

dracv2.jpg

Here is the two of them in a makeshift before and after shot. you can see the wings kind of rotate up and down.

dracv.jpg

I hope you guys dig them...I had also planned to do a coffin as well as a little diorama with a few little things in it...maybe next time :blink:

:woot: holy crap!!! you guys did amazing job, on all of them!!. hopefully i'll be able to put some money together so i can try and get some of those beauties .

i'm glade i'm not the only one with a last minute entry.

well heres my monster hunter, he comes complete with a monster/demon head, knife, pistol, and silver stakes (for those pesky vampires)

vh2vl4.th.jpg

yeah!!, who ever said procrastination is bad thing.

EDIT: i just noticed that the picture came out really big, so i fixed it.

Amazing work guys! And here's my custom (finally!): Alabaster Finn, also known as...THE EXECUTIONER!

th_ExecutionerbyFujis.jpg

th_Executioner02byFujis.jpg

His mask is scratch-built and is removable. I'll post pics of his face once I'm finished painting his hairpiece. And yes, like sb's "Monster Hunter" my Executioner is also missing an eye.

OMG!!! Nervous, Skull Buster and Fujis... do you guys hear that?

Ffftt... plop! That's my jaw hitting the floor! I am in awe of your customs gentlemen. By far (in my opinion) the 3 customs that will fetch big bucks at auction. No joke! The detail you guys have put into these 4 customs is astounding.

Nervous: Your vampire is one slick looking dude. Clean lines and flawless paint apps. The Spectre's head was perfectly re-used for this character. Top marks. The bat demon incarnation is also superbly executed. A most evil looking individual. A perfect 2-pack in my mind. Excellent work my friend!

Skull Buster: Words fail me, but I'll try. Your monster hunter puts that lame Hugh Jackman's VanHelsing to shame. The amount of detail you have included is phenominal. Everthing from his dead eye to the scarf to the flintlock and dagger to the chain and severed monster head make this guy one of the best customs on this project. I am so very pleased with the quality you have brought to the table. Top notch!

Fujis: I am so totaly amazed by your executioner. Your work (customizing) has improved with every new custom you make. As of your Goon customs, your stuff has been AA prototype quality. No joke. Without a second thought, I will say you rank one of the top minimate customizers out there. Your execution of the executioner is very original (I love the axe prosthetic). The amount of detail (blood splatter, musculature and back scars) is breathless. Keep up the good work.

The 3 of you you all deserve a BIG ASS pat on the back. Simply amazing!