UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates molds

Does anyone know the manufacturer that Art Asylum uses to make there minimates or something familiar?Thanks in advance! :wolvie:

Nope and sorry to be the bearer of this but you're wasting time chasing this one, Do you really think a factory is going to risk it's probably very profitable working relationship with the likes of AA, DST and DCD to make something that is an illegal bootleg for someone they don't know in the USA?

10/10 for "enterprise" but -10million/10 for having a clue what's actually involved in making toys.

Frankly even talking about it here makes me uncomfortable.... We are a new forum and want to build relationships with the likes of AA & DST.

Having them come here to see someone fishing on how to bootleg their property is not going to impress them.

At the risk of overstepping my position on the board and whilst you are more than welcome here whilst shooting the breeze about genral minimateyness, can I suggest that you take these kinds of questions elsewhere?

T.

Yeah, you don't really want to be talking about bootlegging their stuff. :wolvie:

Does anyone know the manufacturer that Art Asylum uses to make there minimates or something familiar?Thanks in advance! :wolvie:

As I told you via PM the last time you made a post like this, its totally illegal.

I completely concur with everything TBT has said.

I dont know what you are actually planning on doing, but if its anything like the scheme you tried to explain to me via PM I suggest you stop. Now.

If you really want to make and sell your own minimates then I suggest you look at officially comissioning an exclusive, to give you a ball park idea you'll probably need about $15,000 upfront. Anything else violates several copyrights and is totally illegal.

^^^ Casting your own minimates from molds to make customs would be an incredibly labor intensive process. Not to mention the fact that getting the molds out of the factory would border on something from a James Bond film.

No, you'll just have to make customs the old fashioned way -- buy a whole bunch of extras for parts.

jeeez, you guys are being real hard on this guy, he just asked a question, give em a break, its not like he'd actualy get a mold.

Do you have any idea how hard "they" would be on this forum if we helped conspire to or condoned bootlegging a product? Its not a topic open for discussion.

I think Master-Wolverine now understands that customizing existing figures is whats best. No need to be uncomfortable. Live & learn. Its behind you.